Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tooldtocare

Trump is single handily destroying the republican Party

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

~~~~~~~~Trump’s Republican Party~~~~~~~~

Let this be a warning in spades, Trump is dragging your party through the pig farm slug pit. Please hold your nose, don’t breathe or open your eyes cause you be in the disgusted land of ooze.

If you don’t save your party from this blogger-butt you will not only lose what integrity you have but every seat in Congress.

Then again, maybe that is a good thing after all.

typo---- it's the Republicon party.,. sorry, my mistake

Trump has told more lies in his first year in office than all the previous Presidents put together

T r u m p ’ s   L i e s

Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have catalogued nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office. Updated: The president is still lying, so we've added to this list, taking it through Nov. 11, and provided links to the facts in each case.

Trump Told Public Lies or Falsehoods Every Day for His First 40 Days than all previous Presidents combined

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

Edited by Baltimatt
Putting linked material in quote

Good.  Now if he could somehow switch parties and destroy the other evil monster he could actually go down in history as a great man.  The destruction of the two party system would be something that should be celebrated as a national holiday.  Taking down one side is a great start.  If nothing else, when the democratic party becomes one party rule they will quickly become overbearing and power hungry and bring themselves down.  Once they are dead along with the republicans, the country might actually begin to heal and make some progress.  But the two cancers must be eradicated first.  

5 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Good.  Now if he could somehow switch parties and destroy the other evil monster he could actually go down in history as a great man.  The destruction of the two party system would be something that should be celebrated as a national holiday.  Taking down one side is a great start.  If nothing else, when the democratic party becomes one party rule they will quickly become overbearing and power hungry and bring themselves down.  Once they are dead along with the republicans, the country might actually begin to heal and make some progress.  But the two cancers must be eradicated first.  

Speak for yourself.

Trump was elected by the Republican party because there was not even one politician in their own party they thought reliable enough to run the party. Look how that has turned out.

I for one am not so spiteful of the Democrat party that I consider them a "cancer" and feel the only way to save the country is to do away with them. Again, that's Republican thinking and Donald Trump is what the country now has because of Republican thinking.

No sir,  don't spread that disease over here. Keep it over there and let us look for new people, of which whom we now have plenty,  who are more capable of running the country than grandstanding real estate investors from New York who can't tell the truth two times in a row and who on a near daily basis most of the country tries to protect itself from.

12 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

Speak for yourself.

Trump was elected by the Republican party because there was not even one politician in their own party they thought reliable enough to run the party. Look how that has turned out.

I for one am not so spiteful of the Democrat party that I consider them a "cancer" and feel the only way to save the country is to do away with them. Again, that's Republican thinking and Donald Trump is what the country now has because of Republican thinking.

No sir,  don't spread that disease over here. Keep it over there and let us look for new people, of which whom we now have plenty,  who are more capable of running the country than grandstanding real estate investors from New York who can't tell the truth two times in a row and who on a near daily basis most of the country tries to protect itself from.

You are entitled to your opinion.  Note that I did not say government was a cancer.  I believe our form of government with it's separate branches and checks and balances is a very good form of government.  It is the two party system that has corrupted it and polarized the country by turning people against each other.  A lot of people agree with me.  I don't think it is only a republican way of thinking.  The democratic party as a whole does not score significantly higher than the republican party on favorability ratings.  The proof is in the fact that more people now than ever before have registered independent or refuse to identify with either party.  If the trends continue, both parties will be marginalized in the future.  It will take some time, but it will be for the better.   

By the end of 2011, 40% of Americans identified as Independent voters, up 2% from 2010, and 5% in 2008. And rightly so. The president should be elected based on merit, not simply because he is a member of the most popular political party, or because his opponent was not. The increase in Independent voters demonstrates that a polarized two-party system no longer represents the majority of Americans, who are demanding an alternative to a system with such extreme divisions.

According to the most recent political poll from Gallup, frustration with the severe partisan nature of politics, and identification as an Independent, has reached a 60-year high. Support for the Democratic and Republican Party however, is at a 22-year low, with Democrats at 31%, and Republicans with only 27%. The same Gallup poll showed that by September 2011, 81% of Americans were unhappy with the way the country was being run, and “record levels of distrust in government and unfavorable views of both parties helped to create an environment that fostered political independence.”

https://mic.com/articles/3301/why-many-americans-are-registering-as-independents-instead-of-gop-or-democrat#.hZTtLkErW

5 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

You are entitled to your opinion.  Note that I did not say government was a cancer.  I believe our form of government with it's separate branches and checks and balances is a very good form of government.  It is the two party system that has corrupted it and polarized the country by turning people against each other.  A lot of people agree with me.  I don't think it is only a republican way of thinking.  The democratic party as a whole does not score significantly higher than the republican party on favorability ratings.  The proof is in the fact that more people now than ever before have registered independent or refuse to identify with either party.  If the trends continue, both parties will be marginalized in the future.  It will take some time, but it will be for the better.   

We are all entitled to our opinions. 

7 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

