songfourone

California Considering Unprecedented Law Restricting Police Firearm Use

103 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Can you post that part of the law? I don't see it in the link.

California wants to change their legal standard from the “reasonable force” rule to “necessary force,” according to the Associated Press.

They define "necessary force" as force used when “there were no other reasonable alternatives to the use of deadly force.

The law can be used to prosecute any police officer who shoots someone with a BB or replica gun as that force was not necessary (eg the officer was not facing deadly force).  THAT is the danger of this law, changing "reasonable" to "necessary."  Use a legal dictionary if you need more help.

Cops in CA will have to wait until the subject actually shoot at them with a real gun before defending themselves and the public.  Otherwise they might kill someone who points a pellet gun or unloaded revolver at them that poses no threat at all and any force used against them will be deemed not necessary.

4 hours ago, Ibrihim said:

California wants to change their legal standard from the “reasonable force” rule to “necessary force,” according to the Associated Press.

They define "necessary force" as force used when “there were no other reasonable alternatives to the use of deadly force.

The law can be used to prosecute any police officer who shoots someone with a BB or replica gun as that force was not necessary (eg the officer was not facing deadly force).  THAT is the danger of this law, changing "reasonable" to "necessary."  Use a legal dictionary if you need more help.

Cops in CA will have to wait until the subject actually shoot at them with a real gun before defending themselves and the public.  Otherwise they might kill someone who points a pellet gun or unloaded revolver at them that poses no threat at all and any force used against them will be deemed not necessary.

So no link? Because nothing in the link you posted mentions toy, pellet or BB guns. I don't know where you got that from, but it's not in the link you posted.

8 hours ago, Guido2 said:

smh. why do I bother dealing with head strong....reverse bigot....blacks can do no wrong people such as yourself. 

btw...stop editing my posts when you quote....underlining fine....highlighting fine ......slash in burn....not fine. 

You are way, way off base here.  Ken is definitely not your "blacks can do no wrong people".  You only think that because he doesn't believe every cop is justified in killing every black guy.

22 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

You are way, way off base here.  Ken is definitely not your "blacks can do no wrong people".  You only think that because he doesn't believe every cop is justified in killing every black guy.

Thank you. Someone who has actually read my posts. I mean really?:huh:

6 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Thank you. Someone who has actually read my posts. I mean really?:huh:

There is no way that he could have read your posts and came up with that idea.

4 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

There is no way that he could have read your posts and came up with that idea.

It's Guido. He's read enough of my posts and even agreed with me on many occasions to to know that characterization was BS. The problem is he's one of the former LEOs on the board(supposedly. I have my doubts) that think police officers can do no wrong. I even in fact posted in this thread that no unarmed person (regardless of race)should be shot and killed by a police officer. 

18 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

It's Guido. He's read enough of my posts and even agreed with me on many occasions to to know that characterization was BS. The problem is he's one of the former LEOs on the board(supposedly. I have my doubts) that think police officers can do no wrong. I even in fact posted in this thread that no unarmed person (regardless of race)should be shot and killed by a police officer. 

I agree totally.  I also have my doubts that he was a LEO but, if true, I'm glad that he isn't a current LEO given his attitude.

Guess no one ever watched Demolition Man starring Stallone & Snipes long ago. Have a Happy Joy Joy Day Citizen!

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

13 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

I agree totally.  I also have my doubts that he was a LEO but, if true, I'm glad that he isn't a current LEO given his attitude.

<delete by Guido>

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Yah know you are both right regarding  my thoughts about kens thoughts about the police and shooting unarmed police. What you and he say about his postions on that are very true. 

I must have blur disease.....which is very rampant on these pages. Not familiar with blur disease? Well that happens when one reads multiple posts on multiple topics and your brain tends to blur things into the topic at hand. 

So to clarify my saying 'blacks can do no wrong' is carry over from other 'things'. 

I apologize

Oh....ken....we said we agreed....and we have...... you may think that I believe that cops can do no wrong...that is wrong.... if appropriate AFTER THE FACTS ARE IN....I make a judgement. Yah know.....the 'Innocent till proven guilty' thing. It isn't just for thugs you know. 

But if you take a hard look at yourself....you suffer blur disease also. 

I don’t suffer from blur disease. I saw quite clearly that you tried to justify unarmed blacks being killed by bringing white people into it.  While I clearly posted that it happens to blacks disproportionately by population numbers, which is the reason this bill exists. I don’t expect you to admit it what you did because you’re not intellectually honest. You have a clear bias against black people which comes through clearly every time you post. 

Edited by bmore_ken

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

I don’t suffer from blur disease.? I saw quite clearly that you tried to justify unarmed blacks being killed by bringing white people into it.  While I clearly posted that it happens to blacks disproportionately by population numbers, which is the reason this bill exists. I don’t expect you to admit it what you did because you’re not intellectually honest. You have a clear bias against black people which comes through clearly every time you post. 

ken....ken...ken.

