Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FatBoy

Mississippi passes law banning abortion after 15 weeks

147 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Ibrihim said:

She's lying.  She is not part NA, not a drop of blood runs through her Fauxcahontas veins.

She's been challenged to take a saliva DNA test (all you have to do is spit) to prove it and she has refused.

Elizabeth Warren refuses DNA test to prove Native American heritage

Lol, "folklore" is her proof.  Instead of taking a $99 test.

She's a lying liberal fake-o Indian.

We don’t ask the British Royal family to take a DNA test. They rely on the same folklore.

58 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

I think we just illustrated how pro choice is not pro death. Some don’t see it that way. Luckily we both get it.

Nonsense.  Pro choice is pro-death.

3 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Can't Pro choice choose life?

57 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Can't Pro choice choose life?

Of course. The point of discord is some only see one choice. To folks like you and me, it's a personal decision. Unfortunately, there are those who wish to take that decision away from people. 

2 hours ago, jtowne-swim said:

We don’t ask the British Royal family to take a DNA test. They rely on the same folklore.

I'm pretty sure the British Royal family has extensive written verification for more than the generations the Senator is claiming makes her Native American

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Guido2 said:

The term 'hillbilly' though derogative and demeaning (much like Caucasoid used by some) is OKEE DOKEE....because it dings white folk.

Didn't you get the memo... it was 'Re: two sets of rules.' :lol:

9 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Like the Star Trek series....'the phantom bullets' ....can't hurt you...unless you acknowledge they maybe real.

You can't maintain the same position for five posts! Are you offended by the term, or is it just a phantom? :D

Bonus question: is there a difference between mocking people for what they believe, and mocking them for what they are (and have no control over)?

Edited by Evil Yoda

13 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Not when you consider that women are likely to have abortions whether they are legal or not. By forcing them into illegal abortions, their health and lives are endangered.

So while the anti-choice crowd wrap themselves in the self-righteousness cloak of "life", they are really more on the side of death, and of disability.

17 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Not when you consider that women are likely to have abortions whether they are legal or not. By forcing them into illegal abortions, their health and lives are endangered.

So while the anti-choice crowd wrap themselves in the self-righteousness cloak of "life", they are really more on the side of death, and of disability.

No one gets forced to have an abortion, hst2, legal or illegal.  I know truth can be inconvenient for you, but you have to deal with that inconvenience once in a while.

32 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

No one gets forced to have an abortion, hst2, legal or illegal.  I know truth can be inconvenient for you, but you have to deal with that inconvenience once in a while.

No one said they are forced.

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

9 minutes ago, hst2 said:

No one said they are forced.

Do you not read the nonsense you post?

26 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Do you not read the nonsense you post?

Yes, by eliminating legal abortions, their only option is illegal ones.

Seems like a no- brainer.

6 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Yes, by eliminating legal abortions, their only option is illegal ones.

Seems like a no- brainer.

Your statement about an illegal abortion being the only option is not true.  There is always the option of carrying the baby to term and putting the child up for adoption.

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Your statement about an illegal abortion being the only option is not true.  There is always the option of carrying the baby to term and putting the child up for adoption.

From the part of my post that you didn't bold - Not when you consider that women are likely to have abortions whether they are legal or not.

It is a fantasy on your part to believe that by making abortions illegal, women will stop having them. In fact, there are more abortions in nations where it is illegal than where it is legal.

Edited by hst2

8 minutes ago, hst2 said:

From the part of my post that you didn't bold - Not when you consider that women are likely to have abortions whether they are legal or not.

It is a fantasy on your part to believe that by making abortions illegal, women will stop having them. In fact, there are more abortions in nations where it is illegal than where it is legal.

I have no such fantasies, despite your best efforts to assign them to me. The women may be likely to choose to have an illegal abortion, despite the knowledge that it will put them at risk is certainly their option.  I agree that this would be an unfortunate, dangerous choice, but it remains one of two options available to them.