~~~~~~~~Trump’s Republican Party~~~~~~~~

Let this be a warning in spades, Trump is dragging your party through the pig farm slug pit. Please hold your nose, don’t breathe or open your eyes cause you be in the disgusted land of ooze.

If you don’t save your party from this blogger-butt you will not only lose what integrity you have but every seat in Congress.

Then again, maybe that is a good thing after all.

typo---- it's the Republicon party.,. sorry, my mistake

Trump has told more lies in his first year in office than all the previous Presidents put together

T r u m p ’ s   L i e s

Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have catalogued nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office. Updated: The president is still lying, so we've added to this list, taking it through Nov. 11, and provided links to the facts in each case.

Trump Told Public Lies or Falsehoods Every Day for His First 40 Days than all previous Presidents combined

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

No!!! The Republican Party is destroying itself by not reigning in their president.

8 hours ago, cprenegade said:

Excellent.

Thankfully a family member finally came to his senses, a bit late though. He voted for donald and has regretted it ever since. (knucklehead)

Republicans got their bigot....now wallow in the mud with him.

I think one of the reasons why Trump ultimately became president is because enough people desired an "attitude adjustment" in the republic party.  If the status quo had been preferred, someone like Jeb! Bush would have won the primaries.  That was probably going to happen until Trump showed up and crashed the party (literally).

9 hours ago, cprenegade said:

It is difficult to take seriously your professed belief in the separation of powers and checks and balances as I have difficulty believing that you opposed the GOP senates theft of the Supreme Court seat and the GOP House's neglect investigating the the executive branch's vast political and personal corruption.

3 minutes ago, microg said:

I think one of the reasons why Trump ultimately became president is because enough people desired an "attitude adjustment" in the republic party.  If the status quo had been preferred, someone like Jeb! Bush would have won the primaries.  That was probably going to happen until Trump showed up and crashed the party (literally).

What accounts for the acceptance of such a grotesque and corrupt individual?

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

What accounts for the acceptance of such a grotesque and corrupt individual?

Things like this.

11 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I've given up on both the GOP and DNC.  I spend election day at the pub.   Others protest via third party votes.  None of these have come close to dislodging the entrenched power of the two main parties.  

Frankly, I don't see them going away in my lifetime and that is sad.  

7 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

I've given up on both the GOP and DNC.  I spend election day at the pub.   Others protest via third party votes.  None of these have come close to dislodging the entrenched power of the two main parties.  

Frankly, I don't see them going away in my lifetime and that is sad.  

Very true ....with all the rules regarding being able to get on a ballot as an independent ...put in place and maintained by the two parties at both the Federal and State levels. Any real change is out of the question. Fortuanately, I understand that there are a few 'progressive' states (in the true sense of the word) that does allow for an independent to vote in primaries at least for Dems/Reps/or Indys. 

But they are far and few between. 

16 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Very true ....with all the rules regarding being able to get on a ballot as an independent ...put in place and maintained by the two parties at both the Federal and State levels. Any real change is out of the question. Fortuanately, I understand that there are a few 'progressive' states (in the true sense of the word) that does allow for an independent to vote in primaries at least for Dems/Reps/or Indys. 

But they are far and few between. 

The LP was on ballot in all 50 states and with one of the most toxic elections in memory they only got around 3% of the vote.  If people are really tired of the GOP and DNC then they have a funny way of showing it.

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

His admiration of tyrants? You may be right:

Both Trump and Republicans know that a enormous number of Americans have few problems with a racist, sexist, and authoritarian leader. In fact, a distressingly large number of Americans actually want such a leader and crave the opportunity to revel vicariously in such a leader's downright maliciousness.

So yes, Trump's ignorant and impulsive, but the important point is that the expression of his ignorance and impulsiveness is calculated to appeal directly to these people.

And it works. Trump's approval rating among Republicans is 86%.  Numbers that high rhat takes calculation. Not your kind of calculation, perhaps, but calculation nevertheless. That number is absolutely no accident and his rabid support among Republicans has been steady during this entire godawful presidency.

