Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

Tennessee Republicans use couple's wedding picture in attack ad

8 posts in this topic

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/37691615/gay-couple-hire-attorney-after-wedding-picture-used-in-political-attack-ad

They're at at again.

What would you think if you saw your wedding picture being used in a political attack ad? That's the spot a local gay couple is finding themselves.  Their wedding was officiated by a candidate for state senate, but the couple says they didn't sign up to be caught in the mudslinging. 

Morgan said that's why he was shocked to see a political attack ad mailer featuring a wedding picture of the couple with Gayle Jordan, who's running for State Senate District 14. Jordan officiated the wedding. The mailer features the picture. Above it, it says, "Liberal Gayle Jordan will 'destroy the fabric of American society.' Take her word for it."  The picture was lifted from Jordan's Facebook page without permission. Both of the men's faces are blurred, but Morgan said their faces can still be recognized.

Yes, Ms. Jordan said she was doing her part to destroy American society.  I guess the Republicans don't have a sense of sarcasm.

BTW Ms. Jordan is an atheist.

14 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Damn, that’s cold.

Yes it is. Whoever produced and approved that ad should be ashamed of themselves. 

They’re going hard after this woman. It’s deep Republican territory and she’s an atheist. I think the Republicans have this one in the bag. I guess they’re taking nothing for granted.

11 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

BTW Ms. Jordan is an atheist.

I would think that admitting to being an atheist would be the kiss of death for a candidate in Tennessee. I imagine that there are lots of non-believers in public office, but who are "in the closet" about it.

Haters gotta hate. It's all they know. 

Well one thing is for sure Trump has made good his promise on transparency.

He has managed to rip off the thin veneer of what we thought we perceived about racism and sexism and gay rights as being sort of straightened out and getting better.

We are finding that if anything....it has been smoldering .....and now due to Trump....has caught fire and exposed 

I don't know which is worse....turning a blind eye...or kicking the rock over and finding maggots. 

I'm fairly sure you need a signed release in order to use someone's likeness for commercial purposes. Seems like there's a lawsuit possible here.