Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

Tillman’s era is 8.65

150 posts in this topic

Just now, bleedingorangeandblack said:

LOL, don't look for that DFA just yet.  I guess 5 innings and 5 runs is decent for Buckeroo.  Seriously, anyone that watched his last 2 starts can see he is done.  His velocity is actually dropping - throwing a lot of 87 and 88 mph fastballs and his control even worse.  Wow Buck, just wow.

Hey, I just discovered this ray of hope:  His HR/9 is down to 2.0 from last year's 2.3!

Buck conjured up a fake injury, so he could keep his guy in an Orioles uniform.  

18 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Buck conjured up a fake injury, so he could keep his guy in an Orioles uniform.  

:lol: Yeah you would think giving a guy 3 million bucks would be enough of a severance package to DFA the guy.  They said he had an MRI and it confirmed the back strain, but they never said when it happened.  He sure didn't look in any discomfort in the dugout after he got yanked.  Whatever he is off the 25 man for a good while.  The only down side is we could probably use the 40 man roster spot for someone who has the potential to help, like a third baseman.  Tillman has no shot to help this team, zero.

Send him to the glue factory. Jesus. Get it over with already. 

6 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Send him to the glue factory. Jesus. Get it over with already. 

Buck still thinks he can get his mechanics squared away on a rehab assignment in Florida pitching to low A ballers, LOL!!!   Get Chrissy back in the rotation by mid June.  Buck will not admit he blew it.  Fall on his sword again for a guy who is washed up.  UJ all over again and again.  

3 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

:lol: Yeah you would think giving a guy 3 million bucks would be enough of a severance package to DFA the guy.  They said he had an MRI and it confirmed the back strain, but they never said when it happened.  He sure didn't look in any discomfort in the dugout after he got yanked.  Whatever he is off the 25 man for a good while.  The only down side is we could probably use the 40 man roster spot for someone who has the potential to help, like a third baseman.  Tillman has no shot to help this team, zero.

Peter Angelos looks at $3 million like other organizations look at $20 million. 

5 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

You knew the DL was coming.  You can set your watch to it.  One more shelling for Bundy and you can bet the house he'll be the next. 

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Peter Angelos looks at $3 million like other organizations look at $20 million. 

Good point.  Its possib;le the Angelos 3 told Buck and Brady that they couldn't DFA Tillman.  We're not eating the 2 mill plus.  You picked this turd so live with it.  But I'm pretty certain that Buck/Brady didn't have the brass ones to cut there good friend Tilly.

BTW, I looked up an article in the Sun in late Feb where DD was all in on Tilly.  We called him in Oct, he has a track record, we think he can bounce back, ect ect.  So he has a piece of this debacle that helped sink the season. almost before it started.

21 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

You knew the DL was coming.  You can set your watch to it.  One more shelling for Bundy and you can bet the house he'll be the next. 

Yeah after listening to Buck's presser I didn't think he would DFA Tilly.  Buck is very good with the creative DL fake injury.  Remember a couple years ago the O's had a roster crunch at the end of spring training and Jimmy Parades came down with a strained back right before the 25 man rosters had to be set.  He kicked around on a rehab assignment for 4-6 weeks I believe till someone else broke down.  That Buck is tricky.:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah after listening to Buck's presser I didn't think he would DFA Tilly.  Buck is very good with the creative DL fake injury.  Remember a couple years ago the O's had a roster crunch at the end of spring training and Jimmy Parades came down with a strained back right before the 25 man rosters had to be set.  He kicked around on a rehab assignment for 4-6 weeks I believe till someone else broke down.  That Buck is tricky.:rolleyes:

This was a classic Oriole fraudulent injury.  Last night, Tillman sat forward in the dugout for awhile after he was relieved.  He showed no signs of injury, and then...he has an MRI?  No way is that legitimate.  And if severe enough to notice muscle or ligamental damage on an MRI, then he would have been in pain, or showing pretty bad discomfort, and already back with the trainer after he was removed from the game.  

The O’s better be careful or they might start paying fines, losing draft picks, etc. if MLB started snooping around.

