Pickle20

Trump sending troops to the border

422 posts in this topic

Seems appropriate to stop an invasion of people from another nation, aided by another nation, intent on violating our sovereign rights as a nation to control our borders. 

They have no right to come here illegally and make demands on us. 

Mighty Honduras.  Maybe Donnie can moon them from atop his wall and fart in their general direction.

I'm not really against sending military to the border, but man does Trump sound like a child on twitter.  What an embarrassment.

Just now, zenwalk said:

Mighty Honduras.  Maybe Donnie can moon them from atop his wall and fart in their general direction.

What an intellectual post! 

1 minute ago, WhatintheHell said:

Future Democrat voters, that's all the Democrats see. 

That pretty much sums it up.

5 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

What an intellectual post! 

Considering your idea of an intellectual poast is putting lipstick on a pig, I'll take that as a compliment.

Good.  What else would you expect when you have thousands declaring they are entering the country illegally, welcome or not.

4 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Good.  What else would you expect when you have thousands declaring they are entering the country illegally, welcome or not.

I think greeting them with M16's is probably last on the list. Surely there has to be something more humane we can do while still not allowing them to live here illegally.

Mowing down a barefoot horde is never a good move. Especially for our soldiers who will be the ones doing it. 

Just now, Pickle20 said:

I think greeting them with M16's is probably last on the list. Surely there has to be something more humane we can do while still not allowing them to live here illegally.

M4's probably unless they are guard units.

What are supposed to greet invaders with, a marching band and keys to a new car. 

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Seems appropriate to stop an invasion of people from another nation, aided by another nation, intent on violating our sovereign rights as a nation to control our borders. 

They have no right to come here illegally and make demands on us. 

Might make sense if there was actually an invasion taking place... but there isn't.  I'm amazed how many people are gullible enough to believe this garbage.

Now I get that there is this whole immigrant thing about to happen and that's one thing, but under normal circumstances border crossings have been drastically dropping for years now.  Hopefully this current situation comes and goes without too much trouble.

Edited by banner1124

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

Might make sense if there was actually an invasion taking place... but there isn't.  I'm amazed how many people are gullible enough to believe this garbage.

Pull on the string and it leads, like it always does, back to the diaper squirters at Fox.

24 minutes ago, WhatintheHell said:

Future Democrat voters, that's all the Democrats see. 

I know quite a few Immigrants or children of Immigrants who vote Republican. 

The view that Immigrants are automatically future Democrats is short sighted. 

Maybe Trump wants to do what Israel did last weekend when soldiers shot unarmed Palestinians at their border wall  

There are 700 miles of border that are unsecured. I can't wait to here Donny & Jimmy's plan for guarding it with soldiers. 

6 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Maybe Trump wants to do what Israel did last weekend when soldiers shot unarmed Palestinians at their border wall  

Only if they throw rocks and burning tires:rolleyes:

Perfect thread subject soul.

"Will Trump do the same thing the Israel's did to the Palestine's last week at their border"

No charge;)

1 minute ago, jonsensback said:

"Will Trump do the same thing the Israel's did to the Palestine's last week at their border"

No charge;)

Even people praying or running away from the wall were shot. Pretty barbaric display by Israel. I’m sure Trump envies them

34 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Supporters of open borders immediately start with hyperbole about "shooting them down" as if that's all the Army can do.  They also don't differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants. 

21 minutes ago, soulflower said:

I know quite a few Immigrants or children of Immigrants who vote Republican. 

The view that Immigrants are automatically future Democrats is short sighted. 

The post above is a prime example where they conflate illegal and legal immigrants and do not attempt to differentiate.

I seriously doubt that soulflower knows quite a few ILLEGAL immigrants who vote Republican. 

The people from Honduras, who have far more culturally in common with Mexico, are being allowed to illegally violate our U.S. border by two foreign nations who seem to love getting rid of their own citizens. 

It all comes down to whether or not they have a right to come here illegally and to make demands that we allow our laws to be broken, and whether or not this country has a right to use the military to stop them.

Anyone who thinks we do not have the right to stop them is in favor of open borders even if they won't come out and acknowledge it. 

15 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

No charge;)

More proof from the supporters of open borders that they seem to agree that this is not our country and that we have no right to enforce our borders.  They immediately go to extreme comparisons.  All we need now is the usual "Nazis!" comparison from them to complete the misguided and shrill hyperbole.

55 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

That would be cheaper....

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Supporters of open borders immediately start with hyperbole about "shooting them down" as if that's all the Army can do.  They also don't differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants. 

The post above is a prime example where they conflate illegal and legal immigrants and do not attempt to differentiate.

I seriously doubt that soulflower knows quite a few ILLEGAL immigrants who vote Republican. 

The people from Honduras, who have far more culturally in common with Mexico, are being allowed to illegally violate our U.S. border by two foreign nations who seem to love getting rid of their own citizens. 

It all comes down to whether or not they have a right to come here illegally and to make demands that we allow our laws to be broken, and whether or not this country has a right to use the military to stop them.

Anyone who thinks we do not have the right to stop them is in favor of open borders even if they won't come out and acknowledge it. 

One who compares Israel/Palestine border to the US and Mexico in 2018 wakes up with hyperbole in their brain. 

3 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I seriously doubt SF knows any illegals that vote period, but keep blabbering on.  The hyperbole and self righteousness are quite comical. 

Posted (edited)

I don't have a problem with the military guarding the border. Isn't the current Border Patrol already armed? I just hope they get the troops by closing down some unnecessary military bases as well

Edited by regularguy
typo