Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Struds

Double Homicide in Towson

52 posts in this topic

One odd part of this story is that apparently neither victim lived at the apartment in which they were found.

"Baltimore County Police on Wednesday named the two men who were found dead Monday in an apartment on Lambourne Road in Towson.

The victims were identified as Stanley B. Brunson Jr., 29, of the 1500 block of E. Northern Parkway and Shameek Davone Joyner, 28, of the 5300 block of Leith Road, police said.

A maintenance worker at the 20 Lambourne Apartments called police Monday morning after finding the two men dead in a fifth-floor apartment, according to police. The men suffered trauma to their upper bodies, police said Wednesday.

Police have not described what type of trauma the men suffered.

Police said investigators believe the men were targeted, and that there is not a threat to the general public.

Towson University police sent out a notice to students, faculty and staff as a precaution, but university spokesman Sean Welsh said Wednesday that neither man attended or worked for the university."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bs-md-co-towson-homicide-update-20180410-story.html

Can't wait till they backtrack where these guys origionally or still did ...live. 

My bet is???????????????????????????????????????????????????

31 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Can't wait till they backtrack where these guys origionally or still did ...live. 

My bet is???????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm more interested in knowing whose name the apartment lease was listed. He/She just might be a suspect.

1 hour ago, Struds said:

I'm more interested in knowing whose name the apartment lease was listed. He/She just might be a suspect.

Probably in a nice hotel room hundreds and hundreds of miles from here. 

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bs-md-co-towson-homicide-update-20180410-story.html

Baltimore County Police on Wednesday named the two men who were found dead Monday in an apartment on Lambourne Road in Towson.

The victims were identified as Stanley B. Brunson Jr., 29, of the 1500 block of E. Northern Parkway and Shameek Davone Joyner, 28, of the 5300 block of Leith Road, police said.

A maintenance worker at the 20 Lambourne Apartments called police Monday morning after finding the two men dead in a fifth-floor apartment, according to police. The men suffered trauma to their upper bodies, police said Wednesday.

Wow .... I am absolutely shocked.....both from the city. :rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, Struds said:

Odd, this appears to be exactly what I posted earlier. More proof my stuff posts in invisible ink I guess. 😁

Sorry, I was responding to Guido's post, since he didn't seem to know where they were from.

18 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Sorry, I was responding to Guido's post, since he didn't seem to know where they were from.

No worries Matt. 

Looks like a couple of long time criminals.  Especially Mr Brunson.

The scary part is that this happened in a community full of students and seniors.  

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

The scary part is that this happened in a community full of students and seniors.  

The disease is spreading.

Here in the Woodlawn district there has been an uptick in crime ....violent especially. Almost every time the cops do get the thugs...guess where they recently or are living....the city. 

Follow the money. Guess they figured out the city is tapped out for street crime. 

Edited by Guido2

I am not sure what your take is on this. Is there some suggestion that violent crime and murders do not happen in the leafy 'burbs of Baltimore County. The story I have read is that two people who do not live in the county were killed there.  . . . By, presumably a county resident. 

Is there some excuse already being formed that "well, they were new to the county", or "They must have moved out from the city. We don't act that way out here". 

43 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

I am not sure what your take is on this. Is there some suggestion that violent crime and murders do not happen in the leafy 'burbs of Baltimore County. The story I have read is that two people who do not live in the county were killed there.  . . . By, presumably a county resident. 

Is there some excuse already being formed that "well, they were new to the county", or "They must have moved out from the city. We don't act that way out here". 

My take is very simple and one that I have stated several times.

As the city expands into the county via Section 8's and such.... the problem follows. Also, while some may not live in the county we are seeing a number of 'commuter thugs' that drive in ....tooking for greener pastures ....because we know the city is pretty poor. The county not.

I am by no means saying that the county doesn't have criminal issues. However since Baltimore has 614,000 people vs the county with 832,000 ...well if you compare crime rates....the county is pretty trouble free ...even with the influx. 

Also I and my neighbors have all noted that as of late there has been an uptick in crime in our area....and most all of the criminals are city transplants of some sort. 

Yes we have our own no doubt.....it is just a surge in the 'new team' that is of concern. 

BTW guys....there are 3 nicely renovated homes for sale in my neighborhood..... I can forward the information to you then you can move here and we can be neighbors. :D

4 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

My take is very simple and one that I have stated several times.

As the city expands into the county via Section 8's and such.... the problem follows. Also, while some may not live in the county we are seeing a number of 'commuter thugs' that drive in ....tooking for greener pastures ....because we know the city is pretty poor. The county not.

I am by no means saying that the county doesn't have criminal issues. However since Baltimore has 614,000 people vs the county with 832,000 ...well if you compare crime rates....the county is pretty trouble free ...even with the influx. 

Also I and my neighbors have all noted that as of late there has been an uptick in crime in our area....and most all of the criminals are city transplants of some sort. 

Yes we have our own no doubt.....it is just a surge in the 'new team' that is of concern. 

BTW guys....there are 3 nicely renovated homes for sale in my neighborhood..... I can forward the information to you then you can move here and we can be neighbors. :D

I'm getting out of dodge! It's time to move to a slower pace and I need some mountains in my life.  Yeah, there's crime there but NOTHING like we are experiencing around here. Been in AA County most of my life, I hate to leave but it's time. 

This is obviously pure conjecture, but I wonder...

Given that the area has an active night life AND a whole lot of University students, it's not hard to imagine a lot of recreational drug use goes on.  Also, to the best of my knowledge, no one who "lived" in the apartment was hurt, killed, or even identified.  So, I wonder if some enterprising young men from the City might not have leased the place and used it to stash their stash until needed and that these two gentlemen crossed paths with someone involved in that business and lost.

3 hours ago, Struds said:

This is obviously pure conjecture, but I wonder...

Given that the area has an active night life AND a whole lot of University students, it's not hard to imagine a lot of recreational drug use goes on.  Also, to the best of my knowledge, no one who "lived" in the apartment was hurt, killed, or even identified.  So, I wonder if some enterprising young men from the City might not have leased the place and used it to stash their stash until needed and that these two gentlemen crossed paths with someone involved in that business and lost.

oooppsssss!

And so it goes

3 hours ago, Cowboyz said:

I'm getting out of dodge! It's time to move to a slower pace and I need some mountains in my life.  Yeah, there's crime there but NOTHING like we are experiencing around here. Been in AA County most of my life, I hate to leave but it's time. 

The nay sayers the everything is beautiful ...you have to understand people ..will not understand this vid....but if we...decent people could do more of this ....I am sure the problems would disappear. But his is maybe land. 

Isn't Walt shot to death at the end of Gran Torino?

Posted (edited)

Yeah, to protect a minority character.

Something Guido would DEFINITELY do himself. :lol:

What a weird fixation with that movie.

Edited by Pickle20

15 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Yeah, to protect a minority character.

Something Guido would DEFINITELY do himself. :lol:

What a weird fixation with that movie.

The character was also dying.

17 hours ago, Guido2 said:

oooppsssss!

And so it goes

Struds admitted it was pure conjecture.  So we don't know if that's how it goes.

1 minute ago, Baltimatt said:

Struds admitted it was pure conjecture.  So we don't know if that's how it goes.

Either way? Right?

Just now, Guido2 said:

Either way? Right?

Either way?  I'll wait for more information to find out what happened.  There could be multiple possibilities.

2 hours ago, stevez51 said:

The character was also dying.

And the kid/family he was protecting was worth dying for.