Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KSweeley

Caesars Entertainment making major investment in Baltimore to create entertainment district.

67 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Now you dun it.

The defenders of Baltimore should be raining down on you any second! 😉

Challenge accepted!

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Atlantic-City-New-Jersey.html

If one is going strictly to gamble, I doubt someone is going to find much trouble in either AC or Baltimore. The Horseshoe Casino is located right off the highway in an industrial area. There's even a skywalk from the parking garage! The boardwalk in AC is segregated from the worst areas in AC.

If you want trouble, you'll find it in either location. The trouble in AC is closer to the casinos than in Baltimore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Challenge accepted!

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Atlantic-City-New-Jersey.html

If one is going strictly to gamble, I doubt someone is going to find much trouble in either AC or Baltimore. The Horseshoe Casino is located right off the highway in an industrial area. There's even a skywalk from the parking garage! The boardwalk in AC is segregated from the worst areas in AC.

If you want trouble, you'll find it in either location. The trouble in AC is closer to the casinos than in Baltimore.

Wasn't a challenge. Just a rock solid prediction.....like the sun rising in the east. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Wasn't a challenge. Just a rock solid prediction.....like the sun rising in the east. :D

Kind of like your rambling, incoherent posts. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pickle20 said:

Kind of like your rambling, incoherent posts. :D

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When MD 1st OK'd the Casinos my hope was that someone would build a 1st class Resort somewhere on the bay shores complete with it's own hotel, maybe something on the order of Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. Well that didn't happen. I think the 1st one open was Hollywood which I checked out one weekend when my power went out and I had nothing better to do. Nice enough but really Small. No lodging there either. Then I drove down to Live once to show a gal who'd never been what a Real Casino looked like. Suffice it to say I haven't been back there since that one trip. I understand they're building a Hotel there now. My main Gripe is that it's my understanding that in MD the Slots are run on the MD State Lottery system and they Aren't real RNG slots. I noticed right away that the Jackpots like on the Wheel of Fortune machines and many others were Paltry. Even Video Poker is on the system as far as I know so it's the same as the slots and DOES NOT emulate the deal of a true deck of cards as other states require. You'll have to look up the whole thing about Real RNG Slots & VP vs Lottery Controlled machines. I'm not going to explain the whole difference here. I've yet to set foot in Horseshoe and likely never will and MGM is too far to drive esp. around the DC beltway traffic for a day trip. As always my thing is to go Away & Stay & Play. I have no desire to go and gamble any given day or night and come right back home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bartman said:

When MD 1st OK'd the Casinos my hope was that someone would build a 1st class Resort somewhere on the bay shores complete with it's own hotel, maybe something on the order of Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. Well that didn't happen. I think the 1st one open was Hollywood which I checked out one weekend when my power went out and I had nothing better to do. Nice enough but really Small. No lodging there either. Then I drove down to Live once to show a gal who'd never been what a Real Casino looked like. Suffice it to say I haven't been back there since that one trip. I understand they're building a Hotel there now. My main Gripe is that it's my understanding that in MD the Slots are run on the MD State Lottery system and they Aren't real RNG slots. I noticed right away that the Jackpots like on the Wheel of Fortune machines and many others were Paltry. Even Video Poker is on the system as far as I know so it's the same as the slots and DOES NOT emulate the deal of a true deck of cards as other states require. You'll have to look up the whole thing about Real RNG Slots & VP vs Lottery Controlled machines. I'm not going to explain the whole difference here. I've yet to set foot in Horseshoe and likely never will and MGM is too far to drive esp. around the DC beltway traffic for a day trip. As always my thing is to go Away & Stay & Play. I have no desire to go and gamble any given day or night and come right back home.

Thanks for posting sunshine ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 10:10 PM, Bartman said:

I have yet to set foot in Horseshoe and likely never will. My LV trips and now, I'm typing this on my laptop here in AC at Harrah's, are the Only times I Gamble. For me it's always been about getting Away to Stay & Play. I have no desire to drive to a Casino to play then come right back home. To me that's like getting Drunk sitting on the couch watching TV. What's the Point?

I only now got into casinos. I go to Maryland Live and you are correct it is more about the getaway than the gambling. 

This entertainment district will more likely be for tourists and those who like to gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 10:07 AM, Pickle20 said:

Challenge accepted!

