Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calamari

NRA board member Ted Nugent: Democrats should be ‘shot like coyotes’

80 posts in this topic

Just now, Ode2Joy said:

Does that mean that bars and restaurants, also regulated by license and government zoning, can discriminate and refuse to serve patrons who refuse to belong to organizations that are not based on race, color, religion, etc.? 

As I have often said I'm not a lawyer but if applies they can refuse service based on what organization you belong to the reverse should hold true as well. Of course as I am sure we both understand this refusal can't be based on a protected class. IIRC, there have been challenges based on the right to free association and these failed. You are free to be in an organization but the business does not have to serve you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Woodbuchr said:

As I have often said I'm not a lawyer but if applies they can refuse service based on what organization you belong to the reverse should hold true as well. Of course as I am sure we both understand this refusal can't be based on a protected class. IIRC, there have been challenges based on the right to free association and these failed. You are free to be in an organization but the business does not have to serve you.

Businesses like banks are now refusing to do businesses with lawful businesses like gun manufacturers and that is based on a political position that is very likely to hurt those lawful businesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Back to the original topic, why is a human piece of garbage still on the board of the NRA?

Don't its members have more integrity than to allow someone who says to say people should be shot to remain on the board? Of a friggin' gun association?

Edited by Pickle20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the NRA agrees with him.

And their supporters don't want to lose their gun club privileges, so they do too.

When the purges start, they'll be shooting democrats and saying "sorry, nothing personal we just don't want to lose our membership!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Apparently the NRA agrees with him.

And their supporters don't want to lose their gun club privileges, so they do too.

When the purges start, they'll be shooting democrats and saying "sorry, nothing personal we just don't want to lose our membership!"

There is zero accountability within the NRA and its members then.

Shame on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, mrsmlh said:

I find it interesting though that a lot of people who claim not to support everything the nra does but they still join it and do nothing to stop idiots like Nugent.  Are the ones in charge so strong that the lowly members cannot speak out against anything?

Byngo!

Just like state and federal politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Byngo!

Just like state and federal politics.

Does the NRA hold elections? Because if they don't, it's actually nothing like state and federal politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:04 AM, Dinglehopper said:

Interesting.  Why do they have to force people to join?

Not to split hairs or is it hares?

No one forces anyone to join the NRA. Now the range may require it but forced no.

In the same way they don't force you to join a range. Don't like he NRA then find a place that doesn't require it. Thanks to Wood...I discovered a range that is a COUNTY RUN range....so that makes two ranges in around an hours drive  from Woodlawn in MD that I know of .

So that leaves you...driving hours....owning your own spread....or high end high cost 'private ranges' if you want to shoot and don't want to belong to the NRA. 

Maybe coerced is a better word. 

In a perfect world with people in charge being totally neutral (law makers) regarding guns. I would imagine that someone with deep pockets could sue a range for the NRA requirement. In a way,...and this is a bit of a stretch....but.....much the way the baker was sued (and lost) for not being willing to bake a cake for a gay couple. 

His requirement that you be a heterosexual couple (think NRA requirement) was struck down because it is a public serving entity. The baker and the ranges(s) are public serving entities.

Yes an odd way to look at it.....but I don't think so odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Back to the original topic, why is a human piece of garbage still on the board of the NRA?

Don't its members have more integrity than to allow someone who says to say people should be shot to remain on the board? Of a friggin' gun association?

 

12 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Does the NRA hold elections? Because if they don't, it's actually nothing like state and federal politics.

He's elected time and time again because they support his positions and the things he says.  There's no other excuse or possible reason.

You're also right that it's nothing like state and federal politics.  In state and federal politics, you have two major parties and others going through a process to select candidates and party platform positions, and then they compete against each other in general elections.

NRA elections are just closed NRA elections. The candidates and platform positions are 100% NRA and vetted by their Committee.  No Committee Support means no chance, so you get someone like Ted Nugent on their board of directors and Nugent has been thoroughly vetted and approved as suitable to run and serve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:04 AM, Dinglehopper said:

Interesting.  Why do they have to force people to join?

