Gertrude

Video of Colin Kaepernick Training Shows He Hasn't Lost a Step

45 posts in this topic

Canadian Football league opening day is June 14.  

He was blackballed plain and simple.

Kaepernick is better than half the QB's who just got hefty paydays.

8 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

He was blackballed plain and simple.

Kaepernick is better than half the QB's who just got hefty paydays.

Actions have consequences. 

8 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Actions have consequences. 

To be fair an NFL player can still beat their girlfriends/wives & get in skirmishes with the law as long as there is no video footage and are usually only suspended for drug violations. But take a knee and ... :D

14 minutes ago, NCBirdfan said:

To be fair an NFL player can still beat their girlfriends/wives & get in skirmishes with the law as long as there is no video footage and are usually only suspended for drug violations. But take a knee and ... :D

Hey I’m not saying it’s fair. Just that it is what it is. 

What the heck else does he have to do, he’s got all the time in the world. 

On 3/16/2018 at 8:41 AM, bmore_ken said:

Give it up dude. It’s not happening. 

I didn’t write the article. I hope he gets another shot. 

Oh well, I heard they play football in Canada ......

13 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Oh well, I heard they play football in Canada ......

He is too good for Canada!

21 hours ago, Gertrude said:

I didn’t write the article. I hope he gets another shot. 

He's not getting a shot. Miami pulled Jay Cutler out of retirement last year over him. And you created the thread for the obvious reason.

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

He's not getting a shot. Miami pulled Jay Cutler out of retirement last year over him. And you created the thread for the obvious reason.

Bmore, this is one of many articles accessible online. I think I read that he no longer plans to kneel during the Anthem. He is making concessions. The teams aren’t even will to meet him 10% of the way. It’s not like he raped a child. He just knelt. 

I actually think the shine was pretty much gone from that apple even before the kneeling thing. If it wasn't for the racism angle his name probably would not even come up. If he wants to play ball, Canada is his best bet.

17 minutes ago, Steveg85321 said:

I actually think the shine was pretty much gone from that apple even before the kneeling thing. If it wasn't for the racism angle his name probably would not even come up. If he wants to play ball, Canada is his best bet.

Yeah, people tend to forget he lost his starting QB job to Blaine Gabbert even before he started kneeling during the anthem.  He competed with Gabbert for the starting job the next year, losing out to Gabbert again.  He eventually became the starter again, but how good is he really when the 49ers thought that Blaine Gabbert gave them a better chance to win.  

Many liberal white men writing for sports publications are obsessed over this backup QB.  In fact, it’s almost certain that many of these weinies will vote for his Hall of Fame induction one day. They advocate for him on an almost daily basis. I agree above Kaepernick going north. He might have the skill set to be successful up there. But even if he does moderately good in Canada, these American “journalists” will be equate CFL success with NFL success. 

On 3/19/2018 at 10:26 PM, Manny said:

Many liberal white men writing for sports publications are obsessed over this backup QB.  In fact, it’s almost certain that many of these weinies will vote for his Hall of Fame induction one day. They advocate for him on an almost daily basis. I agree above Kaepernick going north. He might have the skill set to be successful up there. But even if he does moderately good in Canada, these American “journalists” will be equate CFL success with NFL success. 

Did it ever occur to you that they know quite a bit about the sports they cover? Many of these reporters are experts. They insist he’s better than a high percentage of quarterbacks out there.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, NCBirdfan said:

Johnny Manziel is in a similar situation. I imagine he still has talent, but the baggage is way too much.

Except Johnny Manziel sucks. In the CFL he would be good.

5 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Did it ever occur to you that they know quite a bit about the sports they cover? Many of these reporters are experts. They insist he’s better than a high percentage of quarterbacks out there.

Analysts who look at the game know quite a bit about it.  They make projections every year and while they always miss a few, contrary to popular opinion they get more right than they do wrong.  Sports journalists not so much.  These same sports journalists said Philadelphia was finished and probably wouldn't win a game in the playoffs after Carson Wentz went down.  Kapaernick is not better than most of the starters out there.  He lost his starting job twice in SF even before all of the controversy started.  He's probably better than some of the low end QBs, but his public image baggage doesn't make it worth the trouble for any of those teams to bring him in.  He has nobody but himself to blame.  He brought it all on himself.  

Posted (edited)

CK is definitely better than Blaine Gabbert, who Kaep was benched for, and who just signed with the Titans.

Edited by Pickle20

2 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

CK is definitely better than Blaine Gabbert, who Kaep was benched for, and who just signed with the Titans.

Whether or not he has NFL talent is truly irrelevant at this point. No team wants the headache. 

2 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Would Ravens revisit Colin Kaepernick as a backup QB option? Maybe they can mutually agree that Colin Kaepernick drop his collusion case in exchange for a spot on the team.

I wonder how long these weasels in the media will keep advocating for this backup quarterback? We can count on you to remind us.

4 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Keep hope alive :D

Is he better than Griffin?