Is Tesla about to plunge?

8 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

Some believe so.

Recalls?

Downgrades

This guy seems to know his stuff.

This isn't good.

I admire Musk, however the reality is about to overcome the fantasy.  

His business models are all based on government subsidies .....

I'm invested in the battery and lithium mining end of this and solar, wind, etc...

That's the common factor in all these businesses .......

People keep pumping money into his stock I don't get it.

I'm looking more at SpaceX than Tesla. What they're doing is nothing short of Spectacular. Their launch frequency is just about every other week now. They've Landed their boosters 24 times now and the Falcon Heavy dual booster landing was nothing short of Amazing despite the fact that the Main Booster ran out of fuel and didn't land on the barge. They'll adjust for that. Now they're working on catching the Payload Shrouds too. The Dragon resupply ship is the only one other than the Soyuz that returns to Earth and the Manned Dragon should launch sometime later this year. SpaceX is really getting Good at this stuff.

On 4/25/2018 at 7:17 PM, Bartman said:

I'm looking more at SpaceX than Tesla. What they're doing is nothing short of Spectacular. Their launch frequency is just about every other week now. They've Landed their boosters 24 times now and the Falcon Heavy dual booster landing was nothing short of Amazing despite the fact that the Main Booster ran out of fuel and didn't land on the barge. They'll adjust for that. Now they're working on catching the Payload Shrouds too. The Dragon resupply ship is the only one other than the Soyuz that returns to Earth and the Manned Dragon should launch sometime later this year. SpaceX is really getting Good at this stuff.

I live near Vandenberg and the occasional Space X  launches are nothing short of hugely spectacular. What I like the most is he spends his money instead of parking it offshore. I wish him well but it sure seems like he's cutting his time rather thin between all his projects.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, zenwalk said:

I live near Vandenberg and the occasional Space X  launches are nothing short of hugely spectacular. What I like the most is he spends his money instead of parking it offshore. I wish him well but it sure seems like he's cutting his time rather thin between all his projects.

They next Falcon is sched for launch on May 6 with an Asian comm sat. They're getting That reliable! Yes they're getting down to about every 2 weeks now with their Block 5 boosters. Again their Dragon is the only other ship besides the Soyuz that comes back down! The Manned Dragon will be later this year. I just remember the speech from the film Destination Moon in 1950.

General Thayer to Jim Barnes - "Preparedness isn't all military, Jim. What about the money? That's not the problem! It's production. That's why I came to you. You're a production man. The problem right now is one of research. Designing, special materials... the pooling of resources, specialized skills, engineering brains.... industrial capacity. No single company could possibly do it. But combined American industry sparked by Jim Barnes... could put a rocket on the moon within a year. What do you say, Jim? Do we go to lunch? Or do we go to the moon?"

Well One company is looking like they're doing it! It's Finally coming True!

NASA launched their Glorified Apollo capsule for a test how many years ago and where is it Now? Private Industry, because they Have to make money to do things will Always do better than any Gov't funded project. The Gov't doesn't Have to make a Profit! Just look at everything else they do.

Edited by Bartman

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, daravenator said:

Same with bitcoins. :lol:

And I don't get that either. 

On 4/6/2018 at 10:08 AM, daravenator said:

It comes down to billionaires wanting to invest in the future or some warm island bolthole. I think what Musk has found out is that it's much harder to build a car here on Earth than a rocket program. People want him to succeed.