21 posts in this topic

Yacabonis? That's the best relief arm they could find? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Rasmus's baseball ability is on the DL as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Slidemaster said:

Sounds like Rasmus's baseball ability is on the DL as well.

Don't know about the sound, but my sight agrees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hays might be up (I'm not sure what he's doing in the minors right now) in the next month or so, or maybe Michael Saunders gets a chance. Personally, I'd rather see a younger player like Hays get on-the-job training than some re-tread on a minor-league contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They probably had to tell him what his injury was.  I knew a player once who was not injured and was placed on the DL. He told the team, "just tell me what I got." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, if we could just find a way to put Davis on the DL for, you know, the remaining years of his contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

They probably had to tell him what his injury was.  I knew a player once who was not injured and was placed on the DL. He told the team, "just tell me what I got." 

There were reports that both Orioles and Yankees doctors examined him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Hays might be up (I'm not sure what he's doing in the minors right now) in the next month or so, or maybe Michael Saunders gets a chance. Personally, I'd rather see a younger player like Hays get on-the-job training than some re-tread on a minor-league contract.

From what I've heard on the radio, the team prefers to let Hays be an every day player in the minors, rather than a bench/role player in the majors.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

 

Shuttle cranking early this year.  They are looking for players with options - thus Yacobonis - thus lost game last night.  Edgin or JRod the move, but they would have to stay, no options.  Bullpen a smoldering dumpster fire already.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Shuttle cranking early this year.  They are looking for players with options - thus Yacobonis - thus lost game last night.  Edgin or JRod the move, but they would have to stay, no options.  Bullpen a smoldering dumpster fire already.  

1 4 inning game definitely didnt do us any favors 

Hunter watch starts now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

1 4 inning game definitely didnt do us any favors 

Hunter watch starts now 

Yeah, I think Yacabonis was brought up strictly to take one in the ERA for the team if necessary.

I'm not sure about Hunter Harvey this year. With all the injury problems, he's only pitched 144 innings in four seasons, and none above A ball. That's a quantum leap to the majors, and I think the plan would be to let him build up innings in the minors before any promotion to the bigs. At the very least, he has to demonstrate he can get through a full season without any type of setback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

Yeah, I think Yacabonis was brought up strictly to take one in the ERA for the team if necessary.

I'm not sure about Hunter Harvey this year. With all the injury problems, he's only pitched 144 innings in four seasons, and none above A ball. That's a quantum leap to the majors, and I think the plan would be to let him build up innings in the minors before any promotion to the bigs. At the very least, he has to demonstrate he can get through a full season without any type of setback.

My hope is that they will follow your line of thinking with Harvey however.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potential replacement for Kolby and/or Santander off to a blazing start in AAA.  Saunders 1-11.  Just another retread that can't play anymore.  God, why do we continue to waste time on this kind of trash.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Potential replacement for Kolby and/or Santander off to a blazing start in AAA.  Saunders 1-11.  Just another retread that can't play anymore.  God, why do we continue to waste time on this kind of trash.  

I suppose the thinking is, it's better to have former ML players, who have had some degree of ML success, at AAA, than to have career AAA players and graduated AA players who were never good enough to make it to the show. These kinds of moves happen with every team. And they generally go by with little to no attention given. But that's because most teams don't bring up those players. The O's do, and that's why there's always such groaning heard, when a guy like Saunders is signed. It's because we know we're likely to see him later in the season. 

Remember when the O's signed Lew Ford. They had to give Thorne an extra bottle of in-game bourbon, so that he could reach the level of excitement they needed from him, the day Ford was brought up. Bordick, the obsequious soldier that he is, was able to achieve Lew Ford nirvana on his own.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, weird-O said:

I suppose the thinking is, it's better to have former ML players, who have had some degree of ML success, at AAA, than to have career AAA players and graduated AA players who were never good enough to make it to the show. These kinds of moves happen with every team. And they generally go by with little to no attention given. But that's because most teams don't bring up those players. The O's do, and that's why there's always such groaning heard, when a guy like Saunders is signed. It's because we know we're likely to see him later in the season. 

Remember when the O's signed Lew Ford. They had to give Thorne an extra bottle of in-game bourbon, so that he could reach the level of excitement they needed from him, the day Ford was brought up. Bordick, the obsequious soldier that he is, was able to achieve Lew Ford nirvana on his own.  

Yeah good point.  Guess I was just looking at Saunders stats from last year - horrible .202 avg, .256 OBP.   But he was very solid for the Jays in 2016.  I guess with Rasmus looking washed up, doesn't hurt to have more cannon fodder on deck for a LH corner OF.

Here is a novel idea.  How about finding a regular RF that can hit all pitching and is decent in the field.  You would think that player is extinct the way the O's have filled RF since Nick left.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Austin Hays gets his bat going and can be called up sooner rather than later. Mullins too.

Seth Smith is still available. Lead the team in OBP last year.

Saunders is finished, but we love players who are obviously finished.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pickle20 said:

Saunders is finished

 

He has a 'track record'  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That he does. That automatically will get him 300 AB's in Baltimore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now