I have brought up this question several times at my club meetings and with the main board of the AGC (Associated Gun Club, the range).

After I got the squirrel eye from them. The listed the following:

  • The AGC is and is striving further to be a 'world class' range. That means it must be up to spec for shooting events. Only the NRA is considered in the US to be certification entity in conjunction with the CMP (Civilian Marksmenship Program). So there is a lot of one hand washing the other and the individual is part of it.
  • Great programs like Wounded Warriors. Jr Airgun and small caliber and Women on Target are sponsored, supplemented and provide direction to make those programs happen. The NRA many times provides and offsets costs for things such as target and ammo. 
  • The NRA also keeps ranges up to date on the latest 'world class' (think Olympics) needs and requirements.  Sidebar: My club in particular has several ex-Olympians and has some 'up and comers' in the Jr ranks. 
  • To support and promote shooting sports (which was the whole reason and to me the only reason for the NRA) ..AND to promote education in general. The NRA has many scholarship programs so kids that might not go to college can....and kids that show exceptional skill at shooting can attend 'camps' to improve their skills so they too might be Olympic hopefuls.

These are the few things I remember. At face value ...they make sense. 

I guess I compromise myself in a way. I now look at the NRA as sort of like the force in Star Wars....the dark side and the good side. 

Now if we can get rid of the Evil Emperor(s)....

What episode is Star Wars now. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Byngo!

Just like state and federal politics.

So that would mean that enough members voted for Ted Nugent to be a board member and run the organization so following that logic, most members agree with him.  In my book that doesn't say much for an organization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

So that would mean that enough members voted for Ted Nugent to be a board member and run the organization so following that logic, most members agree with him.  In my book that doesn't say much for an organization.

Well that sad truth is that ....like people voting for gooberment officials ....turn out is not so hot. And that is the problem. 

I read an article ....which I wish I had bookmarked...but it said only like 8% of the NRA members vote for the board. I think the following backs that up: 

https://www.pagunblog.com/2017/04/30/2017-nra-board-election-results/

There were 135,118 ballots cast in the board election. However, 4,558 were invalid. So that leaves 130,560 valid ballots cast in the board election.

 Now, numbers vary.....but it is estimated that there are around 5 million NRA members.

So you do the math. Sad isn't it.

But it does validate I think what I have been saying all along. If it weren't for the NRA membership requirement I doubt many of those 5 M would join. 

Again according to another article I read....that 5M is again a very small percentage of ALL legal gun owners. My guess is ...that that 5M represents people such as my self that MUST join the NRA to shoot.....and I bet likely they all living on or near the coast in metropolitian areas....where you just can't go out to the desert and shoot. 

And no one says boo about it. 

 

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Well that sad truth is that ....like people voting for gooberment officials ....turn out is not so hot. And that is the problem. 

I read an article ....which I wish I had bookmarked...but it said only like 8% of the NRA members vote for the board. I think the following backs that up: 

https://www.pagunblog.com/2017/04/30/2017-nra-board-election-results/

There were 135,118 ballots cast in the board election. However, 4,558 were invalid. So that leaves 130,560 valid ballots cast in the board election.

 Now, numbers vary.....but it is estimated that there are around 5 million NRA members.

So you do the math. Sad isn't it.

But it does validate I think what I have been saying all along. If it weren't for the NRA membership requirement I doubt many of those 5 M would join. 

Again according to another article I read....that 5M is again a very small percentage of ALL legal gun owners. My guess is ...that that 5M represents people such as my self that MUST join the NRA to shoot.....and I bet likely they all living on or near the coast in metropolitian areas....where you just can't go out to the desert and shoot. 

And no one says boo about it. 

 

Like I said if the majority of the organization doesn't bother to vote against Ted Nugent or any other nut job on their board, they apparently agree with them.  Sorry that you think it validates belonging to an organization that you don't agree with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Like I said if the majority of the organization doesn't bother to vote against Ted Nugent or any other nut job on their board, they apparently agree with them.  Sorry that you think it validates belonging to an organization that you don't agree with

Not validating anything other than....like most voters....most don't vote.

