Slidemaster

4/5 Lets Go Yankees game thread

48 posts in this topic

O's off to a tough start, up 1-0.

Yes! The review goes their way! Back to an even score.

Zero runs for Orioles thru six. Not entirely shocking. 

What a boring offense.

Judge doing his best to help the birds!  1-0 Yankees.

JONES!!!

Jones is too good to be on this team.  It's ok, the loss is still possible.

Posted (edited)

Chance was just way too over-anxious on his AB.

Hope he watched Mancini closely afterwards. That's the way to pick 'em up.! 

And Da Judge doesn't seem to have the most accurate arm ...

Edited by catatonia

Ugh!  That was a rough inning.

Fortunately Santander's misplay on the carom didn't cost a base; I think Didi would have gained second even if Santander had played the rebound cleanly. 

Great slide by Didi there. A poor slide and there's no second run. He's a really good player. Why would the Yankees want to sign Machado, if they have Gregorious there? He may not WAR it up like Manny, but he, as they say in gov't contracting, adds value. 

6 minutes ago, catatonia said:

Great slide by Didi there. A poor slide and there's no second run. He's a really good player. Why would the Yankees want to sign Machado, if they have Gregorious there? He may not WAR it up like Manny, but he, as they say in gov't contracting, adds value. 

Machado seems a tad overrated.

Posted (edited)

Loved that one-strike change to Judge from O'Day there. 

And did I mention that Brett Gardner is a spent piece of jet trash?

Maybe O'Day should close until Zach gets back. Other than the walk -- which was basically due to Gardner acting like what a needle does when it hits your thumb -- he's pitched like a boss this inning. 

Oops, spoke too soon ... 

I should shut up. 

Edited by catatonia

Ah, Brach was squeezed there ... 

Now don't go losing it just because you may not have gotten a call ...

I believe!  Come on O's!  You can find a way!

Attaboy, Brad. 

Nice win. Let's sweep the Yankees. 

Oh well, tough luck today.  Come back and get number 6 tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Slidemaster said:

Oh well, tough luck today.  Come back and get number 6 tomorrow.

What an *** 

1 hour ago, doktorluv said:

What an *** 

I'm rooting for the future.  This team has no chance.  The only way up is down down down.  Just ask Houston.

Posted (edited)

On 4/5/2018 at 11:27 PM, Slidemaster said:

I'm rooting for the future.  This team has no chance.  The only way up is down down down.  Just ask Houston.

Most of us understand that. Unlike you, however, and speaking only for myself, I still root for the team to win. If they're out of it by the All-Star Break, then I'll look at the upside in that they'll now have a chance to move some of their pending free agents and hopefully improve the farm system. Should the Orioles lose 100 games, then again, the positive will be a more advantageous position in the amateur draft. 

I will not, however, spend an entire season rooting for the Orioles to crash and burn. That's weak.

Every cloud has a silver lining, but in your case, I'm beginning to suspect the opposite may be true.

Edited by mdrunning

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Most of us understand that. Unlike you, however, and speaking only for myself, I still root for the team to win. If they're out of it by the All-Star Break, then I'll look a the upside in that they'll now have a chance to move some of their pending free agents and hopefully improve the farm system. Should the Orioles lose 100 games, then again, the positive will be a more advantageous position in the amateur draft. 

I will not, however, spend an entire season rooting for the Orioles to crash and burn. That's weak.

Every cloud has a silver lining, but in your case, I'm beginning to suspect the opposite may be true.

The stakes are too high this year.  The ramifications of having a mediocre season will be felt for years.

It means getting nothing for Manny.  It means nothing for Brach or Britton or Jones.  It means getting another mid-level C+ prospect in the first round of the draft.  They could turn their entire farm system around in 2 years if they suck this year.  If they limp along at .500?  It could take 3 times that.

They must suck to be good.  I care enough about the team to want what's best for it even if it isn't any fun.

Edited by Slidemaster

48 minutes ago, Slidemaster said:

The stakes are too high this year.  The ramifications of having a mediocre season will be felt for years.

It means getting nothing for Manny.  It means nothing for Brach or Britton or Jones.  It means getting another mid-level C+ prospect in the first round of the draft.  They could turn their entire farm system around in 2 years if they suck this year.  If they limp along at .500?  It could take 3 times that.

They must suck to be good.  I care enough about the team to want what's best for it even if it isn't any fun.

I'm sorry... the is biggest ton of b.s. I've ever come across. I'm not throwing in the towel on a team after the seventh game of the season.