Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

Tillman’s era is 8.65

160 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

A breaking pitch that he was throwing that the Tigers couldn't touch was described as a knuckle curve.  I didn't think he had that pitch.  Didn't Mussina throw that???

Yes, it was Mussina’s bread-&-butter.

27 minutes ago, pitbull said:

Yes, it was Mussina’s bread-&-butter.

Thx.  Whether the ESPN pitch tracker was right that it was a knuckle curve is debatable. 

On 4/27/2018 at 11:23 PM, ChippewaJoe said:

The only reasonable explanation is that he pulled a 'Joe Boyd', and made a pact with the devil tonight. 

It helped going against the schizophrenic Tigers. 

Even Ubaldo had the occasional dominant performance.  Long term, it means nothing. 

Five runs tonite yielded by Tillman so far.

But don’t worry fans, Big Dan Duquette is evaluating Tilly through Memorial Day. 

Watching Tillman and Davis really makes me sad.

They just can't do it anymore and it looks like they know it.

8 hours ago, Mr. Buzzcut said:

Watching Tillman and Davis really makes me sad.

They just can't do it anymore and it looks like they know it.

What is more sad, that they can no longer perform, or that the O's continue giving them chances to fail and embarrass themselves?

Tillman should have signed more than a one game contract with the devil.  Until he does, send him to the minors.

Its really amazing.  There were several on this board that said coming out of spring training , Tillman and Wright would be disasters this year and would help sink the season if Buck gave then a long leash.  Well, its early May and Tilly has an almost 10 ERA and Wright has almost an 8 ERA.  And the season is sunk.  Not all on them, but they helped.

I guess the point being, it didn't seem that hard to see that these two just aren't any good and couldn't be trusted as key parts of the 2018 club.  So why couldn't Buck. DD and Brady see it???  Blinded by loyalty.  Clean house baby Bros, clean house.  Your manager and front office are bordering on incompetence when you have 2 pitchers like this on your roster.

Posted (edited)

The cement is becoming more and more dry on that #1 overall pick 

So who will be in charge of making that pick?

Edit: Sorry #2 pick, I wasn't thinking about the Reds

Edited by weird-O

I see the Nats are getting nice production from Hellickson for 2 mil minor league deal.  Granted he had some bad outings last year with O's, but he did have 5 quality starts in 10. Tillman had close to zero QS in 19 starts.  Just saying, the O's evaluation of players is pathetic.  its all bound up by this stupid loyalty play.  Its so irritating.

Posted (edited)

Serious question... is there any other manager in MLB that will let a guy who is SO unproductive, SO damaging to the fortunes of the team, continue to go out and start regularly without consequence for SO long? It was 4 years of Ubaldo, ultimately throwing away a potential playoff run in the process. We're going on 2 years of Tillman now. Davis is a disaster at the plate but will still get 550+ plate appearances at minimum no matter how long he continues to flounder. Joseph even while only part-time, managed to set / shatter a major league record for offensively futility. 

It's just strange...

Edited by Ravens2006

17 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Serious question... is there any other manager in MLB that will let a guy who is SO unproductive, SO damaging to the fortunes of the team, continue to go out and start regularly without consequence for SO long? It was 4 years of Ubaldo, ultimately throwing away a potential playoff run in the process. We're going on 2 years of Tillman now. Davis is a disaster at the plate but will still get 550+ plate appearances at minimum no matter how long he continues to flounder. Joseph even while only part-time, managed to set / shatter a major league record for offensively futility. 

It's just strange...

There is no one else to play who has as good a chance to perform as those guys. That's the sad reality of it. Tillman and Davis, as bad as they've been, aren't blocking anyone. And they've got so much money tied up in Davis that they have to keep playing and hope you get some ROI. That said, Tillman should be gone. Eat the money and insert Hess. Can't be worse.

I can't think of any manager who would stick with Tillman. As for Davis, Pickle is right. As much as it pains us, with 4+ years to go, they simply have too much money tied to him, to give up on him. Very few teams could afford to bench a guy making that much money. But I'm smiling about that one, because that was Peter's personal project. I love that he's paying $25M/yr for nothing. Actually, I'm happy whenever Chris goes out and takes a big, old, runny Tillman all over the mound. Because that's Buck's guy. 

Keep 'em coming Chrissys. 

Posted (edited)

At this point you just need to get the season over with. Need people to eat innings. Doesn't matter if their ERA is over 5. Just get those innings over with. Tillman is doing the opposite of that.

Edited by Pickle20

1 hour ago, weird-O said:

I can't think of any manager who would stick with Tillman. As for Davis, Pickle is right. As much as it pains us, with 4+ years to go, they simply have too much money tied to him, to give up on him. Very few teams could afford to bench a guy making that much money. But I'm smiling about that one, because that was Peter's personal project. I love that he's paying $25M/yr for nothing. Actually, I'm happy whenever Chris goes out and takes a big, old, runny Tillman all over the mound. Because that's Buck's guy. 

