Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

Dallas Dance cops a plea- GUILTY

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gertrude said:

What purpose would prison serve in this case? None. As a first time offender give him unsupervised probation and move on.

Maybe to set a TANGIBLE example to others? Further....if you look at his 'track record' this is NOT a one time thing....there was a definite pattern. This was not an 'opppsss my bad'......

On 3/15/2018 at 11:52 AM, Gertrude said:

What purpose would prison serve in this case? None. As a first time offender give him unsupervised probation and move on.

Theft of this extent requires that someone serve prison time. You don't play with or falsify documents for profitable gain. Greed is something isn't it?

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

Theft of this extent requires that someone serve prison time. You don't play with or falsify documents for profitable gain. Greed is something isn't it?

As I said earlier....if this was a one off....an ooopsss....I would side with Gertrude. Everyone makes mistakes. But as I said....it is more than obvious that this was planned deception (not reporting outside income)...continuing to have side deals even after getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar (if memory serves). Then on top of all that trying to cover it up and lying. 

And ohhhh....lets not forget the con-job he pulled. "Ohhhhhh I am so concern about continuity....I really want to be able to continue my work...ohhhh the kids...ohhhh give me my contract renewal early....yes yes...thank you very much for the raise or and fluffing up my golden parachute while you were at it. Thank you ...thank you....now I can focus on making our schools great again." Pun intended. 

Then he suddenly bails.............. :mad: Health issues. :rolleyes: ahhhh yeah. 

Nope jail time.

And I hope White gets nailed too. The connection and mentoring is too closely associated between her and Dance'n. If the county board etc. really want to prove to the citizens that they want transparency  etc etc. they have to do push for jail time. As well as a full blown audit using an outside auditor.

Otherwise it is just ...once again .... BS. 

Edited by Guido2

On 3/15/2018 at 11:52 AM, Gertrude said:

So was Martha Stewart a first time crook.... Plus while in state prison he can teach some classes! 

14 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

So was Martha Stewart a first time crook.... Plus while in state prison he can teach some classes! 

I am not positive....but I am pretty sure that Dance'n never taught any classes of practical use.....like math or English.

However, since it seems at times ...that prison nowadays is really a place of 'higher education' for crime. Well he could probably teach the finer points of white collar crime to the inmates that are looking to move up in the world. :lol:

Sentencing comes on Friday. I am wondering what he gets. 18 months is recommendation but the judge has no obligation to go along.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Sentencing comes on Friday. I am wondering what he gets. 18 months is recommendation but the judge has no obligation to go along.

My bet is a fine and 18 months probation with time taken off for good behavior. :mad:

I mean guys that shoot people and sell dope get lesser sentences that you describe. 

Edited by Guido2

18 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

My bet is a fine and 18 months probation with time taken off for good behavior. :mad:

I mean guys that shoot people and sell dope get lesser sentences that you describe. 

I am expecting about 6 months in county jail or even house arrest. I have looked up Judge Cox. She seems to be independent. I found a website that reviews judges. Granted it only shows a very small sample, but it reflects favorably on her.

http://www.therobingroom.com/md/Judge.aspx?ID=5633

Also worth noting that she was a former public defender. Sometimes that’s meaningless. But it may be beneficial to Dance.

Seems like a judge that Baltimore could use. 

Well we'll see what shakes out....hopefully she will get caught in traffic....spill her coffee on her robe and not be in a good mood. :lol:

My guess is she already has her mind firmly wrapped up.

I wonder how his conviction and sentencing will play on Ms. White.

Imagine the egg on the collective faces of the board if she is made permanent and this sort of thing comes up at a later date.

But maybe this board isn't worried since they will be kicking the can down to the next board. 

IMO..... I don't know the legal etc. protocols in detail.....but it seems that the new board should 'be on board' :rolleyes:;) for that decision. If the law says....it must be done buy X....well get a waiver....they get waivers for most everything now a days.

If they can waive snow days they should in hell be able to waive something as critical as this.  

