Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonzoliberal

Michael Cohen, Trump's lawyer, has offices raided by federal agents

130 posts in this topic

from a live CNN feed.

uh-huh...

I put a link over on the other thread...

That guy should be disbarred.

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan obtained the search warrant after receiving a referral from the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, according to Mr. Cohen’s lawyer, who called the search “completely inappropriate and unnecessary.” The search does not appear to be directly related to Mr. Mueller’s investigation, but likely resulted from information he had uncovered and gave to prosecutors in New York.

“Today the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York executed a series of search warrants and seized the privileged communications between my client, Michael Cohen, and his clients,” said Stephen Ryan, his lawyer. “I have been advised by federal prosecutors that the New York action is, in part, a referral by the Office of Special Counsel, Robert Mueller.”

The payments to Ms. Clifford are only one of many topics being investigated, according to a person briefed on the search. The F.B.I. also seized emails, tax documents and business records, the person said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/09/us/politics/fbi-raids-office-of-trumps-longtime-lawyer-michael-cohen.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=66799166&pgtype=Homepage

Wonder how the Don will respond this time?  Twitttter storm?  Fire a cabinet member or two? .....

couldn't have been done without DOJ permission....Sessions had got some explaining to do....

tax documents...that could be interesting as well....

34 minutes ago, Norman said:

Wonder how the Don will respond this time?  Twitttter storm?  Fire a cabinet member or two? .....

Attack Syria. 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

I would question who told him this was coming.....having my lawyer's office raided would cause a great deal of concern....can't wait for the tweets...

Well this bird said he'd take a bullet for Trump...could be rug cuttin' time! (Pardon the mixed metaphor!)

Edited by ms maggie

Says who?

8 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Says who?

Who's on first?

The Russian thingy is going to break wide open now!

Interesting.

"Mueller brought information involving Cohen to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who decided that the inquiry should be handled by federal prosecutors in New York, according to a person familiar with the situation."

The fed prosecutor for the southern district of NY, who approved this, is a Trump appointee.

All the news reports saying "the bar is very high" for approving a raid on any lawyer's office, let alone Cohen's.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-09/fbi-raids-office-of-trump-lawyer-michael-cohen-in-mueller-probe

1 hour ago, ms maggie said:

Well this bird said he'd take a bullet for Trump...could be rug cuttin' time!

listening to the giant orange dotard whining about witch hunts,,,blaming sessions....blaming hillary...blaming obama....complaining about the length of the investigation (he forgets about Watergate)....he's demonstrating the perfect example of "whataboutism".....if I were sessions and rosenstein, I'd be polishing my resume...

12 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

Ah, the old "I am the state" line, popular with monarchs and fascists.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Lombardi6 said:

The Russian thingy is going to break wide open now!

I just watched Trumps diatribe ....he hair is messed up....its  coming...the final meltdown.

Look for him to try and fire Muller or or.

He is so dumb Trump doesn't realize that Muller laid a 'constitutional crisis' mouse trap. I can't wait for the rat to bite.

Party over if he does. 

Edited by Baltimatt

Just now, Guido2 said:

I just watched Trumps diatribe ....he hair is messed up....its  coming...the final meltdown.

Look for him to try and fire Muller or or.

He is so f'n dumb Trump doesn't realize that Muller laid a 'constitutional crisis' mouse trap. I can't wait for the rat to bite.

Party over if he does. 

Don't know if you read anything into body language, but noticed how Trump kept his armed tightly crossed the whole time. Classic defensive posture.

Imagine being one of the military bigwigs sitting there watching this guy just melt down, rambling on. 

YIKES!!

14 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

listening to the giant orange dotard whining about witch hunts,,,blaming sessions....blaming hillary...blaming obama....complaining about the length of the investigation (he forgets about Watergate)....he's demonstrating the perfect example of "whataboutism".....if I were sessions and rosenstein, I'd be polishing my resume...