Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

BTC Super 22

60 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, HY3:13 said:

They're all too good.

Maybe the Super 22 team could play SFA at the end of the season...lol.

55 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

Why no players from SFA?

Good question? Players are nominated by the HC and then a committee goes from there. They do try to ensure each school has a rep as long as a rep is submitted 

Just now, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Good question? Players are nominated by the HC and then a committee goes from there. They do try to ensure each school has a rep as long as a rep is submitted 

Safe to assume that SFA didn't nominate anyone?

And remember, these players are not necessarily the top players in the area.  These are players are good players from schools that are members of the BTC, but also need recruiting exposure.  I had to remind myself this after seeing the past two Howard County Offensive Players of the year in Glenelg RB Wande Owens (OPOY 2016) and Howard RB Devin Dawkins (2017 OPOY) not on this list.  But never the less, congrats to these players for being selected.

8 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

And remember, these players are not necessarily the top players in the area.  These are players are good players from schools that are members of the BTC, but also need recruiting exposure.  I had to remind myself this after seeing the past two Howard County Offensive Players of the year in Glenelg RB Wande Owens (OPOY 2016) and Howard RB Devin Dawkins (2017 OPOY) not on this list.  But never the less, congrats to these players for being selected.

Actually many of these kids have Div 1 FBS offers. Neither Owens or Dawkins can say that. 

3 minutes ago, oberserveroffacts said:

Actually many of these kids have Div 1 FBS offers. Neither Owens or Dawkins can say that. 

And I saw a couple of those players, such as Wilde Lake ATH Osita Smith with the Marshall offer.  But when I questioned this list a year or 2 ago I was told I this is list of players from schools who were good standing members of the BTC that had players needing exposure.

Both the Spaulding DB’s Logic and Sean have offers and Giovanni the BL kid has multiple FBS offers as well. And  Zack (Gilman) has Morgan St. Dawkins and Owens won OPOY and haven’t received much interest. Why is that?

14 minutes ago, oberserveroffacts said:

Both the Spaulding DB’s Logic and Sean have offers and Giovanni the BL kid has multiple FBS offers as well. And  Zack (Gilman) has Morgan St. Dawkins and Owens won OPOY and haven’t received much interest. Why is that?

My understanding Howard's Dawkins has spoken to Clemson, Pitt and Maryland.  But as far as offers is concern he has none.  Maybe his size is currently keeping schools from offering him.

Glenelg's Owens was injured during the season.  So maybe schools are waiting til next season before they offer him. 

I stand corrected on Spencer. Thought he had offers he doesn’t. I think it’s academics for Dawkins

Edited by oberserveroffacts