1 minute ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I have no such fantasies, despite your best efforts to assign them to me. The women may be likely to choose to have an illegal abortion, despite the knowledge that it will put them at risk is certainly their option.  I agree that this would be an unfortunate, dangerous choice, but it remains one of two options available to them.

Do you believe abortion should be illegal?

2 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Your side prefers that it be dangerous.

3 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Do you believe abortion should be illegal?

So there will be no doubt about my answer, yes, I believe the choice to end a fetal life should be illegal.  Having said that, there should be a number of actions put in place before that event occurs.  These are offered for consideration, but should not be taken as in a particular order of priority;

we need to find ways to hold the male partner more accountable for the life he has created.

we need better sex education, to include, but not be limited to abstinence.

we need better access to brith control.

we need better adoption procedures that limit costs to adopt, limit the parental costs of education and health care, provide incentives to adopt older kids.

we need to make the screening process more efficient and effective.

we need return to funding orphanages that provide care for those lives created and abandoned.  If the state is interested in protecting the unborn, the state needs to put its money in protecting those who are born.

we need to find ways to hold both partners responsible for the costs of an abortion, and particularly for those males who father multiple children.

Just now, hst2 said:

Your side prefers that it be dangerous.

I will, in the interest of discussion, call this an error as opposed to a deliberate untruth.  My “side” would prefer that they not occur at all.

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, jtowne-swim said:

Well swim.... I think the birth/marrage certificates and history books are just a bit more than 'folklore'. 

Edited by Guido2

4 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

So there will be no doubt about my answer, yes, I believe the choice to end a fetal life should be illegal.  

we need to find ways to hold both partners responsible for the costs of an abortion, and particularly for those males who father multiple children.

Those two statements seem out of place to me. 

What about a scenario where carrying the fetus to term will put the life of the mother at risk? Tough break Mom?

16 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

What about a scenario where carrying the fetus to term will put the life of the mother at risk? Tough break Mom?

I think when the mother’s life is at risk, she should have the option.  

I think there should be an option where rape has occurred and an actual report has been filed with local law enforcement. 

In the first scenario, the loss of life decision should be in the hands of the person who holds those lives.  In the second scenario, the mother did not choose to be n this position and as such, should have the right to be made whole.

I do understand that the decision to have an abortion must be difficult.  Some women struggle with this decision up to the time of the procedure and undoubtedly after, potentially for the rest of their lives.  We have however, made this an unconditional right, at least to an arbitrary setting of 20 weeks, and an abortion decision can be arrived at for any reason. 

45 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

So there will be no doubt about my answer, yes, I believe the choice to end a fetal life should be illegal.  Having said that, there should be a number of actions put in place before that event occurs.  These are offered for consideration, but should not be taken as in a particular order of priority;

we need to find ways to hold the male partner more accountable for the life he has created.

we need better sex education, to include, but not be limited to abstinence.

we need better access to brith control.

we need better adoption procedures that limit costs to adopt, limit the parental costs of education and health care, provide incentives to adopt older kids.

we need to make the screening process more efficient and effective.

we need return to funding orphanages that provide care for those lives created and abandoned.  If the state is interested in protecting the unborn, the state needs to put its money in protecting those who are born.

I will, in the interest of discussion, call this an error as opposed to a deliberate untruth.  My “side” would prefer that they not occur at all.

You keep dodging, but the fact is, women choose to have abortions. Your side prefers that they be dangerous.

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

You keep dodging, but the fact is, women choose to have abortions. Your side prefers that they be dangerous.

I don’t know about “my side”, but I know you keep lying about my position.

46 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

To me those statements as they stand sound in direct conflict with each other. 

9 minutes ago, hst2 said:

As a deterrent.

Similar in many ways to when the death penalty was the norm. Hope I don't have to spell it out. 

When abortion is outlawed, only outlaws will have abortions.