SemiAuto

So you want to impeach Trump?

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here ya go!

A disturbing report published yesterday in the Washington Post suggests President Trump may not have really changed his mind. The Post’s Greg Jaffe reports:

[W]hen the [CIA’s] head of drone operations explained that the CIA had developed special munitions to limit civilian casualties, the president seemed unimpressed. Watching a previously recorded strike in which the agency held off on firing until the target had wandered away from a house with his family inside, Trump asked, “Why did you wait?” one participant in the meeting recalled.

The article is vague about when this incident occurred, but it seems to strongly imply that Trump, as president, discouraged the CIA from taking precautions to limit civilian casualties. If the reporting is accurate, and the implication behind Trump’s question accurately portrayed, it may indicate presidential advocacy of war crimes.

TL.DR: "To state the obvious, calling for the deliberate killing of civilians should be beyond the pale in American politics."

Chances of being impeached for this?   I'll put it around zero.  SSDD.

Edited by SemiAuto

You know how the president likes a good joke!

36 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Here ya go!

TL.DR: "To state the obvious, calling for the deliberate killing of civilians should be beyond the pale in American politics."

Non-issue.  I imagine the Trumpists would hope the same disregard for civilians would also be applied at the border.

"The article is vague about when this incident occurred,............"

Now, I wonder why it is vague......................

Maybe because it never happened and if they pinpointed a time it could be disputed 

1 hour ago, SemiAuto said:

Here ya go!

The man is a sick pup.

Maybe Donny thought they said it was a whore crime. 

Regarding this scenario, for what crime, exactly, would you seek to impeach him?

If this happened.    Wouldn't it be disturbing that information from a cia meeting was leaked to the press?

cia meetings should be the most secure, regardless of trump hate.

15 hours ago, overtaxed said:

...Wouldn't it be disturbing that information from a cia meeting was leaked to the press?

Yes disturbing. I admit that the story might not be true, BUT, 

the fact of the matter is this administration has not been able to maintain a stable team at any level. People at the innermost circle of the administration are undermining their "leader" and have been leaking at a volume and frequency that is unprecedented in history.

What happened to the notion that Trump was supposed to be a "stable genius" who was going to bring "business acumen" to the white house? It was bull-zit the whole time.

The most disturbing idea is that people are leaking these zingers because they're convinced the man in the oval office is either incompetent, a fool, or deranged. He has dropped the pretense of surrounding himself with "tell-it-like-it-is" advisors only ignore and humiliate them and has instead redoubled efforts on surrounding himself with "yes-men" and the crazies who remain like Stephen Miller. 

What can one do if one finds themselves in a situation like that and is able to maintain a shred of integrity? Leak.

18 hours ago, SemiAuto said:

Here ya go!

Trump ran on killing innocent people.

15 hours ago, overtaxed said:

If this happened.    Wouldn't it be disturbing that information from a cia meeting was leaked to the press?

cia meetings should be the most secure, regardless of trump hate.

Apparently we have some patriots working in government.

31 minutes ago, dogstarman said:

Yes disturbing. I admit that the story might not be true, BUT, 

the fact of the matter is this administration has not been able to maintain a stable team at any level. People at the innermost circle of the administration are undermining their "leader" and have been leaking at a volume and frequency that is unprecedented in history.

What happened to the notion that Trump was supposed to be a "stable genius" who was going to bring "business acumen" to the white house? It was bull-zit the whole time.

The most disturbing idea is that people are leaking these zingers because they're convinced the man in the oval office is either incompetent, a fool, or deranged. He has dropped the pretense of surrounding himself with "tell-it-like-it-is" advisors only ignore and humiliate them and has instead redoubled efforts on surrounding himself with "yes-men" and the crazies who remain like Stephen Miller. 

What can one do if one finds themselves in a situation like that and is able to maintain a shred of integrity? Leak.

I fail to understand how one maintains integrity by anonymously leaking information.

And I will ask again, for what, exactly would one seek to impeach Trump in the scenario presented in the OP?

2 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I fail to understand how one maintains integrity by anonymously leaking information.

And I will ask again, for what, exactly would one seek to impeach Trump in the scenario presented in the OP?

I am doubtful that Trump will be impeached and actually feel that might be counterproductive to the progressive cause. I am betting that Trump is doing far more lasting damage to the republicans than liberal democrats could ever hope to. Let him flail in his administration's incompetence.