I have outlined in many other posts why I re-upped and why many members join at all. 

I think you are kinda stuck on the idea that one can not belong....regardless...just not do it. 

OK ...try this:

  • Do you like paying high MD taxes? Hey just don't...or move
  • Do you like paying the Federal taxes? Hey just don't...or move
  • Do you like having to register your car? And insure it? Don't like it....don't drive or take the risk. 
  • Do you like having to have a drivers license for the privilege of being able to drive? Don't like it...don't drive or take the risk. 

The term 'You gotta pay to play' is very appropriate. 

BTW: I stuck in the 'car' stuff for a reason.....that is a privilege....like shooting a gun....think about that and get back to me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

So that would mean that enough members voted for Ted Nugent to be a board member and run the organization so following that logic, most members agree with him.  In my book that doesn't say much for an organization.

Nugent's been on their board for 23 years.  That's a standing endorsement anyway a person looks at it, especially in this day and age when people, especially many conservatives, call for term limits elsewhere.

There are also different levels of NRA membership.  One of the things they count on to raise money is knowing that many will become angry and pay for an annual membership when someone says or does something controversial or inflammatory, knowing that there will be attrition when those annual members don't renew. 

Members can only vote for those board members that the nominating committee vets and approves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The words of their own board member make it abundantly clear that the NRA is a terrorist organization.

So people are willing to support a terrorist organization just to avoid driving a little to a gun range.

thats a sad statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checking in to see how the gun ban is going. Have a good day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Just checking in to see how the gun ban is going. Have a good day!

Which gun ban are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Calamari said:

The words of their own board member make it abundantly clear that the NRA is a terrorist organization.

So people are willing to support a terrorist organization just to avoid driving a little to a gun range.

thats a sad statement.

Oh come down off your soap box with the "terrorist" foolishness. Nugent is a terrible human being but he is also a stupid human being who says stupid things. To try to plant the terrorist label on an entire organization because of one mentally deficient board member is ridiculous. I am not (and have never been) a gun owner nor would I ever be a member of the NRA, but to try to label them a "terrorist organization" is just partisan claptrap that your threw out there for some sort of dramatic effect - and failed miserably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FatBoy said:

Which gun ban are you talking about?

None whatsoever.  Apparently criticism of Ted Nugent makes some uncomfortable so they need to just make things up as some kind of deflection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Papi said:

Oh come down off your soap box with the "terrorist" foolishness. Nugent is a terrible human being but he is also a stupid human being who says stupid things. To try to plant the terrorist label on an entire organization because of one mentally deficient board member is ridiculous. I am not (and have never been) a gun owner nor would I ever be a member of the NRA, but to try to label them a "terrorist organization" is just partisan claptrap that your threw out there for some sort of dramatic effect - and failed miserably. 

Easily refuted by simply noting that the rest of the board has not condemned their respected colleague; ted nugent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Not validating anything other than....like most voters....most don't vote.

I have outlined in many other posts why I re-upped and why many members join at all. 

I think you are kinda stuck on the idea that one can not belong....regardless...just not do it. 

OK ...try this:

  • Do you like paying high MD taxes? Hey just don't...or move
  • Do you like paying the Federal taxes? Hey just don't...or move
  • Do you like having to register your car? And insure it? Don't like it....don't drive or take the risk. 
  • Do you like having to have a drivers license for the privilege of being able to drive? Don't like it...don't drive or take the risk. 

The term 'You gotta pay to play' is very appropriate. 

BTW: I stuck in the 'car' stuff for a reason.....that is a privilege....like shooting a gun....think about that and get back to me. 

 

OK...try this: & 

No don't like paying high MD taxes so I vote against them don't sit back, do nothing and then say I don't agree with them.

No don't like paying Federal taxes so  I vote against them don't sit back, do nothing and then say I don't agree with them.