Link

Edited by hst2

11 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

The LP was on ballot in all 50 states and with one of the most toxic elections in memory they only got around 3% of the vote.  If people are really tired of the GOP and DNC then they have a funny way of showing it.

How many Americans do you think are in favor of open borders?

12 minutes ago, hst2 said:

His admiration of tyrants? You may be right:

Link

Nope.  That was your admiration of tyrants.   Way to miss the point.  Again.  As usual.  

11 minutes ago, Cameron said:

How many Americans do you think are in favor of open borders?

Who wants corporations to have greater monopolistic control over their markets?

3 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Nope.  That was your admiration of tyrants.   Way to miss the point.  Again.  As usual.  

Well, your link leads to an entire page. If there is a particular line from it you want read, you should produce it here. Otherwise, one might get the impression that you, yourself find your argument so weak that you're trying to keep it at arms length. That's usually the case anyway.

Your support for the tyranny of private property (wealth) is beyond dispute. Your equating Obama with Trump serves to normalize a grotesque and corrupt tyrant wannabe like Trump to come to power.

The ideas behind the Libertarian Party are crazy. All that is necessary to hold them is an arrogance that enables one to believe that no one else understands. That's pretty much is the whole package.

I do have a certain admiration for the last candidate. He seemed like an exception to this rule. He knew he was an idiot. Such candid self-awareness in a libertarian is rare quality , indeed.

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Well, your link leads to an entire page. If there is a particular line from it you want read, you should produce it here. Otherwise, one might get the impression that you, yourself find your argument so weak that you're trying to keep it at arms length. That's usually the case anyway.

Your support for the tyranny of private property (wealth) is beyond dispute. Your equating Obama with Trump serves to normalize a grotesque and corrupt tyrant wannabe like Trump to come to power.

The ideas behind the Libertarian Party are crazy. All that is necessary to hold them is an arrogance that enables one to believe that no one else understands. That's pretty much is the whole package.

I do have a certain admiration for the last candidate. He seemed like an exception to this rule. He knew he was an idiot. Such candid self-awareness in a libertarian is rare quality , indeed.

Faced with your own post about being thankful for authoritarian powers you deflect.  You won't even be true about yourself so why should I bother.   Trump is the perfect president for you.  Two peas in a pod.  

DO NOT CONGRATULATE!   Yet you did.

Edited by SemiAuto

3 hours ago, hst2 said:

It is difficult to take seriously your professed belief in the separation of powers and checks and balances as I have difficulty believing that you opposed the GOP senates theft of the Supreme Court seat and the GOP House's neglect investigating the the executive branch's vast political and personal corruption.

You are free to believe whatever you choose to believe.  You usually do anyway whether it is based in logic or fantasy.  The "theft" you are referring to was the GOP using their majority power and the fact that the rules state no time frame for voting on a SC nomination to squash a nomination they didn't want to go through.  Not in the spirit of cooperation at all, but perfectly legal within the system.  The same was true of democrats changing the rules of the senate so that they could use their simple majority to push through liberal nominations at the lower courts.  Again not quite the spirit of cooperation, but perfectly legal.  Both are shining examples of the dysfunction of government that can be laid right at the feet of the two party system.  

Trump is the epitome of and purest representation of the Republican Party. This is just the natural result of their ideology.

America' suffering is a win for them.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I agree there are problems with both parties for sure. The Dems are a gerontocracy and could use a shot of  new blood and they have drifted from their Labor roots.  But there's a systemic cancer in the republican party that has evolved Trump from years of heartless, hapless policy. Things like Anybody But Obama and the Birth Certificate movement which tapped into pure bigotry, Tokyo Rose propaganda outlets like Fox, Limbaugh and Breitbart which promoted outright lies, The lunatic fringe has taken over the GOP. That's nothing to do with Democrats and everything to do with the trajectory the party has taken at least since McCain brought Palin aboard as VP and as far back of Gingrich's polarity politics of the Clinton years.   

The problem with Washington in general however is money.  The way we know this is that no one in DC is even bringing the subject up of campaign finance reform. The American people may not even be able to articulate it but they know something is deadly wrong. Turn the spigots of cash down and the ties the bind candidate to corporation vanish significantly. Money won't vanish completely because humans have a corrupt side. But the normalization of graft needs to be cut to its knees.

Edited by zenwalk

The problem with Washington is money.  The billions spent on getting elected is obscene.  That said, it doesn't hold a candle to the nearly $4 trillion per year and $21 trillion in debt.  This sort of centralization of wealth, unsurprisingly, turns out badly.