Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Is It a Coincidence That Today’s Most Outspoken Black Male Athletes Are Married to Black Women? (Hint: Nah)

59 posts in this topic

Today, however, when you list the black male athletes who are legitimate superstars with immediately recognizable names and faces and millions in endorsements—men such as LeBron James, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade—none of them have hesitated to use their platforms to speak up. And then there are the men like Draymond Green and Michael Bennett, who aren’t quite superstars but are known to be extremely vocal about injustice. And then, of course, there’s Colin Kaepernick.

Of the men I just named, five of them (Bron, Steph, Chris Paul, D. Wade and Michael Bennett) are married, and each of the five is married to a black woman. According to the Googles, Draymond is engaged to a black woman, Kevin Durant, um, was, and Colin Kaepernick’s girlfriend is the radio and television personality Nessa Diab.

Granted, I don’t know the relationship statuses of every prominent black male athlete, but I can’t think of even one today who is both known for being outspoken about racial bias or police brutality and also married to a white woman.

...Now, are these men more active because the black women in their lives are urging them to be? Or did these men choose to marry black women because they were already community-minded? Who knows? It’s truly a chicken-or-egg type of question. I’m just glad that the answer today isn’t “Republicans buy sneakers, too.”

Link

Interesting.

It must be a coincidence that Black actors marry Black actresses, that Hispanic/Asian/German/Slavic/Nordic/Arab actors marry people of their own background; that Jewish actors do the same.

Or not.

What's your point?

You have no point, as usual.

Just your tired old white guilt; it's all you have; which is not very much of anything.

Gee... maybe they are black and are simply more attracted to black women? 

Nah. There must be some whitey racist angle to it all. 

11 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

Gee... maybe they are black and are simply more attracted to black women? 

Nah. There must be some whitey racist angle to it all. 

No doubt that EK will shortly arrive to explain it to us all. 

48 minutes ago, blowboatbethesda said:

Just your tired old white guilt; it's all you have; which is not very much of anything.

Yup

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

Link

Interesting.

What’s interesting about it?

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, hst2 said:

Link

Interesting.

Interesting indeed.

Edited by EgyptKang

It's that these black athletes married to or dating black women are more likely to have their opinions and actions be supported at home. You have empathy for something you experienced.

Men want to protect their own and in these same background relationships these men have a higher probability that their loved ones are also affected by the issues he speaks about. You only care when it happens to you or yours.

Is there something wrong with interracial marriage? :confused:

It's harder to be racially biased if you're married to someone of another race.

2 minutes ago, regularguy said:

Is there something wrong with interracial marriage? :confused:

It's harder to be racially biased if you're married to someone of another race.

Everyone has biases. You can have racial biases yet still be attracted to people of other races. 

I’m in an interracial marriage. Me and my spouse have our own biases based on life experiences but the fact that we’re both open-minded helps overcome those kinds of things. 

15 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Everyone has biases. You can have racial biases yet still be attracted to people of other races. 

I’m in an interracial marriage. Me and my spouse have our own biases based on life experiences but the fact that we’re both open-minded helps overcome those kinds of things. 

White woman or Asian woman?

5 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

White woman or Asian woman?

White 

2 minutes ago, soulflower said:

White 

Ohh ok.  OOPs I also forgot to ask if it was a man that you were married to.  I forgot I can't assume that a man is married to a woman nowadays.

However, you clarified it. Thanks.

I am curious. How did the family accept you?

53 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

Ohh ok.  OOPs I also forgot to ask if it was a man that you were married to.  I forgot I can't assume that a man is married to a woman nowadays.

However, you clarified it. Thanks.

I am curious. How did the family accept you?

I get along just fine with her family

Greatest basketball player of all time Michael Jordan married a white woman. 

So did the greatest golfer Tiger Woods. 

Hall of Famer Charles Barkley (very outspoken I'd say) is also married to a white woman.  Another outspoken athlete, Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman? Check.

Don't forget OJ!

Great outspoken actors Sidney Portier and James Earl Jones, too.  Outspoken rapper Kanye as well.

Outspoken comedian Richard Pryor?  Yep, him too.

Ice-T?  Michael Jackson? Quincy Jones?  All of them got The Prize as well.

8 minutes ago, Ibrihim said:

Greatest basketball player of all time Michael Jordan married a white woman. 

So did the greatest golfer Tiger Woods. 

Hall of Famer Charles Barkley (very outspoken I'd say) is also married to a white woman.  Another outspoken athlete, Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman? Check.

Don't forget OJ!

Great outspoken actors Sidney Portier and James Earl Jones, too.  Outspoken rapper Kanye as well.

Outspoken comedian Richard Pryor?  Yep, him too.

Ice-T?  Michael Jackson? Quincy Jones?  All of them got The Prize as well.

These folks aren't really activists. Portier was, back ion the day.

My nephew is biracial. I'm still trying to figure out how this is interesting. But I grew up in Columbia and even back in when I was a kid this was not very unusual. Black couples, bi racial couples and white couples all living together in relative harmony.

5 minutes ago, com6063 said:

My nephew is biracial. I'm still trying to figure out how this is interesting. But I grew up in Columbia and even back in when I was a kid this was not very unusual. Black couples, bi racial couples and white couples all living together in relative harmony.

That makes two of us. 

3 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

That makes two of us. 

I'll bet one penny on, "A black man married to a white woman can't be an activist because white women are above black men in the cult of intersectionality."   Or some such nonsense.

7 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

That makes two of us. 

One reader comment makes the following point that might help explain this phenomenon::

“There are just some black people who only want to marry outside of their race for status or to have mixed babies..” That’s a truth many of us don’t want to deal with.. the level of self-hatred on the black side of these black/white relationships are being underestimated, in my opinion. The 500 years of white brutality against black humanity makes it almost impossible for love to be blind, in context."

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

What’s interesting about it?

18 minutes ago, Woodbuchr said:

I make 4.

The only thing I can come up with is that HST has been called out so many times......about his way back machine, slavery, the civil war that he realized it was a yawn.'

And he had to come up with a new venue to inject the race card. 

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, soulflower said:

I get along just fine with her family

Any self hatred going on?

A poster once complained that I make progressive thought out to be cartoonish.   To be 100% honest, I am laughing at this.   

14 minutes ago, hst2 said:

One reader comment makes the following point that might help explain this phenomenon::

“There are just some black people who only want to marry outside of their race for status or to have mixed babies..” That’s a truth many of us don’t want to deal with.. the level of self-hatred on the black side of these black/white relationships are being underestimated, in my opinion. The 500 years of white brutality against black humanity makes it almost impossible for love to be blind, in context."

So if a Black man marries a Black woman it is to emphasize social justice, if a Black man marries a White woman it is because of historical White brutality, so if a White man marries a White woman is it because he is racist?

Why with this OP does there always have to be some overt or subliminal racial overtones with everything? Why can't people just marry who they want without all the psychological racial babble?