Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

Dallas Dance cops a plea- GUILTY

54 posts in this topic

Why do you think that he will serve time?

I figure he made a deal.  Kev kam probably give him a bonus for not bringing him up

33 minutes ago, overtaxed said:

I figure he made a deal.  Kev kam probably give him a bonus for not bringing him up

Has to be a plea deal.  Wonder what he gave the prosecution in return - I'm assuming a guilty plea is not enough.

2 hours ago, Sprightly said:

Why do you think that he will serve time?

From another Sun article:

Prosecutors recommended a sentence of five years and want Dance to serve 18 months in jail. A sentencing hearing was scheduled for April 20, Dance’s 38th birthday.

Link.

That jail-time recommendation sounds about right, but there's no mention of him paying a fine. It should at least be the amount that he improperly received.

I would be shocked if he serves a weekend.

52 minutes ago, regularguy said:

From another Sun article:

Link.

That jail-time recommendation sounds about right, but there's no mention of him paying a fine. It should at least be the amount that he improperly received.

Thank you. I understand the recommendation but I have no reason to believe that he will serve jail time. He needs to repay the money though.

1 hour ago, Woodbuchr said:

I would be shocked if he serves a weekend.

I agree 

I read the Statement of Facts which usually is indicative of a plea deal. If his deal gives him 18 months, I would imagine he'll do at least 10-12 months before he's let out on good behavior. They'll probably add the remainder of his time to the back end of his parole/probation.

So, his first name is really Shaun.  Dallas is his middle name. 

3 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

So, his first name is really Shaun.  Dallas is his middle name. 

Nahhhh that has to be wrong ....Dance'n was his first name. :lol:

Good at least one snake oil salesmen got nailed.....next  up....White.

Oh oppppsss that is two....the guy that was in communications or something.

23 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

Maybe while in prison he can teach so inmates and get more teaching experience.

Wonder if he'll bring anyone else down??? KK?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/investigations/bal-dallas-dance-pleads-guilty-statement-of-facts-from-maryland-prosecutor-20180308-htmlstory.html

We can hope. 

Maybe that was part of the deal.

Judging by the rapidness of the whole thing....I gotta a feeling that the state had an iron clad case....and that Dance'n is coughing up fur balls about a lot of 'other' things going on in the Balt County School System....including KK. 

Hey think about it.....if 'some' can blame Hogan for a subway that has been ignored....well KK is in a similar leading postion...should he have not had an idea of what was going on? 

Ohhh and lets talk about the real estate deals....and the new schools KK has suddenly found money for. 

I seriously doubt this is the last we will hear about Dance'n. 

In the article titled 'Young, charismatic leader brought fame to county schools' in todays paper (sorry I can't get the link)

The was a first line quote; 'Dallas Dance was a bright, tech-savvy leader beloved by students and praised by county leaders'.

I have some comments;

1- The beloved by students thing....I was teaching in the county when Dance'n came onboard. Most kids didn't know who he was, other than a name. Or maybe they saw him at a graduation ceremony. That was it. I know....I was teaching in the county....and he did stop by our school several times over the year(s)... never met with the kids...he walked the hallways with the Principal or alone and no child gave him a second glance ....nor did he 'reach out' to them. 

2- Oh yes .....praised by county leaders....the very same leaders that goofed in hiring him in the first place....and put on the blinders or were just plain clueless about his illegal activities....oh yeah that's a benchmark...dumb bunnies that think he was great. :rolleyes:

3- Now lets talk about the teachers. In my experiences....the only ones that remotely liked Dance'n were the suck up Department Chairs....those that.....gee you probably guessed it ....were looking at the next rung up. If you asked the rank and file....in the trenches....teachers what they thought....well with no kids around....be prepared to more expletives than you would hear from a bunch of sailors on shore leave. 

4- Dance'n had this pie in the sky....snake oil salesmen way....which the NONE TEACHERS LOVED (board/gooberment)....ohhh look at the pretty shiny thing. Which led to 'stuff' happening way way way too fast for teachers to handle....but it made the check signers happy (county leaders and the board).  And that was all that mattered. Dance'n was the  school system Picard....'Make it so Number One'.....and walked away from the details and the mayhem that followed. Which again, KK, the board, etc totally and utterly ignored....heck what to teachers know...they are just whining:mad:.