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Atlantic-City-New-Jersey.html

If one is going strictly to gamble, I doubt someone is going to find much trouble in either AC or Baltimore. The Horseshoe Casino is located right off the highway in an industrial area. There's even a skywalk from the parking garage! The boardwalk in AC is segregated from the worst areas in AC.

If you want trouble, you'll find it in either location. The trouble in AC is closer to the casinos than in Baltimore.

I'll choose AC. Don't care visiting Baltimore anymore. I don't miss the place and traffic. Anyway I live out here in Delaware so I'd choose Harrington over the Maryland casinos and AC any day. Easy access to get there with less traffic.Really I don't care because I only go to the casino maybe three times a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

I only now got into casinos. I go to Maryland Live and you are correct it is more about the getaway than the gambling. 

This entertainment district will more likely be for tourists and those who like to gamble.

MD would need to change the law on how the take is set up.to allow gamblers more winnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some Fun! Live Stream from Brian Christopher a Slots YouTuber with a bunch of Fans at Seneca Niagra just last week. Skip the whole thing to the 1hr11min mark and pick up on the play on a $25 (2 credits so it's $50/spin) Wheel of Fortune machine and see what happens!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 10:14 AM, Guido2 said:

Wasn't a challenge. Just a rock solid prediction.....like the sun rising in the east. :D

Notice how Pickle hit you with documented facts though,  disproving the statement made and you're making it all about him? You should try that once in awhile.

Edited by bmore_ken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:54 AM, stevez51 said:

MD would need to change the law on how the take is set up.to allow gamblers more winnings.

I used to look at the MD State Lottery website long ago when this first started and you could see their ""Payback Percentages" for the year and at one time they Boasted that they returned roughly 60-65 or some Percent of their "Take" as Awarded "Prizes to Players". That is a Lousy percentage no matter how you look at it. Now I can't even find that figure on their site anywhere anymore. As I mentioned elsewhere, the Slots in MD are hooked into their system and are Not true RNG machines. I've seen the Top Jackpots on Games at Hollywood & Live and they're Skimpy. $5000, $10,000 at best, Big Whoop! You will Not see 'Wheel of Fortune" machines and the like that are hooked into the Game Manufacturers WAP (Wide Area Progressive) systems with $250K, $500K and even Million dollar Progressive Jackpots. If you play Slots in MD you are playing essentially Electronic Scratch Off Tickets.

As for Video Poker, you're doing the same thing. In other states (LV & NJ) a VP machine Must emulate the deal of a true deck of cards. Your Bob Dancer strategy guides for Jokers Wild, Double Bonus and the other variations will do you no good here. You're still playing Electronic Scratch-Offs!

The Table Games that they allow are no different than anywhere else as you Can't change the odds on them but the Casinos pay a Hefty Percentage of their Take to the State to have them.

If you subscribe to a magazine like Casino Player and Strictly Slots, in the back you will find tables they get from various states' Gaming Commissions on their slots. It has to be in their Public Records. MD and other states where they run slots on their Lottery systems are NOT included. What they do is look at the total Take vs. Payouts and come up with the "Payback Percentage". Of course the Higher the machine wager, Pennies, Nickels, Quarters, Dollars, the Higher the Payback Percentages. In say LV & AC Penny Slots usually "Payback" 88-89%, Nickels 90-92%, Quarters 91-93% and Dollars as much as 95%. Not that you can play and expect to lose Less but obviously the Higher denominations have Larger Prize amounts when you hit them.

So if MD Slots are only running around 60-65%, well, that's Your choice. Anyone can look this stuff up on the 'net.

Edited by Bartman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bartman said:

I used to look at the MD State Lottery website long ago when this first started and you could see their ""Payback Percentages" for the year and at one time they Boasted that they returned roughly 60-65 or some Percent of their "Take" as Awarded "Prizes to Players". That is a Lousy percentage no matter how you look at it. Now I can't even find that figure on their site anywhere anymore. As I mentioned elsewhere, the Slots in MD are hooked into their system and are Not true RNG machines. I've seen the Top Jackpots on Games at Hollywood & Live and they're Skimpy. $5000, $10,000 at best, Big Whoop! You will Not see 'Wheel of Fortune" machines and the like that are hooked into the Game Manufacturers WAP (Wide Area Progressive) systems with $250K, $500K and even Million dollar Progressive Jackpots. If you play Slots in MD you are playing essentially Electronic Scratch Off Tickets.