As far as "maintaining integrity" goes. I guess how you view it depends on how you view ethics and responsibility. Does one respect an internal moral compass? Or does one just shut up and do what the boss says?

You clearly on the authoritarian side of things, so it's not surprising that you view leakers as lacking in integrity (even if the boss is nuts).

Impeach Trump for saying something vile?

Let me count the ways . . .

I want Mueller to complete his investigation and I don't want anything to short-circuit that goal - -not impeachment; not resignation.

28 minutes ago, dogstarman said:

I am doubtful that Trump will be impeached and actually feel that might be counterproductive to the progressive cause. I am betting that Trump is doing far more lasting damage to the republicans than liberal democrats could ever hope to. Let him flail in his administration's incompetence.

As far as "maintaining integrity" goes. I guess how you view it depends on how you view ethics and responsibility. Does one respect an internal moral compass? Or does one just shut up and do what the boss says?

You clearly on the authoritarian side of things, so it's not surprising that you view leakers as lacking in integrity (even if the boss is nuts).

I’m on the integrity/responsibility side of things.  Identify yourself, resign and go public.  Otherwise you’re s sniveling sneak.

16 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Regarding this scenario, for what crime, exactly, would you seek to impeach him?

To be candid....it is just one more thing to add to the ever expanding list of impeachable offenses.

Provided the next elections provide enough dem seats in the house....which it seems they will get. 

Well ....CHOOOOO CHOOOOOOO.. the impeachment train will leave the station at high speed. 

I can't even begin to imagine what would have happened to Obama if he did.....1/10000th of what the orange menace has done. 

10 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I’m on the integrity/responsibility side of things.  Identify yourself, resign and go public.  Otherwise you’re s sniveling sneak.

Submit that to Webster's dictionary....perfect for defining a politician. 

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

To be candid....it is just one more thing to add to the ever expanding list of impeachable offenses.

Provided the next elections provide enough dem seats in the house....which it seems they will get. 

Well ....CHOOOOO CHOOOOOOO.. the impeachment train will leave the station at high speed. 

I can't even begin to imagine what would have happened to Obama if he did.....1/10000th of what the orange menace has done. 

Really?  What offense occurred here, based on what is presented?

24 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Impeach Trump for saying something vile?

Let me count the ways . . .

I want Mueller to complete his investigation and I don't want anything to short-circuit that goal - -not impeachment; not resignation.

I agree completely.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Really?  What offense occurred here, based on what is presented?

Any person that condones blowing up civilians as collateral damage and that is OK.....is not fit to be the Leader of this country.

Whether he recants or not. 

Old saying 'You get only one chance to make a good impression'. And in my general experience (aka IMO) the first things out a persons mouth tend to reflect EXACTLY ...what that person thinks and feels. 

Take that as you will. 

Edited by Guido2

41 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Any person that condones blowing up civilians as collateral damage and that is OK.....is not fit to be the Leader of this country.

Whether he recants or not. 

Old saying 'You get only one chance to make a good impression'. And in my general experience (aka IMO) the first things out a persons mouth tend to reflect EXACTLY ...what that person thinks and feels. 

Take that as you will. 

I’ve been saying he’s unfit since he won the nomination.  Being unfit is not illegal.

55 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Well, sure, that's very noble. But as you may know, whistle-blowers tend to NOT fare well when putting themselves out there. This is career-ending stuff, at best, so it's really hard to judge someone for not being willing to step forward.

Also, remember, we're talking about tight-laced republicans here. Someone who has climbed up the ladder of power to the white house only to find out that the boss is a raging lunatic will instantly vaporize their career by publicly calling out some crazy zinger that Trump said. They're not going to be hired in conservative circles and democrats would treat them as a toxic asset. Unemployable either way-- unless they want to step completely out of politics.

I expect that there will be some more very public defections in the future, especially now that Trump is skirting with harming the economy over something stupid. 

Just wait a few years for an endless series of Frontline documentaries on PBS that will detail the magnitude of this mess and dysfunction.

59 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Yeah, that's super-villian-level stuff.

Tony Montana (Scarface) would not have approved!

).

Republicans will contribute to Trump's impeachment and removal if they get shellacked in November.

6 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

Republicans will contribute to Trump's impeachment and removal if they get shellacked in November.

I hear a tailor has been in and out of Congress as of late. Doing fittings for life jackets for when the rats abandon ship. 

I do hope for a blood bath....and I think it is coming....considering how many rats decided just not to run for re-election.