Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkFlamingo

When they shouldn’t be driving anymore, take the keys away!!

61 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

If I make it far enough my self imposed limit will be 70. There are simply too many transportation options to risk my life or anyone else’s at that age. When I die, I don’t want it to be in a car accident. 

Well how about having the Big Kakaroo in the sack with a couple of Chickies? That would work for me. Just Go with a Big Smile on your face!

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Bartman said:

Well how about having the Big Kakaroo in the sack with a couple of Chickies? That would work for me. Just Go with a Big Smile on your face!

Definitely my dream way to go, but I suspect they'll find me a week after I'm dead on the living room floor.

Edited by bmore_ken

1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

Definitely my dream way to go, but I suspect they'll find me a week after I'm dead on the living room floor.

Probably Everyone has heard sometime "Hey did you hear about so & so down the street? They found him sitting on the Toilet!" Think I've heard that story at least twice.

Posted (edited)

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, Pickle20 said:

For me it's usually guys in souped up pick-up trucks.

around here it's the subcompact with the loud exhaust doing 60 in a 35mph zone, going through stop signs like they don't exist. Oh and last summer I watched a guy on a motorcycle in front of me run a red light crossing busy Rt301 ( can't see him making it to 88)

Edited by ODENTON

My dad was 83 with Macular Degeneration and was driving to the dentist with my mom. Suddenly he pulled over on the side of the road and looked at her and said. "I can't drive anymore". Mom then took the wheel. 

Well, I'm 62, I ride around the country on a motorcycle. I don't know when I'll be done. My dads 90 and drives, but only during the day. I've ridden with him and he drives fine. I guess when I die, I'd like to go peacefully in my sleep, with a smile on my face like my grandfather did. Not screaming and crying like the people that he was driving home.B)

45 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Well, I'm 62, I ride around the country on a motorcycle. I don't know when I'll be done. My dads 90 and drives, but only during the day. I've ridden with him and he drives fine. I guess when I die, I'd like to go peacefully in my sleep, with a smile on my face like my grandfather did. Not screaming and crying like the people that he was driving home.B)

:lol:

19 hours ago, Bartman said:

I'm sure the "Chickies" will like that.

On 4/6/2018 at 7:56 AM, bmore_ken said:

60 is ludicrous. 70 makes more sense.

Spoken like someone in their fifties. :D I'm just messing with you. I'm smack dab in the middle of mine...

41 minutes ago, Rael said:

Spoken like someone in their fifties. :D I'm just messing with you. I'm smack dab in the middle of mine...

Trust me, even in my 50's sometimes I just take uber and let someone else drive. If I had a wife, she'd be doing all the driving. :lol:

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, Baltimatt said:

I'm sure the "Chickies" will like that.

I had that same thought.  Now I'm going to force myself to watch the 700 Club to try and purge that image.