Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calamari

NRA board member Ted Nugent: Democrats should be ‘shot like coyotes’

80 posts in this topic

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/nra-board-member-ted-nugent-democrats-shot-like-coyotes/

Nugent, a major proponent of gun rights and the Second Amendment, applied the same comparison to Hollywood and RINOS - the common acronym standing for Republicans in name only - during an interview on InfoWars’ The Alex Jones Show.

“Don’t ask why. Just know that evil, dishonesty, and scam artists have always been around and that right now they’re liberal, they’re Democrat, they’re RINOs, they’re Hollywood, they’re fake news, they’re media, they’re academia, and they’re half of our government, at least,” Nugent said according to conservative media watchdog Media Matters.

Nugent continued: “So come to that realization. There are rabid coyotes running around. You don’t wait till you see one to go get your gun. Keep your gun handy, and every time you see one, you shoot one.”

A legal gun-owner, I might add.

Yawn...........

met·a·phor
[ˈmedəˌfôr, ˈmedəˌfər]
NOUN
  1. a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
    "her poetry depends on suggestion and metaphor" ·
    synonyms: figure of speech · figurative expression · image · trope · allegory · parable · analogy · comparison · symbol · emblem · word painting · word picture · conceit

Posted (edited)

This sort of rhetoric is a trial balloon, you know the right is itching to do just this and they want to see how well it will be received.

America is destabilizing; these are the "interesting times."

Edited by Calamari

At what point would it be justified to shoot Ted Nugent and just call it self defense?

Remember that this is a man who sits on the board of a powerful organization with incredible impact on our political system and lives.

None of them have condemned what he says. Take that as you will.

Ted Nugent has been on the NRA's Board of Directors since 1995.  They've had almost a quarter century to remove him but haven't. 

That's an endorsement of his views by the NRA Committee that controls nominations and the members who vote and keep him on the board.

Claiming that his comment is a metaphor is laughable because he says things like that all the time. 

Nugent is also a poacher.  You can't support hunting if you support a poacher. 

Even after calling Obama a "sub-human mongrel" and calling NYC "Jew York city", the NRA keeps him on its board of directors.

You won't even find any official condemnation of Nugent from the NRA for such comments.

That's an endorsement by them no matter how anyone wants to spin it.

14 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Ted Nugent has been on the NRA's Board of Directors since 1995.  They've had almost a quarter century to remove him but haven't. 

That's an endorsement of his views by the NRA Committee that controls nominations and the members who vote and keep him on the board.

Claiming that his comment is a metaphor is laughable because he says things like that all the time. 

Even after calling Obama a "sub-human mongrel" and calling NYC "Jew York city", the NRA keeps him on its board of directors.

You won't even find any official condemnation of Nugent from the NRA for such comments.

Bravo... Ode2joy! I'm proud of you!

6 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Most all the NRAers that I know....not the ones in the chain of command....guys like myself that just want to shoot and be left alone....are not very pleased with what the NRA has morphed into. Many gun groups have expressed frustration with Ted for example:

Bob Owens, editor of the site Bearing Arms, said Tuesday, “Many people are calling for [Nugent] to resign from the NRA Board and for him to have his membership stripped from him. While I think forcing him out of the NRA entirely is a bit much, I do think he owes the world a sincere apology. If he can’t find that sincerity in his heart, then he has no business being on the board of an inclusive organization such as the National Rifle Association.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nra-ted-nugent-anti-semitic_us_56ba39f1e4b0c3c5504f06c8

Yes admittedly, for that moment I was thinking that Ted was normal....my bad. 

Poachers. I kinda miss what you are driving at.....is that a metaphor? Care to explain? I can see several different positons as to what you are saying and I would like to be clear before I responding.

As far as we peons being able to do something. Keep in mind....this is not a political entity where you might be able to get a recall. Or lobby. Yes you can say....vote by not joining the NRA. Well, as I said before, Unless you have land, live an area where you can shoot on the land, have mega bucks to go to EXPENSIVE private clubs that do not require and NRA memembership (most all public...average joe ranges do)....then you are SOL if you want to shoot.

So...sometimes you have to make a pact with the devil.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Ok...got it....you meant exactly what you said. 

He is a nutbag. 

I was kind of thinking in some strange way that you were equating being an NRA member as to being a poacher of some sort.

Just so you know. 

Thanks for the link. 

