Thirteen

45 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit

53 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

A great society full of poor and ultra rich.  :rolleyes:

Oh the irony of the old leave the US if you don't like it comment.  Meanwhile, you complain about Baltimore 24/7 yet still live right near it.

Yes ... the US is full of poor and ultra rich....both black and white. 

As far as leaving....I am working on it. I'll be sure to let you know when my home goes on the market. Then you can buy it and live with your section 8 bro's. 

BTW...my taxes pay for the city....your taxes don't pay for the county...assuming you even live in either one. 

2 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Would rather be in a gun battle against a guy with a hand gun or a guy with a machine gun? NIce choice, right?

ken... I think there is a bit more to it than that....but you have a point. 

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

As best  can determine from this article...it sounds like they had NO hard evidence in the first place. The courts just wanted to pin it on somebody. In a fashion very similar to Syed. In cases such as these.....yes I totally agree with the death penalty not being on the table. 

HOWEVER, for cases like the Floida School shootings or the Pressure cooker bomber or the NY pickup truck killer.

No....they need to be put down. When the  evidence is VERY CLEAR and irrefutable...they visit ol sparky or take the intravenous Kool-Aid. IMO.

Death is to merciful!

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

LMAO!!!!!

I wonder if he likes those facts.

I'll contact you too when my home goes on the market. You'll just love it here. Hardly any white people here anymore.

I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Edited by Guido2

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

Yes ... the US is full of poor and ultra rich....both black and white. 

As far as leaving....I am working on it. I'll be sure to let you know when my home goes on the market. Then you can buy it and live with your section 8 bro's. 

BTW...my taxes pay for the city....your taxes don't pay for the county...assuming you even live in either one. 

For the millionth time, I pay taxes to the STATE OF MARYLAND and Baltimore County is in the STATE OF MARYLAND.

49 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

if you had of been a cop for 30 years or so you'd probably be less skeptical

I agree wrongful convictions occur too often and blacks in that situation generally have less resources to prove it, but, still, overall they are  still a tiny number out of all convictions and not impactful on the stats

Ok but when the cops played a role in that wrongful conviction like the Chicago guy they need to be held accountable for all the things this guy had to go through becuase they failed to properly do thier job!

Some people seem really paranoid lately for some reason. 

8 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

A sad story overall, but with an uplifting ending. Kudos to the White Sox.

Nice story.  Still, it's a terrible thing to have a large chunk of a person's life basically taken away from them and find out that they were falsely and wrongly imprisoned for a crime they didn't do.  How can we really make up for something like that?  :( 

1 minute ago, ivanbalt said:

For the millionth time, I pay taxes to the STATE OF MARYLAND and Baltimore County is in the STATE OF MARYLAND.

And do you think....for one second that you are important enough a part of my life to care to remember that or put it into one of my databases.

HAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH

So tell me Ivan....how long ago did you run with your tail between your legs...to the county ....to get away from wonderful Baltimore. Or how many 'cousins' do you have still living there?

No one that has never lived in the city cr not had family there could constantly defend the city as you do. Well no take that back there is ONE reason. 

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Some people seem really paranoid lately for some reason. 

Nice story.  Still, it's a terrible thing to have a large chunk of a person's life basically taken away from them and find out that they were falsely and wrongly imprisoned for a crime they didn't do.  How can we really make up for something like that?  :( 

Nothing can make up for that. That’s the tragedy. 

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

And do you think....for one second that you are important enough a part of my life to care to remember that or put it into one of my databases.

HAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH

So tell me Ivan....how long ago did you run with your tail between your legs...to the county ....to get away from wonderful Baltimore. Or how many 'cousins' do you have still living there?

No one that has never lived in the city cr not had family there could constantly defend the city as you do. Well no take that back there is ONE reason. 

I live in the city.  I pay taxes to the STATE OF MARYLAND and those taxes go to Baltimore, Baltimore County and every other county.

I'm guessing the "cousins" remark is some type of "subtle" racist comment or something?

5 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

Ok but when the cops played a role in that wrongful conviction like the Chicago guy they need to be held accountable for all the things this guy had to go through becuase they failed to properly do thier job!

First off.....why is it the cops are always blamed. The cops can only arrest and gather information and evidence....AND TURN IT OVER TO THE PROSECUTOR.

Then, it is up to the courts to decide guilt and punishment...not the cops.

Now that is not to say, that a cop could wrongly arrest someone and maybe find bad evidence. THAT IS WHY THE COURTS EXIST...TO DECIDE THAT!

IMO your blame is misplaced. 

16 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

First off.....why is it the cops are always blamed. The cops can only arrest and gather information and evidence....AND TURN IT OVER TO THE PROSECUTOR.

Then, it is up to the courts to decide guilt and punishment...not the cops.

Now that is not to say, that a cop could wrongly arrest someone and maybe find bad evidence. THAT IS WHY THE COURTS EXIST...TO DECIDE THAT!

IMO your blame is misplaced. 

If that is all they had done fine but read the back articles. The two cops apparently had a history of coercing confessions and other questionable actions!

