LadyHollman

Baltimatt

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Have you heard from Kemmer? Is she alright??

Edited by LadyHollman

Who else posts over there who used to post here?

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Who else posts over there who used to post here?

She's the only one that went over there that's was missed ....

Doesn't seem to have many people posting over there.  Why'd they leave here in the first place?

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Doesn't seem to have many people posting over there.  Why'd they leave here in the first place?

When the Baltimore Sun put up the paywall it initially included the forum as well.  This annoyed some posters.  Eventually the forum portion was taken back outside of the paywall.

35 minutes ago, microg said:

When the Baltimore Sun put up the paywall it initially included the forum as well.  This annoyed some posters.  Eventually the forum portion was taken back outside of the paywall.

Sounds like some had a hissy fit for no reason.

6 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

That's about right.... 

I did not know that forum still existed. 

5 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

I think the Sun foolishly thought their talk forum was so popular that people would willingly sign up. The only ones I know that paid were Travis Moon and the Fetching Mrs. Moon. 

8 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

The group of posters has declined so much I don’t stop by as much as I used to.  Basically the same partisan hacks having the same discussion over and over wrapped in the latest news story. 

On 4/1/2018 at 5:26 PM, Ode2Joy said:

A hissy fit? For no reason? Hissy fits are usually associated with bouncing off the walls and ceiling like a group of lottery balls because you can't have your way,... like a 2 year old or a 14 year old when you take away their social media privileges or cellphone. This person(s) methodically put together an alternative public forum free to the public, in the face of yet another corp trying charge for something that has traditionally been free. I think the alternative forum's not really catching on is a testament of it's success,... this forum's life time behind the paywall was short lived as I understand it. 

2 minutes ago, ericpd said:

A hissy fit? For no reason? Hissy fits are usually associated with bouncing off the walls and ceiling like a group of lottery balls because you can't have your way,... like a 2 year old or a 14 year old when you take away their social media privileges or cellphone. This person(s) methodically put together an alternative public forum free to the public, in the face of yet another corp trying charge for something that has traditionally been free. I think the alternative forum's not really catching on is a testament of it's success,... this forum's life time behind the paywall was short lived as I understand it. 

The posters who left would all be back if the alternative forum was some kind of testament of its success.

That place looks like a ghost town.  demopublican is the only name I recognize over there and he was just using it to complain about this forum and the moderators and people over here.  :D 

On 4/1/2018 at 5:26 PM, Ode2Joy said:

I left but I didn't have a hissy fit.  I just simply wasn't going to pay to post on a forum that I had been part of for a long time, I don't read the Sun because it sucks quite frankly. I was happy when  SSLO was created, I was able to keep in touch with people I had been posting with for years.  At first it was okay but then a lot of posters were leaving.  Towards the time I decided not to post there anymore, it was so much of the same bickering by the same posters, it just wasn't enjoyable anymore.   It wasn't for no reason, it was my reason. 

8 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

I left but I didn't have a hissy fit.  I just simply wasn't going to pay to post on a forum that I had been part of for a long time, I don't read the Sun because it sucks quite frankly. I was happy when  SSLO was created, I was able to keep in touch with people I had been posting with for years.  At first it was okay but then a lot of posters were leaving.  Towards the time I decided not to post there anymore, it was so much of the same bickering by the same posters, it just wasn't enjoyable anymore.   It wasn't for no reason, it was my reason. 

Then you came back here.

Just now, Ode2Joy said:

Then you came back here.

I did, I popped in once in a while after they took the pay wall down but it seemed to have died a little here too from what I was used to. Regardless, I'm glad to be back. 

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:36 PM, Dinglehopper said:

The group of posters has declined so much I don’t stop by as much as I used to.  Basically the same partisan hacks having the same discussion over and over wrapped in the latest news story. 

Oh....you mean like here! :D

14 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

Oh....you mean like here! :D:D

Just now, Guido2 said:

Oh....you mean like here! :D:D

It's not as bad here, maybe is seemed worse there because there were so few posters and it was like a broken record.  

2 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

It's not as bad here, maybe is seemed worse there because there were so few posters and it was like a broken record.  

Well....you might be a good judge.

I am feeling the same way here...same ones with the same agenda....same ones that believe they are absolutely right ....and you can never be,

I have noticed a number of 'frequent flyers' don't post as much at all 

3 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

It wasn't bad for a year or 2. Then a few from here tried to ruin it starting arguments. Same here.

Just now, stevez51 said:

It wasn't bad for a year or 2. Then a few from here tried to ruin it starting arguments. Same here.

I have no problem with arguments/debates....I don't think anyone does.

However you could be talking about a nuclear reactor meltdown.....and some pin head will try to inject race or the civil war into it.....and unfortunately is successful in the derailment. :mad::huh::lol:

Just now, Guido2 said:

Well....you might be a good judge.

I am feeling the same way here...same ones with the same agenda....same ones that believe they are absolutely right ....and you can never be,

I have noticed a number of 'frequent flyers' don't post as much at all 

I miss a lot of the posters that used to be here, we had some fun topics that were just meant to be fun. Not all politics, not all social justice, some disagreeing/arguing, just some stupid fun!

4 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

If you ignore them, they will go away eventually if they aren't getting the argument they want.  Some people thrive off of getting under someone's skin so don't let them.