Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cowboyz

What is Community Reputation?

23 posts in this topic

And how do you get points?  I just noticed this on my profile. What is this a popularity contest? Lol..

Just wondering. 

2 hours ago, Cowboyz said:

And how do you get points?  I just noticed this on my profile. What is this a popularity contest? Lol..

Just wondering. 

It’s a terrible thing that’s never coming back...like disco. Yes, it was exactly that, a popularity contest. 

22 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

It’s a terrible thing that’s never coming back...like disco. Yes, it was exactly that, a popularity contest. 

LOL... I like some disco sometimes!  We were listening to it by the firepit Saturday night... LOL... too much wine I guess!! 

Is it gone?  It's showing on my profile. 

1 minute ago, Cowboyz said:

LOL... I like some disco sometimes!  We were listening to it by the firepit Saturday night... LOL... too much wine I guess!! 

Is it gone?  It's showing on my profile. 

It shows, but voting isn’t possible. It’s for the best. 

Just now, PinkFlamingo said:

It shows, but voting isn’t possible. It’s for the best. 

Sounds like it!! 

Are you talking about the old chiclets?

2 hours ago, zenwalk said:

Are you talking about the old chiclets?

There something on my Profile that says "Community Reputation".  I'm not sure what chiclets are. 

Posted (edited)

They were like likes or dislikes on social media only they piled up under your avatar for public view. Get enough dislikes and you had scads of red showing.  It was annoying like warning points. I don't think community rep is that because I have over half a million and I am certainly not terribly popular around here.  I think when they updated to this present look the sun forum techs never activated all the functions of the program and the reputation is actually an old number of posts you've racked up.  Norman seems to know about stuff like this.   I don't even own a smartphone.

Edited by zenwalk

On 3/21/2018 at 7:38 PM, zenwalk said:

They were like likes or dislikes on social media only they piled up under your avatar for public view. Get enough dislikes and you had scads of red showing.  It was annoying like warning points. I don't think community rep is that because I have over half a million and I am certainly not terribly popular around here.  I think when they updated to this present look the sun forum techs never activated all the functions of the program and the reputation is actually an old number of posts you've racked up.  Norman seems to know about stuff like this.   I don't even own a smartphone.

Gotcha, thanks! 

Lol.... my sister doesn't have a smart phone either and I give her a hard time all the time! It drives me crazy.  :D

On 3/21/2018 at 0:32 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

Was that the old chicklets?

On 3/21/2018 at 7:38 PM, zenwalk said:

The annoying part about the chiclets was if you got enough red your posting got limited and a dislike from some people was not the same as a dislike from others. I found this out by suggesting Peter Angelos was an idiot and got aggressive red chiclets and I couldn’t post for a day!

14 hours ago, jtowne-swim said:

The annoying part about the chiclets was if you got enough red your posting got limited and a dislike from some people was not the same as a dislike from others. I found this out by suggesting Peter Angelos was an idiot and got aggressive red chiclets and I couldn’t post for a day!

I didn't know that. I got a few. The thread I got the most red on was about that Australian guy who would go out into the jungle and wrestle the wildlife. When he was eventually killed by a sting ray I started a thread congratulating mother nature. My god. You'd have thought I was peeing on Princess Di's grave. 

I used to get them every time I posted that I was against unrestricted conceal carry. Good times with Notagunnut and Ravenchamp :D

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

I used to get them every time I posted that I was against unrestricted conceal carry. Good times with Notagunnut and Ravenchamp :D

Without RC’s weather reports I haven’t known when to take an umbrella, I’ve been wearing sandals on cold days...life has been so difficult! ;):P

On 3/30/2018 at 2:31 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

Without RC’s weather reports I haven’t known when to take an umbrella, I’ve been wearing sandals on cold days...life has been so difficult! ;):P

LOL... he used to give us updates on SSL also! I've been so lost without his updates! :)

24 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

LOL... he used to give us updates on SSL also! I've been so lost without his updates! :)

Whatever happened to him?  Are people still posting over on that SSL?  Someone posted a link over on Locals and it looks like it isn't even moderated. 

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Whatever happened to him?  Are people still posting over on that SSL?  Someone posted a link over on Locals and it looks like it isn't even moderated. 

I heard some rumors about RC but I'm not sure if they are true so I'll leave that alone. 

I haven't been to SSL in a while, it just kept dwindling away. The same few posters were on there and it was the same old thing over and over.  I'm not sure about a moderator, I know it was Evil Yoda for a long time. I hadn't seen him post there in quite a while though. 

On 3/29/2018 at 9:38 PM, jtowne-swim said:

:lol:

I don't think that will happen these days.

1 hour ago, Cowboyz said:

I heard some rumors about RC but I'm not sure if they are true so I'll leave that alone. 

I haven't been to SSL in a while, it just kept dwindling away. The same few posters were on there and it was the same old thing over and over.  I'm not sure about a moderator, I know it was Evil Yoda for a long time. I hadn't seen him post there in quite a while though. 

Was he really a meteorologist?  Seems like a lot of the local stations, at least around here, have a few regular meteorologists while others move on to stations in other states.  That's what happened to Chelsea Ingram.  She's now doing the weather up in PA.

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Was he really a meteorologist?  Seems like a lot of the local stations, at least around here, have a few regular meteorologists while others move on to stations in other states.  That's what happened to Chelsea Ingram.  She's now doing the weather up in PA.

I don't believe so, I think weather was just a passion of his.  If memory serves correct, I think he owned a cleaning company but I could have him mixed up with someone else. 

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

You can check his credentials here

2 hours ago, Norman said:

You can check his credentials here

Not getting what that has to do with being an accredited meteorologist.  The link you provided was Maryland's Judicial Case Search.

7 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

He wasn't a meteorologist and he wasn't an engineer .....

He cut and pasted weather reports and was pretty clueless beyond that ..... 

The only thing he knew about math and science was that it was hard and he couldn't pass it .....

He couldn't spell calculus.....