8 hours ago, Balmerboh said:

This was a classic Oriole fraudulent injury.  Last night, Tillman sat forward in the dugout for awhile after he was relieved.  He showed no signs of injury, and then...he has an MRI?  No way is that legitimate.  And if severe enough to notice muscle or ligamental damage on an MRI, then he would have been in pain, or showing pretty bad discomfort, and already back with the trainer after he was removed from the game.  

The O’s better be careful or they might start paying fines, losing draft picks, etc. if MLB started snooping around.

Nah, they're not in any danger of being investigated. The players' union would be the entity that would start asking questions. But since this is an action designed to keep the player employed, the union will look the other way. And the league itself isn't going to hassle them, because fake injury DL stints don't pose any threat to them 

19 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Good point.  Its possib;le the Angelos 3 told Buck and Brady that they couldn't DFA Tillman.  We're not eating the 2 mill plus.  You picked this turd so live with it.  But I'm pretty certain that Buck/Brady didn't have the brass ones to cut there good friend Tilly.

BTW, I looked up an article in the Sun in late Feb where DD was all in on Tilly.  We called him in Oct, he has a track record, we think he can bounce back, ect ect.  So he has a piece of this debacle that helped sink the season. almost before it started.

I don't think that's what's happening. Pete OKed the UJ DFA, and that would have been $20M. If Buck wanted to give up on Tilly, he'd be gone. But he doesn't  

2 hours ago, weird-O said:

I don't think that's what's happening. Pete OKed the UJ DFA, and that would have been $20M. If Buck wanted to give up on Tilly, he'd be gone. But he doesn't  

yeah that was my first take on it too.  Buck pulling the strings here.  Notice there was zero quotes from DD on Tilly going on the DL or who they were bringing up.  At least I didn't see anything.  Buck sure looks like he has slid into the de facto GM role, at least for 25 man player moves.

Hellickson pitched tonight on Sunday Night Baseball. 5 innings. 1 run, 3 hits. ERA down to 2.20. Stands to be winning pitcher if 4-1 lead holds. Another former Oriole, Mark Reynolds homered in his 2018 debut. I did not realize he was playing in the minors prior to tonight. He had a respectable 2017. 

UPDATE: Tillman’s era is 10.46.

I’m sure it had everything to do with his lower back strain...

In other DL news, Tim Beckham has been moved to the 60-Day DL and the Orioles have claimed infielder Renato Nunez off waivers from Texas.

I know nothing about this guy, but it appears he washed out with Oakland and was claimed off waivers by Texas in mid-April. Tons of power, but lacks plate discipline, and is not considered a particularly adept defender. Something tells me he isn't going to be the Orioles' savior.

For those who make the Renato Nunez story bedside reading, here's some further information.

An all or nothing hitter with a concrete glove. Buck must be swooning over the possibility of adding him to the infield.

14 minutes ago, weird-O said:

An all or nothing hitter with a concrete glove. Buck must be swooning over the possibility of adding him to the infield.

Another wasted waiver-wire pickup that puts us back at the bottom of the list. I would rather spend a claim on a pitcher. 

21 minutes ago, Manny said:

Another wasted waiver-wire pickup that puts us back at the bottom of the list. I would rather spend a claim on a pitcher. 

Hey DD has to do something to stay busy.  The waiver wire is all he has now.  Buck pulling the big levers now.  He is the only one commenting on the 25 man roster moves.

Tilly sitting on the bench today in dugout eating sunflower seeds, LOL!!!   Gutting it out with that sore back, :rolleyes:  Seems quite comfortable taking in the game today.

2 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Tilly sitting on the bench today in dugout eating sunflower seeds, LOL!!!   Gutting it out with that sore back, :rolleyes:  Seems quite comfortable taking in the game today.

And collecting a guaranteed $3 million to do so.

Just now, Pickle20 said:

And collecting a guaranteed $3 million to do so.

Nice work if you can get it.  I just find it so comical that Roch gets a daily update from Buck on Tilly.  Really, like who cares other than he never pitches again this year for the O's. 

2 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Nice work if you can get it.  I just find it so comical that Roch gets a daily update from Buck on Tilly.  Really, like who cares other than he never pitches again this year for the O's. 

Buck is holding on to Tillman so that in the event we make the wild card game, and it goes into extras, he can bring Tillman on to pitch the 14th inning instead of going to his closer.