Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calamari

NRA board member Ted Nugent: Democrats should be ‘shot like coyotes’

80 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

In reverse order.

As I have said more times than I can count....I do not recall voting for him....period.

No we are talking about things that one has to do...to able to do the things they want. Taxes are part of the equation....without gas tax...you have no roads...without federal and state reallocation of other taxes....there would be no roads. I pay my way for a piece of land (range) so I can shoot.... I also pay taxes so you and I can drive on roads. YOU don't pay one dime toward my range.

And this "I do not see that owning and driving a car is equal to owning and shooting a gun." Says to me....after all the explanations....that your mind is a closed book on this ...and Jesus himself could come down and say 'It is OK to have guns'....and you wouldn't change your mind. 

Which is pretty much consistent with anti-gunners. This started about taking about the nutbag Nugent....but as always ....the true colors come out. It is not anti-nugent ...it is not anti-NRA.....it is anti-gun. It may start out as the other topics ...but the end result is 'no guns'.

Lets work on no criminals on the streets first....then we'll talk about no guns FOR LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. 

Sorry but you are wrong, again.  I really don't care if you or anyone else who is mentally competent owns and shoots guns.  I think the comparison of guns and cars is ridiculous because cars are a necessity to a lot of people but guns are not.  I'm anti Nugent and by extension nra the fact that you are not is your problem not mine.  The fact that when someone doesn't agree with you that the nra is a necessary organization and that it does good things DOES NOT make that person anti-gun just anti nra's agenda. Sorry that you can't see that because you have apparently been brainwashed by your nra.  

6 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Sorry but you are wrong, again.  I really don't care if you or anyone else who is mentally competent owns and shoots guns.  I think the comparison of guns and cars is ridiculous because cars are a necessity to a lot of people but guns are not.  I'm anti Nugent and by extension nra the fact that you are not is your problem not mine.  The fact that when someone doesn't agree with you that the nra is a necessary organization and that it does good things DOES NOT make that person anti-gun just anti nra's agenda. Sorry that you can't see that because you have apparently been brainwashed by your nra.  

mrs.... I have a lot of respect for  you.

But you are pushing the envelope here. 

This statement; 'The fact that when someone doesn't agree with you that the nra is a necessary organization' ...well points out how you are not listening....AGAIN!

I will try one more time; Do you need a license to drive your car? Answer:  YES. 

Who is the entity that provides the license? Answer: the state

Do I need a license (range pass) to shoot? Answer: YES

Who is the entity that provides me the opportunity to get my pass? Answer: the NRA

In both cases ....yours and mine.... I am perfectly sure that you could drive as well as you do now without a license. I in turn could shoot in my small backyard and not have a problem.

But in both cases certain laws and criteria have to be met. Because we obey the rules. We may not like the rules but we do..

One last time....I wish that I could just go to any range pay my range fees and be done with it....but I can't. Much like you can't just get in your car legally without a valid license. 

Like most everything in life we have to make a pact with the devil....like it or not. 

15 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

mrs.... I have a lot of respect for  you.

But you are pushing the envelope here. 

This statement; 'The fact that when someone doesn't agree with you that the nra is a necessary organization' ...well points out how you are not listening....AGAIN!

I will try one more time; Do you need a license to drive your car? Answer:  YES.  I NEED A CAR TO GET TO WORK, DOCTORS, ETC. BECAUSE OF WHERE I LIVE THEREFORE A CAR IS A NECESSITY

Who is the entity that provides the license? Answer: the state

Do I need a license (range pass) to shoot? Answer: YES  NO YOU DO NOT NEED A GUN LICENSE TO SHOOT, YOU CAN GO TO A RANGE THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE NRA MEMBERSHIP AND ALSO A GUN AND SHOOTING IS NOT A NECESSITY IT IS A FUN PASTIME.

Who is the entity that provides me the opportunity to get my pass? Answer: the NRA

gu

In both cases ....yours and mine.... I am perfectly sure that you could drive as well as you do now without a license. I in turn could shoot in my small backyard and not have a problem.

But in both cases certain laws and criteria have to be met. Because we obey the rules. We may not like the rules but we do..

One last time....I wish that I could just go to any range pay my range fees and be done with it....but I can't. Much like you can't just get in your car legally without a valid license. 

Like most everything in life we have to make a pact with the devil....like it or not. 

I apologize for answering within your quoted post but I found it easier to do it that way.

I especially do not like this paragraph from you post:And this "I do not see that owning and driving a car is equal to owning and shooting a gun." Says to me....after all the explanations....that your mind is a closed book on this ...and Jesus himself could come down and say 'It is OK to have guns'....and you wouldn't change your mind. 

Why did you say that I was an anti-gunner?  Simply because I showed you how your equating owning/driving a car and owning/shooting a gun are not the same.

5 hours ago, Calamari said:

Easily refuted by simply noting that the rest of the board has not condemned their respected colleague; ted nugent.

Still just more of your foolishness. The NRA is NOT a "terrorist organization" no matter how you try to spin it. You are just being obtuse. 

I'll give you this. At least you are consistent. Strange, but consistent. 

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

I apologize for answering within your quoted post but I found it easier to do it that way.

I especially do not like this paragraph from you post:And this "I do not see that owning and driving a car is equal to owning and shooting a gun." Says to me....after all the explanations....that your mind is a closed book on this ...and Jesus himself could come down and say 'It is OK to have guns'....and you wouldn't change your mind. 

Why did you say that I was an anti-gunner?  Simply because I showed you how your equating owning/driving a car and owning/shooting a gun are not the same.

I feel a gun is necessity to be able to defend my home and property. I feel it is necessity to be able to hunt.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY A NECESSITY TO MAINTAIN MY SHOOTING SKILLS. Which requires a range.

Oh and you don't need a car to shop or go to the Dr.s.... Most everything can be purchased and delivered to your  door that you might need. You can always take a cab or bus or call MTA if you meet the requirements for a ride.

So again we agree.....are these things that we  (the I above) might want to  really necessary? Your car...my guns.....probably not. 

But WE (the I) want and enjoy them. 

So lets say we agree to disagree and move on.......or is it we agree to agree....and move on. 

Edited by Guido2