If you doubt me....find a teacher in the system....and ask their HONEST THOUGHTS....which they can now do with him gone. Negative and challenging input from the 'staff' was forbidden. I bet my house 8 out of 10 teachers, will agree with my points above. And I say HONEST THOUGHTS....because....like Trump....even in a so called 'open forum' when teachers brought the 'nasty stuff' up ....he blew them of or totally re-directed and deflected. 

Hopefully there is a teacher or two on this forum...that can validate what I have said. And I swear on my Fathers, Mothers and Brothers graves that everything I have said is the absolute truth!

Good bye and good riddance Dance'n .

23 hours ago, Guido2 said:

In the article titled 'Young, charismatic leader brought fame to county schools' in todays paper (sorry I can't get the link)

The was a first line quote; 'Dallas Dance was a bright, tech-savvy leader beloved by students and praised by county leaders'.

I have some comments;

1- The beloved by students thing....I was teaching in the county when Dance'n came onboard. Most kids didn't know who he was, other than a name. Or maybe they saw him at a graduation ceremony. That was it. I know....I was teaching in the county....and he did stop by our school several times over the year(s)... never met with the kids...he walked the hallways with the Principal or alone and no child gave him a second glance ....nor did he 'reach out' to them. 

2- Oh yes .....praised by county leaders....the very same leaders that goofed in hiring him in the first place....and put on the blinders or were just plain clueless about his illegal activities....oh yeah that's a benchmark...dumb bunnies that think he was great. :rolleyes:

3- Now lets talk about the teachers. In my experiences....the only ones that remotely liked Dance'n were the suck up Department Chairs....those that.....gee you probably guessed it ....were looking at the next rung up. If you asked the rank and file....in the trenches....teachers what they thought....well with no kids around....be prepared to more expletives than you would hear from a bunch of sailors on shore leave. 

4- Dance'n had this pie in the sky....snake oil salesmen way....which the NONE TEACHERS LOVED (board/gooberment)....ohhh look at the pretty shiny thing. Which led to 'stuff' happening way way way too fast for teachers to handle....but it made the check signers happy (county leaders and the board).  And that was all that mattered. Dance'n was the  school system Picard....'Make it so Number One'.....and walked away from the details and the mayhem that followed. Which again, KK, the board, etc totally and utterly ignored....heck what to teachers know...they are just whining:mad:.

If you doubt me....find a teacher in the system....and ask their HONEST THOUGHTS....which they can now do with him gone. Negative and challenging input from the 'staff' was forbidden. I bet my house 8 out of 10 teachers, will agree with my points above. And I say HONEST THOUGHTS....because....like Trump....even in a so called 'open forum' when teachers brought the 'nasty stuff' up ....he blew them of or totally re-directed and deflected. 

Hopefully there is a teacher or two on this forum...that can validate what I have said. And I swear on my Fathers, Mothers and Brothers graves that everything I have said is the absolute truth!

Good bye and good riddance Dance'n .

My wife (now retired) was a central office employee under both Hairston and Dance, and even though she did not always agree with Hairston's approach, she would agree 100% with your assessment of Dance. She pegged him as an empty suit from day 1. 

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Papi said:

My wife (now retired) was a central office employee under both Hairston and Dance, and even though she did not always agree with Hairston's approach, she would agree 100% with your assessment of Dance. She pegged him as an empty suit from day 1. 

Well except for the cash in his pockets. :lol:

And I think White is next....maybe not as badly....but I would imagine...with the close association and mentorship of Dance'n with her. I would think/hope ...she will be at the very least ...quietly be allowed to fade away. 

As they say....'you are judged by the company you keep'. 

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Dinglehopper said:

KevKam’s pet project failed

I wonder how KK is going to try and spin this in regard to his campaign run.

Imagine his opponents 'headline/talking points. You want KK to run our state? The man couldn't even see a thief in his midst..and backed him to boot.