3 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

If that is all they had done fine but read the back articles. The two cops apparently had a history of coercing confessions and other questionable actions!

I didn't even know there are back articles to begin with. And in the this case if what you say is the truth (and I don't doubt your aren't telling the truth) then in this PARTICULAR CASE...you are absolutely correct. Also the fact that THE COURTS would not allow subsequent evidence to be admitted to re-open the case was also a big issue....maybe a bigger issue...since....again....THEY ...could have ...based on the new evidence...allowed another trial....and didn't.

My point is, yes there is no disagreement on my part with you about cops 'screwing up' badly. But not all cops. And it sounded like you and many others ALWAYS point the finger at the cops. 

I merely was trying to point out....that as part of the checks and balances....that are in place to prevent this stuff...failed....the courts failed.....TWICE.

Hope you see what I am trying to say. 

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I didn't even know there are back articles to begin with. And in the this case if what you say is the truth (and I don't doubt your aren't telling the truth) then in this PARTICULAR CASE...you are absolutely correct. Also the fact that THE COURTS would not allow subsequent evidence to be admitted to re-open the case was also a big issue....maybe a bigger issue...since....again....THEY ...could have ...based on the new evidence...allowed another trial....and didn't.

My point is, yes there is no disagreement on my part with you about cops 'screwing up' badly. But not all cops. And it sounded like you and many others ALWAYS point the finger at the cops. 

I merely was trying to point out....that as part of the checks and balances....that are in place to prevent this stuff...failed....the courts failed.....TWICE.

Hope you see what I am trying to say. 

I do and I hope you realize I don’t blame all cops. I do think the incompetent ones need to pay for thier mistakes and we need to train them better too.

43 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

I do and I hope you realize I don’t blame all cops. I do think the incompetent ones need to pay for thier mistakes and we need to train them better too.

Good it seemed you were....thank you for clarifying.

2 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Why do you keep claiming that bogus fact. Your taxes, like mine,like Ivan's go in a big pot, and the governor and GA dispenses it when they approve a budget. Your taxes go to Baltimore, Anne Arundel, Allegheny, Washington, Princess Anne and every other county in the state. As does mine, as does Ivan's. Stop being stupid.

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

Why do you keep claiming that bogus fact. Your taxes, like mine,like Ivan's go in a big pot, and the governor and GA dispenses it when they approve a budget. Your taxes go to Baltimore, Anne Arundel, Allegheny, Washington, Princess Anne and every other county in the state. As does mine, as does Ivan's. Stop being stupid.

I fully realize that the big pot gets distributed. 

My issue is that for what the citizens of Baltimore pay in and what they get back and what the city gooberment manages to mis-manage, lose or not even know they have from the state as compared to what the rest of the counties get is totally out of whack.

And ken....even if everything was absolutely balanced in distribution of those monies. You don't hear other counties constantly coming up short...say for schools....as happens every year in Baltimore. Which in turn the state has to come up with bail out money, which takes money from other counties. And I guess what further bothers the hxll out of me is the constant whining from the gooberment of Baltimore about lack of money.

Question.....how much money has the city just plane lost somewhere in it's book keeping or has lost because the idiots can't figure out what a 'Due Date' means. 

So fine, reluctantly I will pretend/concede that the city and the rest of the states may  get equal funding. It is the 'whine' add-on's that bug me. 

And I am far from stupid...but I am irritated.

22 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I fully realize that the big pot gets distributed. 

Then stop making stupid statements Like Baltimore doesn't pay the counties. Every jurisdiction pays to every other jurisdiction. It's how taxes work. You might not actually be stupid, but you indeed do say stupid things.

6 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Pssst...there’s no Princess Anne Co. Maybe you mean Queen Anne’s Co. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I think it was Princess Anne before she got promoted to Queen Anne.:D 

Edited by FatBoy

11 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

sure -- BUT-- there's always that BUT-- 

The DPis simply not reversible--

Me, I'd restrict it to those already serving life without parole, for the simple reason without it for those guys, I don't know what it is that would prevent them from killing anybody they want to if the opportunity arose. Like he said, there's just too many coming up where its shown it was indeed a wrongful conviction. 

I get that, but neither is 45 years in prison.  When they can figure out a way to make this guy 27 again so that he can live his life, that's reversible.  Otherwise his sentence is no more reversible than a death penalty.  

10 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

A great society full of poor and ultra rich.  :rolleyes:

Oh the irony of the old leave the US if you don't like it comment.  Meanwhile, you complain about Baltimore 24/7 yet still live right near it.

So what?  How many people are complaining about Trump, taxes, abortion, the 2nd amendment, income inequity, etc, etc..... Yet they still live in the US?  Wonder why since it is such a horrible country?  

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

I'm guessing the "cousins" remark is some type of "subtle" racist comment or something?

I'm interested in seeing his response to your question too. B)

And for that matter, let's see if he will elaborate on his comment:

"No one that has never lived in the city cr not had family there could constantly defend the city as you do. Well no take that back there is ONE reason."

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

10 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Good it seemed you were....thank you for clarifying.

Nope that’s why I specifically cited these cops in my initial post.

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

There is a town of Princess Anne though!