Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

Fox5 News Anchors Call A Black Kid "Obnoxious" For Getting Into 20 Colleges!

42 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

They're probably angry that he's taking up a wait spot that could be going to an Asian.

Nah.... they are ticked because a kid with a brain got a slot.....and not a starting forward or wide receiver for the college teams. :D

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, kandace said:

AA academic excellence its a mortal affront to Caucasian Supremacy.  Pour it on, and watch them squeal like pigs.  :)

Indeed. You can see it on this very board.

Chris Rock once said: "There is nothing a white man with a penny hates more than a black man with a nickel".

It is illustrated on Fox News and this very board everyday.

Edited by EgyptKang

7 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

Indeed. You can see it on this very board.

Chris Rock once said: "There is nothing a white man with a penny hates more than a black man with a nickel".

It is illustrated on Fox News and this very board everyday.

Indeed.  With the large number of highly  educated African immigrants plus AA upper middle class both slated to create a surge in academically sharp AA students, the next 20 years will be very interesting and entertaining.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, kandace said:

Indeed.  With the large number of highly  educated African immigrants plus AA upper middle class both slated to create a surge in academically sharp AA students, the next 20 years will be very interesting and entertaining.

Yes AAs must watch their children closely from birth. Gotta monitor the doctors from delivery to adulthood. The Henrietta Lacks and Tuskeegee experiment has shown us the wickedness that caucasians are capable of.

Edited by EgyptKang

2 hours ago, downunder said:

I don't think they called the kid obnoxious, they called the act of applying to 20 schools obnoxious.

Don't ruin their narrative.

2 hours ago, downunder said:

I don't think they called the kid obnoxious, they called the act of applying to 20 schools obnoxious.

I don't know if it's obnoxious but it seems unfocused......

Now they basically have a month to make a decision  between 20 schools ....

I hope they did a lot of legwork ahead of time .....

Most kids will have a few stretch schools, a few target schools and a few safe schools .....

They should be strong in the areas of interest of the student, in their price range, etc.....

One reason to apply to a lot of schools is to shop scholarships and financial aid but ivy aid is need based .....

Congratulations to the kid.  He must have spent a lot on application fees though.  He had to know he was going to get into just about anywhere he applied, so I would have advised him to narrow it down, and use the unspent application fees on a college beater to get around campus.  But there is no denying that he has achieved a lot.  

2 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

Yes AAs must watch their children closely from birth. Gotta monitor the doctors from delivery to adulthood. The Henrietta Lacks and Tuskeegee experiment has shown us the wickedness that caucasians are capable of.

Sad truth.

I'm curious which school he'll pick? Is Harvard still considered the number one school?

2 minutes ago, kandace said:

Sad truth.

I love the fact that we can decry racism and go equally off the rails in the other direction and be totally racist in the process.  Remind me of the race of Robert Mugabe and Idi Amin.  Apparently wickedness is not confined to one race.  

That is actually the sad truth.  

36 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

I don't know if it's obnoxious but it seems unfocused......

Now they basically have a month to make a decision  between 20 schools ....

I hope they did a lot of legwork ahead of time .....

Most kids will have a few stretch schools, a few target schools and a few safe schools .....

They should be strong in the areas of interest of the student, in their price range, etc.....

One reason to apply to a lot of schools is to shop scholarships and financial aid but ivy aid is need based .....

Ivy's be doin... ok. https://www.markovprocesses.com/blog/measuring-the-ivy-2017-a-year-in-the-upside-down-for-endowment-returns/

Ivy League Endowment Assets

As of July 2017, the total AUM among the Ivy League endowments was $125.56 billion, representing 24.38% of the assets held by universities and related endowments 1. While final numbers for fiscal year 2017 are still pending, here is a look at how 2016 AUM was distributed across the Ivies.

Endowment FY 2016 AUM (in Billions)
Harvard 37.10
Yale 27.20
Princeton 23.80
Penn 12.20
Columbia 10.00
Cornell 6.80
Dartmouth 4.96
Brown 3.50

1 hour ago, workerbee said:

Ivy's be doin... ok. https://www.markovprocesses.com/blog/measuring-the-ivy-2017-a-year-in-the-upside-down-for-endowment-returns/

Ivy League Endowment Assets

As of July 2017, the total AUM among the Ivy League endowments was $125.56 billion, representing 24.38% of the assets held by universities and related endowments 1. While final numbers for fiscal year 2017 are still pending, here is a look at how 2016 AUM was distributed across the Ivies.

Endowment FY 2016 AUM (in Billions)
Harvard 37.10
Yale 27.20
Princeton 23.80
Penn 12.20
Columbia 10.00
Cornell 6.80
Dartmouth 4.96
Brown 3.50

Yep it's crock but it's all supply and demand ......

If you qualify for finacoal aid by there formulas they have plenty of it .....

But with the best students in the world trying to get on they don't give athletic or merit scholarships.....

With acceptance rates between 4% and 15% there are ~ 10 to 20 folks waiting to get in if you decide you don't want to go ......

Congrats to this kid and to the Gilman kid as well. It's great to see black students overcoming the disdain for education - scorning academic success as "acting white" - that is said to be rampant in black American. Colleges are very eager to admit, and give free-rides - to black kids who are high achievers. Those who are academically successful and the first in their families to apply to college are golden when it comes to admissions and financial assistance.

7 hours ago, com6063 said:

I'm curious which school he'll pick? Is Harvard still considered the number one school?

Columbia is my alma mater.

7 hours ago, com6063 said:

Imho it's Stanford.....

13 hours ago, Thirteen said:

Based upon their discussion, I'm pretty sure they would have called him obnoxious even if he were white.  But then again, I don't view everything through a racial lens.

I disagree with their assertion that he's obnoxious.  Good for him, even if it is a lot of wasted application fees.

The anchors are clearly lightheartedly calling applying to 20 colleges obnoxious, not the kid.

I’m understanding that maybe best thing for white people is just to not comment about black people’s actions at all.  They can do no wrong.  Just too risky that it will be misconstrued as racism.

5 hours ago, regularguy said:

Congrats to this kid and to the Gilman kid as well. It's great to see black students overcoming the disdain for education - scorning academic success as "acting white" - that is said to be rampant in black American. Colleges are very eager to admit, and give free-rides - to black kids who are high achievers. Those who are academically successful and the first in their families to apply to college are golden when it comes to admissions and financial assistance.

Agreed, there are now multiple stories like this - and I’m very happy for the kids and wish them the best.  I hope it inspires others to work hard in school — as all elite colleges fall all over each other to recruit high-achieving African-Americans.