Yes actually I like having my car registered because it's easier if it gets stolen. Also don't mind having it insured so if somethings happens I don't have to go into debt to pay for it.

Yes I do like having a driver's license because it means that I've studied the rules of the road and have taken a test to prove that I should be allowed to drive a car.

Now you cannot say the same things about guns or belonging to the nra so try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

OK...try this: & 

No don't like paying high MD taxes so I vote against them don't sit back, do nothing and then say I don't agree with them.

No don't like paying Federal taxes so  I vote against them don't sit back, do nothing and then say I don't agree with them.

Yes actually I like having my car registered because it's easier if it gets stolen. Also don't mind having it insured so if somethings happens I don't have to go into debt to pay for it.

Yes I do like having a driver's license because it means that I've studied the rules of the road and have taken a test to prove that I should be allowed to drive a car.

Now you cannot say the same things about guns or belonging to the nra so try again.

And guess what.....you agree with me.

I don't sit back...I vote...I voice against NRA propaganda.

If you substitute gun for whatever noun you used above....we are doing the same thing.

And ;you like having you car registered....my guns are registered.

You like having your license....I have mine for guns i various ways.

But most importantly, I like shooting my guns like you like driving your cars....and both of us have to do all these things so we can and pay fees and jump through hoops and bytch......but we still do drive and shoot. 

So we are on the same page. Just different inanimate objects. ;):D

BTW I drive because I have to....not cause I want to. Talk to my brother in law if you want a person who just loves to drive and drive and drive and........

I think he is crazy myself...should have been a cross country trucker instead of a Special Ed teacher....and excellent one I will add. 

 

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

And guess what.....you agree with me.

I don't sit back...I vote...I voice against NRA propaganda.

If you substitute gun for whatever noun you used above....we are doing the same thing.

And ;you like having you car registered....my guns are registered.

You like having your license....I have mine for guns i various ways.

But most importantly, I like shooting my guns like you like driving your cars....and both of us have to do all these things so we can and pay fees and jump through hoops and bytch......but we still do drive and shoot. 

So we are on the same page. Just different inanimate objects. ;):D

BTW I drive because I have to....not cause I want to. Talk to my brother in law if you want a person who just loves to drive and drive and drive and........

I think he is crazy myself...should have been a cross country trucker instead of a Special Ed teacher....and excellent one I will add. 

 

We were not talking abut that and we weren't talking about paying taxes, etc.  I do not see that owning and driving a car is equal to owning and shooting a gun.  Probably close to 9 out of 10 people, own and drive a car because they have to because of where they live and/or work.  That cannot be said about gun owners/shooters.

Did you vote against Ted Nugent?  Have you voted against the re-election board members of the nra whom you disagree with? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrsmlh said:

We were not talking abut that and we weren't talking about paying taxes, etc.  I do not see that owning and driving a car is equal to owning and shooting a gun.  Probably close to 9 out of 10 people, own and drive a car because they have to because of where they live and/or work.  That cannot be said about gun owners/shooters.

Did you vote against Ted Nugent?  Have you voted against the re-election board members of the nra whom you disagree with? 

In reverse order.

As I have said more times than I can count....I do not recall voting for him....period.

No we are talking about things that one has to do...to able to do the things they want. Taxes are part of the equation....without gas tax...you have no roads...without federal and state reallocation of other taxes....there would be no roads. I pay my way for a piece of land (range) so I can shoot.... I also pay taxes so you and I can drive on roads. YOU don't pay one dime toward my range.

And this "I do not see that owning and driving a car is equal to owning and shooting a gun." Says to me....after all the explanations....that your mind is a closed book on this ...and Jesus himself could come down and say 'It is OK to have guns'....and you wouldn't change your mind. 

Which is pretty much consistent with anti-gunners. This started about taking about the nutbag Nugent....but as always ....the true colors come out. It is not anti-nugent ...it is not anti-NRA.....it is anti-gun. It may start out as the other topics ...but the end result is 'no guns'.

Lets work on no criminals on the streets first....then we'll talk about no guns FOR LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0