Edited by Guido2

37 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Not sure why the NRA keeps him on their BOD. His scabrous remarks are repugnant to I'm guessing 99% of the population. Who does he represent?

Just don't get it.

17 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Most all the NRAers that I know....not the ones in the chain of command....guys like myself that just want to shoot and be left alone....are not very pleased with what the NRA has morphed into. Many gun groups have expressed frustration with Ted for example:

Bob Owens, editor of the site Bearing Arms, said Tuesday, “Many people are calling for [Nugent] to resign from the NRA Board and for him to have his membership stripped from him. While I think forcing him out of the NRA entirely is a bit much, I do think he owes the world a sincere apology. If he can’t find that sincerity in his heart, then he has no business being on the board of an inclusive organization such as the National Rifle Association.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nra-ted-nugent-anti-semitic_us_56ba39f1e4b0c3c5504f06c8

Yes admittedly, for that moment I was thinking that Ted was normal....my bad. 

Poachers. I kinda miss what you are driving at.....is that a metaphor? Care to explain? I can see several different positons as to what you are saying and I would like to be clear before I responding.

As far as we peons being able to do something. Keep in mind....this is not a political entity where you might be able to get a recall. Or lobby. Yes you can say....vote by not joining the NRA. Well, as I said before, Unless you have land, live an area where you can shoot on the land, have mega bucks to go to EXPENSIVE private clubs that do not require and NRA memembership (most all public...average joe ranges do)....then you are SOL if you want to shoot.

So...sometimes you have to make a pact with the devil.

So despite all your talk, they and you still support them.

Might as well have saved your breath.

49 minutes ago, Calamari said:

So despite all your talk, they and you still support them.

Might as well have saved your breath.

Hey anytime you want to punch my ticket for 100 acre spread or pay my yearly range time at a private club....I will resign in a heart beat. 

I bet you also hate air pollution to....does that stop you from driving a car....taking a bus? Why aren't you walking?

Why does the NRA choose him to sit on their board and represent their murderous cause, then?

57 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Not sure why the NRA keeps him on their BOD. His scabrous remarks are repugnant to I'm guessing 99% of the population. Who does he represent?

Just don't get it.

Neither do I.  The lyrical content of his songs alone make the whole "family values" argument bogus when it comes to espousing them when it comes to someone like Nugent. 

He's run his mouth too often about things he did to avoid military service too.  Logically, you'd think he'd be one of the last people they'd want representing them and their ideals as a board member.  They can't have it both ways. 

He's also a buddy of Hannity from what I understand. 

No one should even joke about shooting people no matter how much they dislike them, and that's especially true of public figures.  Incendiary hate language is wrong no matter what a person's political leaning.  Saying that people should be ready to shoot Democrats on site goes way beyond stupid into dangerous territory. 

Maybe the government should confiscate Nugent's guns to be on the safe side if he said something that foolish and is too stupid to understand why such language is dangerous.

3 hours ago, Dinglehopper said:

At what point would it be justified to shoot Ted Nugent and just call it self defense?

Or to use another metaphor, one that's popular with the gun crowd , to "take out the trash."

17 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Just don't get it.

He represents the nutcases who go out and buy more guns after every mass shooting.

16 hours ago, hst2 said:

Or to use another metaphor, one that's popular with the gun crowd , to "take out the trash."

In my humble opinion Ted Nugent is the picture perfect definition of trash - and white trash, at that. That he actually has a following that agrees with the crap he spews is disgusting. 

Strange my post disappeared into a memory hole.

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Truer words.

I swear by all that is holy that I saw a video of Teddy killing a buffalo on his Michigan property that was tied in place with a rope.:rolleyes: 

That was decades ago and I can't find that video now to save my life, but I saw what I saw.

Ever since then I have a unhealthy hate for mister "kill it before you grill it" and look to him as the front man for all that is wrong with the NRA.

He is a punk that would crap himself ( again) if he had to face another person armed.

Edited by jonsensback

And yet there he is, a valued board member of a powerful political institution.

They're called 'deplorables' for a reason...

On 4/8/2018 at 2:10 PM, Guido2 said:

Hey anytime you want to punch my ticket for 100 acre spread or pay my yearly range time at a private club....I will resign in a heart beat. 

I bet you also hate air pollution to....does that stop you from driving a car....taking a bus? Why aren't you walking?

Wow sounds like you are equating the nra to air pollution