Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

Tillman’s era is 8.65

69 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I do like watching Mancini hit. If you can speak of a "core" going forward for this dysfunctional franchise, Mancini and Bundy aren't a bad place to start. 

EDIT: It'd be nice if you could include Manny in that as well. 

Wouldn't it be something if the O's came back from big early deficits two games in one week? 

EDIT: Add Sisco to that group. 

Edited by catatonia

I had a dreadful relative whose middle name was "Tillman." I think his name was in homage to Ben "Pitchfork" Tillman, a notoriously racist senator from South Carolina during the late 19th/early 20th century. The relative was  the uncle of my mother, both of whom were fairly reprehensible characters. So "Tillman" to me has always had a nasty connotation. And I've always felt kind of sorry for Chris for having that as a surname. This is all totally irrational, of course, but if existence had a middle name, "Irrational" would be an apt one. 

11.91 three starts into the season. He hasn’t won a decision since May 7 last season, going 21 straight starts without a win.

It's time to give Harvey his shot. He can't be as bad as Tillman.

49 minutes ago, pitbull said:

11.91 three starts into the season. He hasn’t won a decision since May 7 last season, going 21 straight starts without a win.

And his WHIP is 2.82 - which means he is basically loading the bases every inning!! Wow....

3 hours ago, pitbull said:

Six more runs tonite. Hopefully, Tillman is released AND Big Dan is fired as a result of this debacle 

I am starting to think you are not very fond of Mr. Duquette. 

11 hours ago, Slidemaster said:

I am deadly serious when I say that Tillman is the most valuable player on this team.

I'm going with Davis. While Tillman can assure a loss every 5th game, Davis has the opportunity to sink the team each game. 

4 hours ago, weird-O said:

I'm going with Davis. While Tillman can assure a loss every 5th game, Davis has the opportunity to sink the team each game. 

He's my runner up. :)

16 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

My sentiments exactly.  Bring the kid up and see what he can do. 

13 hours ago, Gertrude said:

I am starting to think you are not very fond of Mr. Duquette. 

Well, he lies & he’s lousy at his job. Two big negatives.

15 minutes ago, pitbull said:

You still like buck???? If so, why????

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

You still like buck???? If so, why????

?????

Duquette assembles the roster. Not Showalter. 

I thought Trembley and Perlozzo and Mazzilli were lousy, because they made bad decisions with bad players.

Showalter has bad players now, like he did in his first full season here.

Dont understand your questions. It’s obvious they Duquette had gutted the farm system, he can’t judge pitching and he can’t assemble a lineup.

Its scary to think what would happen if he oversaw the “rebuilding” project that some want.

Edited by pitbull

7 hours ago, pitbull said:

The Orioles have been pretty good the last couple years. 

43 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

The Orioles have been pretty good the last couple years. 

?????

Specifically, please cite what Dan Duquette did in his capacity that resulted in the Orioles being “pretty good.”

23 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

He needs to build up innings first. Harvey's only accumulated 144 IP before this season, and none of them above A ball. I know it's tempting to want to throw him in there, particularly with the No. 5 spot being such a black hole, but facing a major league lineup is probably a lot tougher and more stressful than anything he's used to. That's how pitchers get hurt.

8 hours ago, pitbull said:

Gosh, and he speaks so well of you.

Seriously? Duquette lies? In what way? And please, not the OBP/leadoff hitter bit again. Every GM would like to have more of those types of guys, but you can't simply run down to your local orchard and pluck them off trees. 

Posted (edited)

Throwing Harvey in too soon would be something they would do.

Gotta save the season! :lol:

Edited by Mr. Buzzcut

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, pitbull said:

?????

Duquette assembles the roster. Not Showalter. 

I thought Trembley and Perlozzo and Mazzilli were lousy, because they made bad decisions with bad players.

Showalter has bad players now, like he did in his first full season here.

Dont understand your questions. It’s obvious they Duquette had gutted the farm system, he can’t judge pitching and he can’t assemble a lineup.

Its scary to think what would happen if he oversaw the “rebuilding” project that some want.

I get your point. He is accountable for some of this mess.  The reason I ask the question is that you seem to completely absolve Buck from any blame here.  Buck wanted Davis and Tillman and Trumbo  back and he pushed for it.  Well documented.  He brought Tillman, Cortes, Wright and Rasmus north this spring when there were better options.  He liked these guys, a lot.  That is well documented.  Ramriez, Harvey, Edgin, JRod, Pressley all would of been better.  In case you forgot, Buck picks the 25 man roster.  And he really sucked at it this year.  And he is the one who decides who plays.  Hello Tillman and Davis.  And he sucked at that decision.  Sorry this Tillman debacle would of had any other manager fired by now.  He has started 21 straight times with zero wins!!!  How can you defend a manager so delusional that he thinks this guy is going to turn it around??   Buck ruined last season with his idiotic managing (UJ/Tilly) and he is doing it again this year (Tilly, Wright , Cortes).  Earth to Buck - these guys can't pitch!!!   What more do you need to see Buck???

BTW, I want DD, Buck and Brady all gone by the end of the year.  Brady can stay if he sticks to being a personal trainer.

Edited by CROUSEMAN

1 hour ago, CROUSEMAN said:

BTW, I want DD, Buck and Brady all gone by the end of the year.  Brady can stay if he sticks to being a personal trainer.

None of that helps the team if you can't throw out the owner. 

12 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Gosh, and he speaks so well of you.

Seriously? Duquette lies? In what way? And please, not the OBP/leadoff hitter bit again. Every GM would like to have more of those types of guys, but you can't simply run down to your local orchard and pluck them off trees. 

So, let me get this straight.

Duquette says the same BS every offseason (seeking on-base guys, pitchers for starting rotation, etc), doesn’t do it (and knows he won’t) and that’s not lying?

Fans see right through that clown. 

7 minutes ago, pitbull said:

So, let me get this straight.

Duquette says the same BS every offseason (seeking on-base guys, pitchers for starting rotation, etc), doesn’t do it (and knows he won’t) and that’s not lying?

Fans see right through that clown. 

Why dont you get it

2 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

I get your point. He is accountable for some of this mess.  The reason I ask the question is that you seem to completely absolve Buck from any blame here.  Buck wanted Davis and Tillman and Trumbo  back and he pushed for it.  Well documented.  He brought Tillman, Cortes, Wright and Rasmus north this spring when there were better options.  He liked these guys, a lot.  That is well documented.  Ramriez, Harvey, Edgin, JRod, Pressley all would of been better.  In case you forgot, Buck picks the 25 man roster.  And he really sucked at it this year.  And he is the one who decides who plays.  Hello Tillman and Davis.  And he sucked at that decision.  Sorry this Tillman debacle would of had any other manager fired by now.  He has started 21 straight times with zero wins!!!  How can you defend a manager so delusional that he thinks this guy is going to turn it around??   Buck ruined last season with his idiotic managing (UJ/Tilly) and he is doing it again this year (Tilly, Wright , Cortes).  Earth to Buck - these guys can't pitch!!!   What more do you need to see Buck???

Seems like we have found middle ground. Yay for us!

43 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Can't hurt.  We know the owner sucks.  But so does his FO and Manager.  2017-2018  W/L 80-98 say they suck!!!

24 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Why dont you get it

Better start drinking early today Bleeder:D

47 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Good point because a new owner would sweep these guys out the front door as his first order of business.