When will you learn.........you set yourself up by SPECIFICALLY  addressing and building on blacks and white cops.....so by default I or anyone else can counter with our race card. It's a call in poker. 

So you were the one that set the table ....not me.  Going forward leave 'color' out of it and life is simple. 

And in regard to my being bias....clear example of compartmentalization.  You pull the race toys out of the slots when it suits you....you don't pull the other toys (my comments that are positive or supportive) to counter that thinking.

Even when I retract and correct ....you always run back to the Guido racist toy box. 

Edited by Guido2

12 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

I don’t suffer from blur disease.? I saw quite clearly that you tried to justify unarmed blacks being killed by bringing white people into it.  While I clearly posted that it happens to blacks disproportionately by population numbers, which is the reason this bill exists. I don’t expect you to admit it what you did because you’re not intellectually honest. You have a clear bias against black people which comes through clearly every time you post. 

Truer words have never been spoken on these forums.

4 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

ken....ken...ken.

When will you learn.........you set yourself up by SPECIFICALLY  addressing and building on blacks and white cops.....so be default I or anyone else can counter with the race card.  So you were the one that set the table ....not me.  Going forward leave 'color' out of it and life is simple. 

And in regard to my being bias....clear example of compartmentalization.  You pull the race toys out of the slots when it suits you....you don't pull the other toys (my comments that are positive or supportive) to counter that thinking.

Even when I retract and correct ....you always run back to the Guido racist toy box. 

What was it you said to me in another thread? Oh yeah...

Hey I have admitted mistakes all the time...and you and yours constantly bring them up from months and years ago. 

You made it tough crowd buckoo. 

Right back at you, bro.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Truer words have never been spoken on these forums.

To bad you feel that way.

I guess it must hurt a lot when people such as myself point out the obvious flaws ......that you all put blinders on about. 

Edited by Guido2

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

To bad you feel that way.

I guess it must hurt a lot when people such as myself point out the obvious flaws ......that you all put blinders on about. 

No blinders here but it's ironic you're talking about vision when you have tunnel vision when it comes to people of a certain race.

14 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

I also wonder if he lives where he says he lives.

19 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

What was it you said to me in another thread? Oh yeah...

Right back at you, bro.

So you admit it....you guys are just as 'nasty' and racially bias as you ASSUME I am. 

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

So you admit it....you guys are just as 'nasty' and racially bias as you ASSUME I am. 

Nope.

Just that "you made it a tough crowd, buckoo". You made that bed so lie in it.

:lol:

12 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Nope.

Just that "you made it a tough crowd, buckoo". You made that bed so lie in it.

:lol:

What you said makes absolutely no sense what so ever. 

44 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

ken....ken...ken.

When will you learn.........you set yourself up by SPECIFICALLY  addressing and building on blacks and white cops.....

Not one of my posts in this thread mentions the race of the officer. You’ve failed yet again. You should try actually reading what I post before responding with nonsense. 

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

What you said makes absolutely no sense what so ever. 

You said:

I referred to the thread where I admitted a mistake and would be mindful of not doing it in the future. You wrote:

Hey I have admitted mistakes all the time...and you and yours constantly bring them up from months and years ago. 

You made it tough crowd buckoo. 

So here we are, both lamenting why people can't be more understanding when we admit a mistake.

Yet you don't practice what you preach.

Edited by Pickle20

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, bmore_ken said:

Don’t be dumb. You can be a white officer and not shoot unarmed black people. Sometimes you post the most ridiculous stuff.  :rolleyes:

Yes you did..................

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Yes you did..................

That was a response to you bringing up black cops. Of course you quoted that post without context. It’s what intellectually dishonest people do. 

6 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

You said:

I referred to the thread where I admitted a mistake and would be mindful of not doing it in the future. You wrote:

So here we are, both lamenting why people can't be more understanding when we admit a mistake.

Yet you don't practice what you preach.

Anther what the blip are you driving at post. 

Look, early on I admittedly was a bit harsh in my use of the term black.... I thought.... I had rectified that and appoligized for that ....and had moved on...with a calmer more reflective Guido.

However, like any good deed.... I realize that it was stupid to do so....as it was a green light for some to attack even the most vague perceived insult regarding blacks.

And then the piling on starts....and the reverse bias comments.....like Caucasiazoid.....that is ok....?

I had thought I backed away from this cheap kind of infighting.....but....while I let go.....some of you can't.

So simply put....if you ping me unjustly.....especially for things way in the past.....then expect to get pinged back. 

Got it?

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

That was a response to you bringing up black cops. Of course you quoted that post without context. It’s what intellectually dishonest people do. 

Like you love to say......'show me.

Edited by Guido2