Gertrude

Video of Colin Kaepernick Training Shows He Hasn't Lost a Step

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gertrude said:

Is he better than Griffin? 

They both suck....

9 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

They both suck....

I am sorry, but his numbers say Kaepernick is a great quarterback. Even people who think he’s too much of a headache will agree that he is good enough to be on most teams. 

Just now, Gertrude said:

I am sorry, but his numbers say Kaepernick is a great quarterback. Even people who think he’s too much of a headache will agree that he is good enough to be on most teams. 

Lol ok bud....

11 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

They both suck....

You beat me to it. 

No they don't. He lost his job to a back up, that says he's not a great qb. 

2 hours ago, Gertrude said:

I'm sorry, but he lost his starting job to Blaine Gabbert BEFORE his antics with the anthem.

23 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

No they don't. He lost his job to a back up, that says he's not a great qb. 

Just now, alienrace said:

I'm sorry, but he lost his starting job to Blaine Gabbert BEFORE his antics with the anthem.

Whoops, just saw that you already stated it :)

Just for emphasis though, I added that it was Blaine Gabbert, of all people.

Its pretty clear it's a parody poster at this point .....

5 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Its pretty clear it's a parody poster at this point .....

No doubt

Adam Schefter of ESPN reported on Thursday that the Seahawks postponed -- and maybe cancelled -- a workout with Kaepernick after he declined to give them an answer on his anthem plans in 2018.

"This is an interesting story on a lot of different levels. The Seahawks had planned for Colin Kaepernick to work out for them earlier this week. And at the last moment that trip was postponed, because a conversation occurred where they wanted to know what he was going to be doing on the field this year before and during the national anthem," Schefter said on NFL Live. "And I don't think he was willing to give them an answer to commit one way or another. And with that hanging out there, the Seahawks postponed that trip. Some might say cancelled it. Depends on how you look at it. But it's a situation here where Colin Kaepernick was going to come in there and work out there and now he's not."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-seahawks-postpone-colin-kaepernick-visit-qb-declined-to-stop-anthem-kneeling/

Apparently the guy isn't even willing to help his own situation out.  

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Apparently the guy isn't even willing to help his own situation out.  

Then the Seahawks signed Stephen Morris after Redskins released him.

Edited by stevez51
wrong team

The liberal white men who pen articles like this also deny the connection to declining attendance. Much to the chagrin of liberals, Americans are not as supportive of this distasteful display as them. The fake news world convinced the NFL that the fan reactions to the protests were generally positive.

So what?  The NFL is and has always been a league very concerned with it's image.  If the fans had stood and given the players who chose to kneel a standing ovation the NFL would have embraced it and promoted it.  But they didn't.  They made their own judgement no matter what some sportswriters think.  Enough fans did not like it that it affected both attendance and ratings at least to a small degree.  And that eats into revenue.  The owners looked to Roger Goodell to ban this practice, but they got nothing.  Some are now entertaining that idea on a franchise by franchise basis.  Any employer has the right to require it's employees to follow certain rules.  There are many ways to get the message that the players are voicing out, not just kneeling during an anthem.  Why die on that hill when it doesn't need to be done that way?  As pointed out, it's not just Kap, Eric Reid is having the same problem.  There are very few jobs that pay the money of a professional athlete.  Perhaps these guys should simply find another way to raise the social conscious of America than by doing something controversial enough to risk offending some of the public which enables them to make the money that they do.  The men and women who own NFL teams likely don't care one bit about this protest.  What they do care about is what the fans think.  And the fans don't give a crap about any sportswriter commentaries.  

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, cprenegade said:

So what?  The NFL is and has always been a league very concerned with it's image.  If the fans had stood and given the players who chose to kneel a standing ovation the NFL would have embraced it and promoted it.  But they didn't.  They made their own judgement no matter what some sportswriters think.  Enough fans did not like it that it affected both attendance and ratings at least to a small degree.  And that eats into revenue.  The owners looked to Roger Goodell to ban this practice, but they got nothing.  Some are now entertaining that idea on a franchise by franchise basis.  Any employer has the right to require it's employees to follow certain rules.  There are many ways to get the message that the players are voicing out, not just kneeling during an anthem.  Why die on that hill when it doesn't need to be done that way?  As pointed out, it's not just Kap, Eric Reid is having the same problem.  There are very few jobs that pay the money of a professional athlete.  Perhaps these guys should simply find another way to raise the social conscious of America than by doing something controversial enough to risk offending some of the public which enables them to make the money that they do.  The men and women who own NFL teams likely don't care one bit about this protest.  What they do care about is what the fans think.  And the fans don't give a crap about any sportswriter commentaries.  

These sports writers are dangerously obsessed with Kaepernick.I never seen such advocacy journalism in sports. And their rhetoric is getting increasingly hostile towards those who want nothing to do with this backup quarterback.

Edited by Manny

In his acceptance speech for the Ambassador of Conscience Award at the Amnesty International ceremony in Amsterdam on Saturday, former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick described police killings of African Americans and Latinos in the U.S. as "lawful lynchings." 

"Racialized oppression and dehumanization is woven into the very fabric of our nation," Kaepernick said in his speech. "The effects of which can be seen in the lawful lynching of black and brown people by the police, and the mass incarceration of black and brown lives in the prison industrial complex.

"How can you stand for the national anthem of a nation that preaches and propagates, 'freedom and justice for all,' that is so unjust to so many of the people living there?"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/04/21/colin-kaepernick-police-killings-protest/539240002/

I'm thinking that if there was any chance of him getting another look, this may have put the nail in that coffin.  At one time he indicated he was not going to kneel for the anthem anymore.  This seems to contradict that.  As I said in an above post, he simply does not seem to want to help his own case.  He is certainly entitled to his feelings and to share them, but don't complain that teams are unfairly not giving you a job when you are continually making it more difficult for them to justify it with their fan base.  

He is a lost soul with a racist girlfriend being a primary influence.  I think he's got some guilt issues as well being raised by white parents and leading quite a privileged life.

He has every right to do what he is doing but it seems he thinks teams do not have the right to not sign him because of what he is doing so he is suing them. I don’t see how he can win his lawsuit. If I’m a team owner and I don’t like him so I don’t want him on my team, he is saying I have to have him on my team? I don’t get that.