Keep 'em coming Chrissys. 

Yeah, Tilly last 25 starts in 2017/18 he goes 2-12 with an ERA of close to 9.  Earth to Buck, its over man,  Someone from above just needs to DFA Tilly and be done with it.  Problem is, the guys who make that call are Brady and Buck and they are the dopes that handed out the 3 mil friendship ML deal.  Hey I'd rather see Wright start 2 or 3 more times as an absolute final audition.  Total long shot but the season is over, so who cares if he bombs  Then you need to look at Hess, Rameriez and definitely Edgin for the pen.  He could be a trade chip in July if he does well.  Bottom line Tilly needs to go and free up that 40 man spot.

1 hour ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah, Tilly last 25 starts in 2017/18 he goes 2-12 with an ERA of close to 9.  Earth to Buck, its over man,  Someone from above just needs to DFA Tilly and be done with it.  Problem is, the guys who make that call are Brady and Buck and they are the dopes that handed out the 3 mil friendship ML deal.  Hey I'd rather see Wright start 2 or 3 more times as an absolute final audition.  Total long shot but the season is over, so who cares if he bombs  Then you need to look at Hess, Rameriez and definitely Edgin for the pen.  He could be a trade chip in July if he does well.  Bottom line Tilly needs to go and free up that 40 man spot.

No argument here.

5 hours ago, weird-O said:

The cement is becoming more and more dry on that #1 overall pick 

So who will be in charge of making that pick?

Edit: Sorry #2 pick, I wasn't thinking about the Reds

I’ve read that Bobby Witt’s son, who plays SS, is a phenomenal prospect, but I don’t know that he’s up this year. 

I think the odds of the O’s catching the Cincunatta Reds are about as good as Alice Sweet finding a date.

Sad reading the title of this thread...now weeks later, and Tillman wishes his ERA were down to 8.65

Jon Meoli wrote a spin piece on Tillman. He mentioned that Tillman's $3M has no impact on the O's payroll, unlike Ubaldo did. And since the O's let UJ stay throughout his whole contract, how could they possibly release Tillman?

This is the message the Warehouse wanted us to read/hear. 

Posted (edited)

There's a very funny movie about a guy and his 10U rec softball team called All-Stars came out a few years ago. At the end he lets a girl bat with the championship on the line, a girl who rarely comes to practices or games, and is basically God awful and only there because mom brings her... sometimes... when it doesn't interfere with flute. He flashes back to his childhood to that ONE time he got the big winning hit with his favorite uncle watching... and decides he'll give her the same chance to make a memory. I won't give away how it turns out, but I can see Buck doing the same thing every time he decides to send a Tillman or Jimenez or Araujo or Miley, etc out to the mound.

Edited by Ravens2006

On 5/4/2018 at 10:41 AM, CROUSEMAN said:

I see the Nats are getting nice production from Hellickson for 2 mil minor league deal.  Granted he had some bad outings last year with O's, but he did have 5 quality starts in 10. Tillman had close to zero QS in 19 starts.  Just saying, the O's evaluation of players is pathetic.  its all bound up by this stupid loyalty play.  Its so irritating.

A few weeks ago, I watched Wall to Wall Baseball for some unexplained reason. I remember the idiots Tom Davis and Dave Johnson were making fun of the Nationals for signing Jeremy Hellickson. Those clowns have an inferiority complex with Washington. They were basically gloating he wasn’t good enough for the Baltimore Orioles, and Washington is now forced to settle for our scraps.

54 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Jon Meoli wrote a spin piece on Tillman. He mentioned that Tillman's $3M has no impact on the O's payroll, unlike Ubaldo did. And since the O's let UJ stay throughout his whole contract, how could they possibly release Tillman?

This is the message the Warehouse wanted us to read/hear. 

Stayed tuned for Roch to offer further justification of the matter. 

4 hours ago, Manny said:

Stayed tuned for Roch to offer further justification of the matter. 

Lol, yeah you got that right.  He is nothing but a homer and a hack.  I know he is paid by MASN, but my god how can he keep up the flimsy excuses.  I get a kick out of him trying to jump in on the comments section and spanking some of the readers for their constant criticism of Davis and Buck.  Like he is the only guy who knows baseball. He really comes off as the petulant little boy who thinks he is the smartest kid in the room.  

BTW,  Buck's support on the MASN blogs has eroded to about 90-10 against him staying on for next year.  A lot want him gone yesterday.

In an ideal world, the Orioles could have kicked the tires on AJ Cole after the Nationals waived him. He is far from an All-Star, but better than Tillman and Mike Wrong. Of course, they wasted a waiver claim on Jace Peterson. Thus they went to the bottom. Now Cole is on the Yankees 25 man roster. 

Hellickson’s ERA down to 2.28 after last night’s 6 2/3 shutout innings. But Stubborn Buck, and Big Dan knew better than to bring him back. I imagine Fat Tom and Homer Dave won’t bring him up again unless he struggles down the road.