Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EL-FLIPPO

Why I Ditched Google Search Engine For Bing

10 posts in this topic

Since I opted to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to protect my privacy when I surf The Internet, I have been subjected to frequently solving annoying captchas to prove to Google that I am human - not a machine before I can view my search results.

Well last night, I had enough. I switched my default search engine on Firefox to Bing. Not only have I eliminated those captcha roadblocks, web pages are loading faster because Google's various components are no longer analyzing my page views.

To get an idea of what I mean, keep an eye on the lower left-hand portion of your screen as your web page loads when you visit a different web site. Note how often you see "google" - even though you weren't even thinking about Google beforehand.

I'm a happy camper again...no thanks to Google - Big Brother of The Internet. B)

Got Bing on my IE but I don't think IE is keeping up anymore with what some sites run, Java and whatnot, it takes Forever sometimes to load a page. Still on W7Pro so I'm not using the Edge browser. I use Firefox more and more but don't think I specified any Search Engine. I just type stuff in the address bar and it shows me several choices there.

I'm Apple and I use either Safari or Tor with duckduckgo

On 3/19/2018 at 7:23 AM, EL-FLIPPO said:

Since I opted to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to protect my privacy when I surf The Internet, I have been subjected to frequently solving annoying captchas to prove to Google that I am human - not a machine before I can view my search results.

Well last night, I had enough. I switched my default search engine on Firefox to Bing. Not only have I eliminated those captcha roadblocks, web pages are loading faster because Google's various components are no longer analyzing my page views.

To get an idea of what I mean, keep an eye on the lower left-hand portion of your screen as your web page loads when you visit a different web site. Note how often you see "google" - even though you weren't even thinking about Google beforehand.

I'm a happy camper again...no thanks to Google - Big Brother of The Internet. B)

I use a VPN and I don't have that problem with google search. 

On 3/19/2018 at 8:15 PM, Bartman said:

Got Bing on my IE but I don't think IE is keeping up anymore with what some sites run, Java and whatnot, it takes Forever sometimes to load a page. Still on W7Pro so I'm not using the Edge browser. I use Firefox more and more but don't think I specified any Search Engine. I just type stuff in the address bar and it shows me several choices there.

It's defaulting to whatever search engine is in your settings.

20 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

It's defaulting to whatever search engine is in your settings.

OK then, it's showing Bing there too in the settings

Posted (edited)

On 3/23/2018 at 10:31 AM, bmore_ken said:

I use a VPN and I don't have that problem with google search. 

I use Avast SecureLine. What VPN do you use?

Google's reason for requiring me to solve captchas is that they've detected "unusual activity" from my faux IP Address.

Not only am I a "power user", but I am also a P2P user...as I suspect are other subscribers to this network that randomly get assigned the same IP Address from time to time.

Ordinarily Cloudflare resolves most IP issues for web hosts who use it, but I do encounter captchas on RARBG when I use faux IP Addresses located in the U.S.

P.S. - After reading boink's comment here, I am currently trying the DuckDuckGo search engine out for size. Their commitment to user privacy impressed me. "No tracking, no ad targeting, just searching".

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

3 hours ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

I use Avast SecureLine. What VPN do you use?

Google's reason for requiring me to solve captchas is that they've detected "unusual activity" from my faux IP Address.

Not only am I a "power user", but I am also a P2P user...as I suspect are other subscribers to this network that randomly get assigned the same IP Address from time to time.

Ordinarily Cloudflare resolves most IP issues for web hosts who use it, but I do encounter captchas on RARBG when I use faux IP Addresses located in the U.S.

P.S. - After reading boink's comment here, I am currently trying the DuckDuckGo search engine out for size. Their commitment to user privacy impressed me. "No tracking, no ad targeting, just searching".

I use private internet access. $40.00 per year.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

I'm a p2p user also. 

Posted (edited)

There is an "anti haching tool.bat" out there that just appeared on my monitor screen one day. If I click on it some web address' flash by as if they are being cleaned from me memory core.

Anyone heard of this tool before?

Edited by tooldtocare

On 3/25/2018 at 7:18 PM, tooldtocare said:

There is an "anti haching tool.bat" out there that just appeared on my monitor screen one day. If I click on it some web address' flash by as if they are being cleaned from me memory core.

Anyone heard of this tool before?

Sounds like malware to me.