Edited by Guido2

Six months

Former Baltimore County schools Superintendent Dallas Dance will spend six months in a county jail, a judge ruled Friday.

Dance was sentenced to five years, with all but six months suspended, for four counts of perjury for failing to disclose income for part time consulting work, including payments from a company he helped win a no-bid contract with the school system. He also received two years probation and must serve 700 hours of community service.

Dance, who turned 37 on his sentencing day, will serve his time in the Baltimore County Detention Center in Towson, which is adjacent to a high school that opened during his first days on the job.

Happy Birthday!

1 hour ago, Baltimatt said:

Six months

Happy Birthday!

He'll probably get more time knocked off for good behavior.  

53 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Six months

Happy Birthday!

A well deserved punishment. They should make him do his 700 hours of community service as a substitute teacher for Lansdowne High and Woodlawn High, so he could see how well some of his "ideas" have worked out. :rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, Papi said:

A well deserved punishment. They should make him do his 700 hours of community service as a substitute teacher for Lansdowne High and Woodlawn High, so he could see how well some of his "ideas" have worked out. :rolleyes:

Oh yes......that would be sweet justice for him having to teach at Woodlawn....the counties version of Fort Apache, The Bronx. 

Something like 78% of the students are from single parent, no parent,  foster care or group homes. I didn't teach there but I knew many teachers from there.....not a fun place at all. 

Strangely, Ms. White is a graduate. Hmmmmm that might explain her difficulty figuring out those disclosure forms. :lol: They also produced an astronaut.

Not bad..... 2 out of thousands.

I am sure Dallas can walk right in and fix everything. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Oh yes......that would be sweet justice for him having to teach at Woodlawn....the counties version of Fort Apache, The Bronx. 

Something like 78% of the students are from single parent, no parent,  foster care or group homes. I didn't teach there but I knew many teachers from there.....not a fun place at all. 

Strangely, Ms. White is a graduate. Hmmmmm that might explain her difficulty figuring out those disclosure forms. :lol: They also produced an astronaut.

Not bad..... 2 out of thousands.

I am sure Dallas can walk right in and fix everything. :rolleyes:

Ms. White graduated from Woodlawn High long before it (and its feeder community) began its downward spiral. But that school is not the only one in Baltimore County that has experienced a decline over the years. Overlea High, Randallstown High, Parkville High (from which I graduated in 1966), and Loch Raven High have all experienced similar declines, in varying degrees.

And just now it was reported on the evening news that a pregnant teacher at Villa Cresta Elementary School (in the Parkville area, and which my sister attended from 1949 to 1954) was carjacked and assaulted today there today by "a group of 4 teenage girls". :(

The changing times and the changing demographics have not been kind to any number of schools in the greater Baltimore area.

Edited by Papi

7 minutes ago, Papi said:

Ms. White graduated from Woodlawn High long before it (and its feeder community) began its downward spiral. But that school is not the only one in Baltimore County that has experienced a decline over the years. Overlea High, Randallstown High, Parkville High, and Loch Raven High have all experienced similar declines, in varying degrees.

And just now it was reported on the evening news that a pregnant teacher at Villa Cresta Elementary School (in the Parkville area, and which my sister attended from 1949 to 1954) was carjacked and assaulted today there today by "a group of 4 teenage girls". :(

The changing times and the changing demographics have not been kind to any number of schools in the greater Baltimore area.

Oh for sure. I don't want to get into the being kind etc.  

But when I taught in a what we now call a magnet school (which will go unnamed) back in the early 80's....the classes were composed of about 20 percent non-white. When I returned to the same school in 2010 the numbers were totally reversed with 20% being white. With most of the kids in the 80% group origioally from the city or still in the city and living with an aunt.

As things are going.....if you look at the numbers.... I would imagine within the next decade or so the demographics of the county will mirror the city. 

I will bet my house on that. 

Ohh and about that women I hope she is OK and only property was lost. And I will add if I or my wife is ever assaulted in that fashion. I won't be worrying about not having a ccw to carry going forward. PERIOD.