LadyHollman

Baltimatt

34 posts in this topic

Just now, Cowboyz said:

I miss a lot of the posters that used to be here, we had some fun topics that were just meant to be fun. Not all politics, not all social justice, some disagreeing/arguing, just some stupid fun!

Totally agree. I sometimes wonder why I come back here. 

But someone has to 'keep the loonies on the path'

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

Totally agree. I sometimes wonder why I come back here. 

But someone has to 'keep the loonies on the path'

Great tune... I still have this album.  Sorry I never saw them in concert. :(

This thread was about Kemmer! I managed to derail it, sorry my bad! 

I hope Kemmer is okay!! :) 

6 hours ago, Cowboyz said:

This thread was about Kemmer! I managed to derail it, sorry my bad! 

I hope Kemmer is okay!! :) 

Kemmer (and Baltimatt) are why I started posting. I was immature, getting into moronic back and forths with a few, but I liked their ability to agreeably disagree and thats what I wanted to do. I also miss Wizard and dsummoner, controversial posters who could really write interesting stuff, IMO.

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

The posters who left would all be back if the alternative forum was some kind of testament of its success.

That place looks like a ghost town.  demopublican is the only name I recognize over there and he was just using it to complain about this forum and the moderators and people over here.  :D 

Nah,... that's not what I meant. That forum's criteria of success I believe was never about being or not being a ghost town. I don't think its creators ever meant for it compete head-to-head with this forum for membership and popularity. I think it only existed as a response to this forum's decision to run behind a paywall. And I think this forum over estimated the number of frequent members who would happily pay, and under estimated the number of new members that paywall would turn away. Add to that, lifeboats quickly lowering off the port and starboard sides of the ship in the form of an alternative forum,... doesn't  take too long to realize that all you've done is present multiple reasons and avenues for fleeing the ship (this forum). And don't forget the mooring ropes,... that's the avenue all the rats use! Them realizing this is the reason I believe they stayed behind the paywall for suck a brief moment. 

16 hours ago, pepper said:

Kemmer (and Baltimatt) are why I started posting. I was immature, getting into moronic back and forths with a few, but I liked their ability to agreeably disagree and thats what I wanted to do. I also miss Wizard and dsummoner, controversial posters who could really write interesting stuff, IMO.

I remember Wiz, I enjoyed his posts as well.  Is he MIA?? 

On 4/11/2018 at 9:15 AM, Ode2Joy said:

The posters who left would all be back if the alternative forum was some kind of testament of its success.

That place looks like a ghost town.  demopublican is the only name I recognize over there and he was just using it to complain about this forum and the moderators and people over here.  :D 

The posters who left are mostly back,... they came back after this forum decided to come out from behind the paywall.

On 4/12/2018 at 10:03 AM, Cowboyz said:

I remember Wiz, I enjoyed his posts as well.  Is he MIA?? 

Wizard777 was in his mid 70's years ago when we last debated. I'd like to think otherwise, and be proven otherwise, but he may have passed.

15 hours ago, pepper said:

Wizard777 was in his mid 70's years ago when we last debated. I'd like to think otherwise, and be proven otherwise, but he may have passed.

That stinks, you are probably right though.  Looks like he hasn't posted since 2014.  :(