Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ibrihim

Carjacker run down by police - arrest recorded on video

79 posts in this topic

A police pursuit Wednesday ended with the arrest of three people, one of whom was hit by two police vehicles as he tried to run away.

Around noon Wednesday, an officer spotted a car that was reported carjacked Monday in south Baltimore. Police began to follow it. Video from SkyTeam 11 showed a passenger jumping out of the moving car. Eventually, the driver jumped from the car, trying to get away, but was struck twice by police vehicles before he was apprehended near Ackworth Street and Frederick Avenue.

A paramedic crew checked the suspect who was struck by the two police vehicles, but he was not hurt, police said. None of the officers were injured. A woman in the car was also taken into custody. 

The carjacking that was reported Monday involved three men, one of whom was possibly armed with a handgun, Baltimore County police said.

Well done, BPD.

That works for me. Honestly though, given the revolving door, why even run?   

Like a flipper smacking a pinball.

Lets make a guess how long it takes for a lawsuit followed by a ridiculous settlement.

I say by fall, right in time for the kid to get out of jail from a five year sentence after serving 90 days.

14 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Lets make a guess how long it takes for a lawsuit followed by a ridiculous settlement.

I say by fall, right in time for the kid to get out of jail from a five year sentence after serving 90 days.

The sentence for armed carjacking in Maryland is "up to" 30 years.

In Baltimore, he'll do 6 months and walk home to his momma and tell her he dindoonuffin.

Posted (edited)

Well what is really important is that the stolen car was not damaged to badly. 

Yeah I can hear the Lawyer Lotto machine running already.

Wonder where this one will fit under the consent decree. :D 

Edited by Guido2

39 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Yep.  Dropped charges and massive payment coming.  Great job BPD 🙄

I watched this live as it was taking place around 12:20 today. Glad they got the idiot and too bad they didn't hit him harder. He bounced around like a rubber ball and walked to the paddy wagon. I have yet to hear about the victim of this carjacking. Want to bet it was either an elderly man or a female? That's the only kind of victim these young thugs have the balls to attack. Lock their sorry arses up and throw away the key as far as I am concerned. Worthless wastes of flesh is all they are. 

Excellent work, fellas. 

Now, judges and prosecutors, throw the book at him. Don’t let him off with a slap on the wrist. 

When some old person shoots one of these thugs in the face that will be good news.:D

26 minutes ago, caliber45 said:

When some old person shoots one of these thugs in the face that will be good news.:D

I bet you're praying it's you. Have you set up bait in your front yard yet?

He got what here deserved, next time he'll think twice before he tries something like that again.

47 minutes ago, caliber45 said:

Such a nasty honoree person, hate is all in your blood.  Aren't you a cop?

11 minutes ago, bogart said:

He got what here deserved, next time he'll think twice before he tries something like that again.

And...Then he'll do it again..and again..

If only he would put all of that energy and passion into something positive.  I hope he goes away for a long time, play the game, pay the price. 

It's always interesting to see the pro-criminal element rise to the bait on these threads.

1 hour ago, caliber45 said:

No it will be good news for the thug....not the shooter. Because....especially carrying a loaded pistol in a vehicle in a no no....and not having a CCW...is the second no no.

Hmmmmm I have to check..... a whole bunch of 'mandatory and truth in sentencing bills' were floating around early in the GA session. I wonder how many actually even got a chance to be voted on....I'll have to check. But I think we already know the answer. :mad:

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

I bet you're praying it's you. Have you set up bait in your front yard yet?

I bet he is praying he isn't.....because he likely will not be armed to defend himself.

I pray (and I am sure he an many others) pray that the city gets a handle of these thugs and the courts/judges put them and keep them in jail.

But like my Father used to say    ' Wish (pray) in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up faster' :D

53 minutes ago, bogart said:

Such a nasty honoree person, hate is all in your blood.  Aren't you a cop?

My guess is bogart......if it was a white guy .... you wouldn't even be on this thread.

Except maybe to wonder why the cops didn't back up over the guy. 

Amazing there are still cops willing to put their lives on the line for us. 

Posted (edited)

They way things are going......I wager there will be a lot less. How needs ones life destroyed by some career criminal loser.

How many slots are still unfilled in BPD?

Further, the ones they are getting as cadets aren't exactly Ivy league grads. 

I read in the Sun, that many in the last class couldn't pass the basic 'law' tests....they had to get remedial help ....and were allowed to take an old simpler test to pass. Not the one that was supposedly instituted as of late to get a better quality of cops. And the review board was 'rigged'.

A third of Baltimore Police recruits set to leave the academy and hit the streets lack a basic understanding of the laws governing constitutional policing and are being pushed through by the department nonetheless, according to the academy’s head of legal instruction.

“We’re giving them a badge and a gun tomorrow, the right to take someone’s liberty, ultimately the right to take someone’s life if it calls for it, and they have not demonstrated they can meet [basic] constitutional and legal standards,” said Sgt. Josh Rosenblatt Friday.

After a gun and badge ceremony at the academy Saturday, the recruits will receive eight weeks of training on the street before formally becoming Baltimore police officers, department officials noted.
But Rosenblatt, an attorney by training, said in an interview with The Baltimore Sun that 17 of those 50 recruits failed to pass scenario-based practical tests on legal standards related to basic police work, such as the need for probable cause before making arrests.

He said all did pass eventually, but only after he and other legal instructors were removed from administering the tests.

Edited by Guido2

14 hours ago, Papi said:

I watched this live as it was taking place around 12:20 today. Glad they got the idiot and too bad they didn't hit him harder. He bounced around like a rubber ball and walked to the paddy wagon. I have yet to hear about the victim of this carjacking. Want to bet it was either an elderly man or a female? That's the only kind of victim these young thugs have the balls to attack. Lock their sorry arses up and throw away the key as far as I am concerned. Worthless wastes of flesh is all they are. 

You didn't even have to post that, we already know your record and how you feel about thugs.  That made you feel better didn't it.

1 hour ago, Buford said:

And...Then he'll do it again..and again..

Nice crystal ball you got there.

Just now, bogart said:

Nice crystal ball you got there.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Buford said:

Thanks!

You're welcome