If played right....KK won't make it past the first round to even get on the ballot for the primaries.

. Ohhhh sorry I forgot....ideas and voter support and integrity don't count anymore....just how much of a bankroll you got. :mad: So guess will see him in Nov. 

Edited by Guido2

2 hours ago, Guido2 said:

I wonder how KK is going to try and spin this in regard to his campaign run.

Imagine his opponents 'headline/talking points. You want KK to run our state? The man couldn't even see a thief in his midst..and backed him to boot.

If played right....KK won't make it past the first round to even get on the ballot for the primaries.

. Ohhhh sorry I forgot....ideas and voter support and integrity don't count anymore....just how much of a bankroll you got. :mad: So guess will see him in Nov. 

He doesn't need to spin this. He just needs to tell the voters - IT'S MY JOB TO TALK AND YOUR JOB TO LISTEN!!!!!!!!!

Dance has gotten his just deserts. It was ridiculous to throw his career away on a stupid side hustle like he did. 

It is whistling by the graveyard to think that Baltimore county can go back to Mr. ROgers in charge. They need to get a handle on the resegregation that is going on in the county, and need to hire a Superintendent who can address that. 

Clearly Dance made more gestures than impact, and then imploded, but the impuls to hire someone to address these issues was the right one. 

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, sparky1 said:

Dance has gotten his just deserts. It was ridiculous to throw his career away on a stupid side hustle like he did. 

It is whistling by the graveyard to think that Baltimore county can go back to Mr. ROgers in charge. They need to get a handle on the resegregation that is going on in the county, and need to hire a Superintendent who can address that. 

Clearly Dance made more gestures than impact, and then imploded, but the impuls to hire someone to address these issues was the right one. 

Interesting statement. Do you care to expound on that statement?

I don't think it is any kind of secret that Baltimore schools are reverting to single race in some areas. And the county schools are allergic to redistricting, and the county council is allergic to changes in housing, transportation or zoning that would change the economic makeup of some areas. 

http://data.baltimoresun.com/news/bridging-the-divide/

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-county-segregation-20170320-story.html

1 hour ago, sparky1 said:

I don't think it is any kind of secret that Baltimore schools are reverting to single race in some areas. And the county schools are allergic to redistricting, and the county council is allergic to changes in housing, transportation or zoning that would change the economic makeup of some areas. 

http://data.baltimoresun.com/news/bridging-the-divide/

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-county-segregation-20170320-story.html

Reverting.....I think the term is a bit strong. You make it sound like some master plan. Which is not the case....whites and blacks a like moved out...left behind the less fortunate....THE CITY gooberment....let the schools deteriorate...more people left when they started having kids because of that....and those that stay...I would imagine ....for the most part send their kids to either private schools or do their damndest to get their kids into the 'elite' schools.

So is it a master plan.....nope.....economics...who leaves who stays.....YUP.

I came to MD to teach in Balt. County in 84....the school was composed racially percentage wise...about 78% white...remainder non-white. I left the system for 30 years and in semi-retirement decided to go back into teaching in the county. And by chance I was assigned to the exact same school. And guess what the racial breakdown was exactly the same as the counties as of 2014. That means that around 30% of the kids and people living in the county were white....the remainder minorities.

Oh...the stats....they are admittedly from 2016 but I think it is close enough for government work. :D

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/baltimorecitymarylandcounty/PST045216

I was referring to the Baltimore County Schools. There is no master plan, that the government is directing, and that is part of the problem. As the county has slowly diversified from approximately 90% white in 1980 some areas of the school system have not seen that diversity. 

What purpose would prison serve in this case? None. As a first time offender give him unsupervised probation and move on.

I have no plans, and no one I know of has any plans to restrict people from moving into Baltimore County. In truth evey jurisdiction I know of wants to grow. In some sense it is proof that it is an attractive place to live. Fact is the county is roughly gaining 50000 new residents every decade, so it is growing pretty good. 

There is racial resegregation going on. I think the county would do well to adopt policies to stop it now before it becomes too entrenched and destructive.