Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
85Knight

The O's are getting no hit heading into the 8th

54 posts in this topic

The Orioles lose!  4-8!

At their current pace, the O's will finish at 54-108.  Probably in line for the FIRST PICK.  This is going to be a magical season!

Just now, Mr. Buzzcut said:

I wish they would bench Davis.

In a purely human sense, watching him is making me sad.

It's painful to watch right now.

1 minute ago, Mr. Buzzcut said:

He's a complete waste of space.

1 minute ago, JoyinMudville said:

It's painful to watch right now.

It's like Garrett Atkins.

Gotta be encouraged by Cashner and Bundy. Let's hope Cobb comes as advertised as well.

Posted (edited)

Really, once Crusher hits a couple HRs it'll all be good. Hit homeruns!!! Swing harder!

Edited by Ravens2006

That's just a brutal loss.  Offense lousy, Defense below average and bullpen shaky.  Hard to believe that when Cobb gets in rotation, starting pitching might be the strength of this team.  If they could just can Tilly/Wright in the fifth spot,  it could be really good. Right now they are 1-3 in games they have started and the win was a miracle comeback down 5-0 in first.  

The offense is truly one-dimensional, isn’t it. The way Big Dan likes it.

1 hour ago, pitbull said:

The offense is truly one-dimensional, isn’t it. The way Big Dan likes it.

Right now, they're almost non-dimensional.  They're truly taking it to a new level of futility.  

5 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

Right now, they're almost non-dimensional.  They're truly taking it to a new level of futility.  

If you break down the position guys on the roster, the talent level is pretty poor.  A lot of journeyman and young guys not ready for prime time.  Mancini, Manny, Schoop and AJ is about all you have that you can count on consistently.  Sad.

Everyone except Mancini (and maybe Machado) are having horrible AB's.

Cisco had a good AB last night, got the RBI.

Everyone else has no clue at the plate.

10 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Gotta be encouraged by Cashner and Bundy. Let's hope Cobb comes as advertised as well.

Can they hit?

2 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

That's just a brutal loss.  Offense lousy, Defense below average and bullpen shaky.  Hard to believe that when Cobb gets in rotation, starting pitching might be the strength of this team.  If they could just can Tilly/Wright in the fifth spot,  it could be really good. Right now they are 1-3 in games they have started and the win was a miracle comeback down 5-0 in first.  

Both games of this series have been brutal. You're wasting solid pitching. All you have to do is work counts and scratch a few runs. Can't even do that.

12 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

If you break down the position guys on the roster, the talent level is pretty poor.  A lot of journeyman and young guys not ready for prime time.  Mancini, Manny, Schoop and AJ is about all you have that you can count on consistently.  Sad.

Schoop has looked awful so far this year...over-matched, guessing, he looks like a rookie again.

1 minute ago, Pickle20 said:

Schoop has looked awful so far this year...over-matched, guessing, he looks like a rookie again.

Schoop reading his press clippings over the winter.  Got a big head.  Just like Manny last year first half,  he has fallen in love with the bomb. Zero plate discipline.  

11 hours ago, Mr. Buzzcut said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

Everyone except Mancini (and maybe Machado) are having horrible AB's.

Cisco had a good AB last night, got the RBI.

Everyone else has no clue at the plate.

I wonder if it’s an organizational philopophy. It’s very clear opposing pitchers know how to get the O’s out.

2 minutes ago, pitbull said:

I wonder if it’s an organizational philopophy. It’s very clear opposing pitchers know how to get the O’s out.

It's a result of the organization philosophy. Low OBP, high power, high strikeout hitters. Paying off in spades.

I hope they don't change this year.  My secret to winning my fantasy leagues is starting any pitcher who faces the Orioles.

Both games have been brutal. No doubt.

Schoop is going to be fine.

Machado is going to have a very good year

---

Just about every team, with the exception of 108 game winners, is going to have 10 game stretches where they look awful. It's just magnified at the beginning of the year.

The only person I am genuinely worried about at this point is Davis and that's because he seems to be continuing on a downward trajectory.

11 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

The only person I am genuinely worried about at this point is Davis and that's because he seems to be continuing on a downward trajectory.

There is no “seems to be” about it.

32 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

Both games have been brutal. No doubt.

Schoop is going to be fine.

Machado is going to have a very good year

---

Just about every team, with the exception of 108 game winners, is going to have 10 game stretches where they look awful. It's just magnified at the beginning of the year.

The entire offense is a legit concern.

Davis has passed the 2 year and 1 month marker. It's no longer a trend, it's who he is now. 

10 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Zero plate discipline.  

The last player we had with any plate discipline was Markakis and we all remember how that went.