Joba

Conservatives fight back at Ingraham boycott and companies better brace themselves

345 posts in this topic

Supporters of free speech and of Fox News’ Laura Ingraham have launched a counter-offensive in the face of cowering advertisers dropping her show.

Conservatives are fighting back with a boycott of the advertisers, launching a campaign with the hashtag #IStandWithLaura, after nearly a dozen companies pulled their ads as they seemingly follow the commands of liberal Parkland school shooting activist, David Hogg.

Eleven companies so far have pulled their advertising from “The Ingraham Angle,” after the 17-year old unleashed his fury on the conservative primetime host because she hurt his feelings by tweeting about his college rejections – a fact he openly declared himself.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/03/31/conservatives-fight-back-at-ingraham-boycott-and-companies-better-brace-themselves-619124

LOL the gutless businesses that kowtowed to that little twerp really stepped in it big time. They are going to feel it hard in their pocketbook. :lol:

I've done my part. I made a big donation to the NRA and wrote letters to every single advertiser that announced they were dropping out with the news that they were never getting a cent from me going forward.

2 hours ago, Joba said:

I've done my part. I made a big donation to the NRA and wrote letters to every single advertiser that announced they were dropping out with the news that they were never getting a cent from me going forward.

I just joined the NRA after dropping my membership years ago. I'm signing up as many friends and relatives as I can. After JPS admitting he thinks the 2a is outdated and should be repealed..........not worth the risk.;)

Ingraham took an unexpected stacation and Hogg is hitting all the news shows.

4 hours ago, Joba said:

LOL the gutless businesses that kowtowed to that little twerp really stepped in it big time. They are going to feel it hard in their pocketbook. :lol:

I can see how they might have some sway with the pharmaceutical companies, but otherwise,  these conservatives are probably not part of these companies targeted demographic. 

4 minutes ago, hst2 said:

I can see how they might have some sway with the pharmaceutical companies, but otherwise,  these conservatives are probably not part of these companies targeted demographic. 

ROTFLMAO do you ever think about what you write? If they weren't part of the targeted demographic, why are they advertising on Fox News in the first place? :lol:

46 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

I just joined the NRA after dropping my membership years ago. I'm signing up as many friends and relatives as I can. After JPS admitting he thinks the 2a is outdated and should be repealed..........not worth the risk.;)

Feed the senseless fear. Always a good strategy when it comes to guns.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Joba said:

ROTFLMAO do you ever think about what you write? If they weren't part of the targeted demographic, why are they advertising on Fox News in the first place? :lol:

Good question. Those viewers already have one foot in the grave.

Edited by hst2

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

Good question. Those viewers already have one foot in the grave.

LOL so liberals don't get old? :lol:

3 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Feed the senseless fear. Always a good strategy when it comes to guns.

Too bad the conservatives are not all over the news like the March for Our Lives people.

Just now, Joba said:

LOL so liberals don't get old? :lol:

There has been quite a shift among young people away from the GOP,  and Trump is hastening it .

54 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

I have a lot of friends and family joining this effort also. Even the ones that never heard of Ingraham don't like what the little twerp is trying to pull. This is going to hit those advertisers pretty good. A few grandparents I know got rid of their Miracle Ears and are going for another brand.

7 minutes ago, Joba said:

I have a lot of friends and family joining this effort also. Even the ones that never heard of Ingraham don't like what the little twerp is trying to pull. This is going to hit those advertisers pretty good. A few grandparents I know got rid of their Miracle Ears and are going for another brand.

Damn it’s up to 17 sponsors that have withdrawn their support for Ingraham.

I doubt your family and friends are going to leave a mark.

;)

ROTFLMAO Laura Ingraham has some of the highest ratings on cable. She'll get new advertisers and her show will stay on the air. :lol:

Fox News and its corporate parent 21st Century Fox (FOXA) are paying the price for Laura Ingraham’s thoughtless remarks about Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg’s troubles getting into the college of his choice although the conservative commentator will probably be able to keep her job.

Several of the companies which pulled their commercials from Ingraham’s The Ingraham Angle were among the show’s biggest advertisers so far this year, according to data from iSpot.TV. Online home furnishings companies Wayfair, which said Ingraham’s decision to mock the 17-year-old Hogg didn’t comport with its values, was the show’s fourth-biggest advertiser in 2018. The analytics company estimates Wayfair spent $1.029 million on commercials. Streaming service Hulu ranked fifth among Ingraham Angle advertisers, with spot purchases of $854,432. Rachael Ray’s Nutrish pet food was The Ingraham Angle’s 10th largest advertiser with $720,316 in purchases.  Twenty-seventh ranked advertiser TripAdvisor spent $414,876.  

iSpotTV pegs overall ad spending on The Ingraham Angle at $45 million so far this year, which would project out to $180 million for 2018 if current trends hold. According to SNL Kagan, Fox News’s gross advertising revenue is expected to top $1.2 billion this year. Ingraham, who took over Fox’s 10 p.m. time slot in 2017, is competitive in the ratings both in terms of total viewers and viewers aged 25 to 54, the target demographic of cable news advertisers.  I don’t get a sense that Ingraham is in danger of losing her job though Fox News didn’t respond to a request for comment for this story.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanberr/2018/03/30/despite-advertiser-boycott-fox-news-laura-ingrahams-job-is-probably-safe/#3575947f613b

3 minutes ago, Joba said:

ROTFLMAO Laura Ingraham has some of the highest ratings on cable. She'll get new advertisers and her show will stay on the air. :lol:

Ingraham is persona non grata.

:D

16 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Damn it’s up to 17 sponsors that have withdrawn their support for Ingraham.

I doubt your family and friends are going to leave a mark.

;)

What really left a mark was my comment, which was so accurate in his case that he got it erased.  B)

Just now, Calamari said:

What really left a mark was my comment, which was so accurate in his case that he got it erased.  B)

Such a snowflake.

:P

2 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Such a snowflake.

:P

Well 2 of his idols are Trump and Nugent so that says a lot about him.

1 minute ago, mrsmlh said:

Well 2 of his idols are Trump and Nugent so that says a lot about him.

He sets his bar sooooooo low.

3 minutes ago, songfourone said:

He sets his bar sooooooo low.

I would say that it is so low even an ant can't get under it but something tells me that he will go lower.

1 minute ago, mrsmlh said:

I would say that it is so low even an ant can't get under it but something tells me that he will go lower.

Yet another trait that is shared with Trump.

5 hours ago, Joba said:

Would free speech be the companies freedom to choose were to advertise?

36 minutes ago, Joba said:

She ran away like a coward.