As for Video Poker, you're doing the same thing. In other states (LV & NJ) a VP machine Must emulate the deal of a true deck of cards. Your Bob Dancer strategy guides for Jokers Wild, Double Bonus and the other variations will do you no good here. You're still playing Electronic Scratch-Offs!

The Table Games that they allow are no different than anywhere else as you Can't change the odds on them but the Casinos pay a Hefty Percentage of their Take to the State to have them.

If you subscribe to a magazine like Casino Player and Strictly Slots, in the back you will find tables they get from various states' Gaming Commissions on their slots. It has to be in their Public Records. MD and other states where they run slots on their Lottery systems are NOT included. What they do is look at the total Take vs. Payouts and come up with the "Payback Percentage". Of course the Higher the machine wager, Pennies, Nickels, Quarters, Dollars, the Higher the Payback Percentages. In say LV & AC Penny Slots usually "Payback" 88-89%, Nickels 90-92%, Quarters 91-93% and Dollars as much as 95%. Not that you can play and expect to lose Less but obviously the Higher denominations have Larger Prize amounts when you hit them.

So if MD Slots are only running around 60-65%, well, that's Your choice. Anyone can look this stuff up on the 'net.

Thanks for the info. Here I am just thinking I was just having fun. Win some..... lose some.  Didn't know about the percentages and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

Thanks for the info. Here I am just thinking I was just having fun. Win some..... lose some.  Didn't know about the percentages and all that.

From WIKI, see the Last Line I have Underlined!!! Look in Wikipedia for the definition of Slot Machines and the differences between them.

A video lottery terminal or VLT is a gaming machine that allows gamblers to bet on the outcome of a video game.

A VLT is similar to a slot machine, in that each terminal is a stand-alone device containing a random-number generator. Each terminal is connected to a centralized computer system that allows the lottery jurisdiction to monitor game play and collect its share of revenue.

The outcome of each wager on a VLT is random. VLT operators are not able to program the total amount wagered, or payouts, through the central computer system. A minimum percentage payout usually is written into that jurisdiction's law. That percentage is realized not by manipulation of the game, but by adjusting the expected overall payout.

Some lottery devices that appear to be VLTs actually are computerized scratch-off lottery tickets, as the terminal does not contain a random number generator (RNG); the results that are displayed are controlled by the central computer. These devices display results from a fixed pool.

Edited by Bartman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never play slots or video game poker or blackjack.

Strictly table games for me...mostly 3-card poker (with 6 card bonus) and a little Caribbean Stud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 6:18 AM, Pickle20 said:

I never play slots or video game poker or blackjack.

Strictly table games for me...mostly 3-card poker (with 6 card bonus) and a little Caribbean Stud.

My game is Pai-Gow Poker, my Gambling Buddy learned the system and plays Nothing but Pai-Gow Tiles! Frank Legato, a Gaming Guru (American Casino Guide & Golden Touch Craps) made the following point, "The Less Money you put At Risk over Time!" So Pai Gow Poker is very Slow and Tiles are even Slower but learning the Tiles is Much more complicated. Your "Carnival Games" may have a low Initial bet but you often have to post bets on 2 or 3 more levels like "Let it Ride" and it adds up plus they're Fast. I found $15 PG Poker at the GN in AC and with a full table you can play all afternoon on a $200 buy in and not go broke if you have a full table. I'd cash out if I lose 1/2 my stake but one afternoon I turned the $200 buy in to $350 before I quit.

Unfortunately in LV all the $5 PGP tables are Gone now, a few years ago you could play all afternoon Downtown at Binion's on a $100 buy in without losing your shirt. You can still play for $10 mainly off strip, last trip I played mainly at the Orleans and some at Palace Station but on the Strip it's going to be at least $15 or $25.

Blackjack of course is Way too Fast and unless you Count cards, forget it! VP is argueably one of the Most Popular games and there are loads of people who subscribe to guys like Bob Dancer and use Strategy Cards and Memorize them for all the different Varieties of VP. I don't mess with it much myself.

Edited by Bartman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0