Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

Balt. County residents concerned over over rise in crime

68 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

I wonder if Baltimore County is going to end up like PG County.

Check school enrollment.

Demography happens!!!

1 minute ago, retired said:

Check school enrollment.

Demography happens!!!

Good news for developers in Carroll Co. and PA.  

Section 8 benefits politicians like Kamenetz and landlords who don't give a damn about the places they own in neighborhoods where they don't live. 

I doubt that those 6,000 residents who moved out of Baltimore last year moved very far across the city line.  

The proof is that nobody in there right mind looks at Section 8 as a motivation to move to an area that has a lot of it and live among it.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Section 8 benefits politicians like Kamenetz and landlords who don't give a damn about the places they own in neighborhoods where they don't live. 

I doubt that those 6,000 residents who moved out of Baltimore last year moved very far across the city line.  

The proof is that nobody in there right mind looks at Section 8 as a motivation to move to an area that has a lot of it and live among it.

Columbia, MD has a lot of section 8.  Plenty of people still living and moving there. 

I get it, though. I’m not a big fan of S8 myself because of the reasons stated. In a perfect world it’s a good idea...but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

I think the answer is making the areas S8 folks move from more desirable so they they don’t need or want to leave. But that’s going to take a miracle in many cases here in Baltimore. But hey, it’s happened elsewhere.

and the difference between PG Co and Baltimore Co is that PG took all the people who were moved so that DC could be gentrified. So here we don’t even get the benefit of a thriving, safe city to visit despite the suburbs suffering for it. 

Edited by Pickle20

12 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Guido loves to bag on the crime, but if 

That’s one example. 

I am only one person.....wait....I'll do a survey of both my black and white neighbors...will that work? :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Columbia, MD has a lot of section 8.  Plenty of people still living and moving there. 

I get it, though. I’m not a big fan of S8 myself because of the reasons stated. In a perfect world it’s a good idea...but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

I think the answer is making the areas S8 folks move from more desirable so they they don’t need or want to leave. But that’s going to take a miracle in many cases here in Baltimore. But hey, it’s happened elsewhere.

and the difference between PG Co and Baltimore Co is that PG took all the people who were moved so that DC could be gentrified. So here we don’t even get the benefit of a thriving, safe city to visit despite the suburbs suffering for it. 

Glad you acknowledged it. 

8 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Well I am sure HST is looking for such a place. :rolleyes:

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, bmore_ken said:

He only sees one factor.

Seems more than myself see....that one factor. 

BTW ken....you moved from the city.....why.....you are buying property in Del....why? 

This is where you claim better taxes. :rolleyes:

Baltimore County frankly owes it to poor residents to allow more subsidized, and low income housing as they are still operating under the discriminatory policies of former County Executive Dale Anderson in the early 1970's who refused to build or allow housing for the poor in the county. It was a blatantly racist attempt to keep the county white and the city black.  It is past time for justice, and the HUD decree of 6000 vouchers is a drop in the bucket of what is owed. 

2 hours ago, sparky1 said:

Baltimore County frankly owes it to poor residents to allow more subsidized, and low income housing as they are still operating under the discriminatory policies of former County Executive Dale Anderson in the early 1970's who refused to build or allow housing for the poor in the county. It was a blatantly racist attempt to keep the county white and the city black.  It is past time for justice, and the HUD decree of 6000 vouchers is a drop in the bucket of what is owed. 

See sparky1 ....this is the type of comment that gets people ticked. OWED?

No one is OWED anything in the real world. 

Maybe what some people aught to do is put down the Cheetos, get a skill set and stop randomly producing babies. AND WORK....like people have for centuries both white and black....to GET SOMETHING.

But hey why work, stay dumb, make babies and you too can own a home and not lift a finger. 

Guido, no one may be owed anything, but some are given plenty, and they don't even have to ask.

Please do not resort to stereotyping. 

40 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

Guido, no one may be owed anything, but some are given plenty, and they don't even have to ask.

You must not know who you’re talking to  :lol:

32 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

You must not know who you’re talking to  :lol:

I am playing the long game. 

5 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

I am playing the long game. 

Then dress comfortably, get a big bowl of popcorn and a large drink. 

We’ll check back on you this evening...if you’re still coherent. 

Posted (edited)

I'm not. Maybe get better trained police? Some who have a clue. Balto. County Police are generally not likable because they don't have good people skills or experience.

They don't have a clue what they're doing from my experience in dealing with them. For decades, they didn't have to. So now that it's time to step up, they don't know how. TRUTH.

Edited by LadyHollman

3 hours ago, sparky1 said:

Yes you are correct.....as demonstrated with the drive to your front door job placement buses. :lol:

No one is stereotyping anything. Everything I said was pinpointed at a select percentage of the general populations of Baltimore.

I mean it isn't like saying 'All white men can't jump' :lol:

1 hour ago, LadyHollman said:

I'm not. Maybe get better trained police? Some who have a clue. Balto. County Police are generally not likable because they don't have good people skills or experience.

They don't have a clue what they're doing from my experience in dealing with them. For decades, they didn't have to. So now that it's time to step up, they don't know how. TRUTH.

Funny my experience AKA opinion is just the opposite of your opinion. 

7 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Funny my experience AKA opinion is just the opposite of your opinion. 

Yeah, we all have different experiences. I think they simply need some additional training. Most seem quite young which is something that happens with the retirement of the most experienced.