Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ibrihim

The Terrible Cost of Obama's Failure in Syria

79 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ivanbalt said:

In his defense, Trump is currently friendly with the Saudis so he needs to follow that lead. 

Trump is also currently friendly with Qatar, you know, those sponsors of terrorism. I guess someone just told him that he has a big US airbase stationed at the back of Doha Airport.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

God! your morals can be very cheaply purchased can't they!?

The UK sold more weapons to Saudi Arabia than any other country last year and imported £900 million worth of oil from the country, as the Gulf state continued to attract global condemnation for its human rights record.

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2016/01/15/data-how-guns-and-oil-dominate-uk-saudi-arabia-relationship/

Edited by flyboy56

1 minute ago, flyboy56 said:

The UK sold more weapons to Saudi Arabia than any other country last year and imported £900 million worth of oil from the country, as the Gulf state continued to attract global condemnation for its human rights record.

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2016/01/15/data-how-guns-and-oil-dominate-uk-saudi-arabia-relationship/

I am deeply ashamed of my countries involvent with Saudi Arabia, are you of yours?

1 minute ago, WKDWZD said:

I am deeply ashamed of my countries involvent with Saudi Arabia, are you of yours?

How many UK families would suffer without oil from SA? If you were king for a day would you be willing to sacrifice families because you are ashamed of your country's dealings with SA?

2 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

How many UK families would suffer without oil from SA? If you were king for a day would you be willing to sacrifice families because you are ashamed of your country's dealings with SA?

Yes! But i wouldn't be sacrificing families, don't be so melodramitic.

9 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

He won't go against Trump.  He might be able to spin it to US support of SA during the Obama years.

2 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Yes! But i wouldn't be sacrificing families, don't be so melodramitic.

But you are not the king and have no reason to believe your decision would actually effect millions of people. Clearly the real world astounds you.

2 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

He won't go against Trump.  He might be able to spin it to US support of SA during the Obama years.

All presidents since oil was discovered in SA have seen the value in preserving our relationship. The world economy is the addict and SA has the drug the world economy needs. 

2 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

All presidents since oil was discovered in SA have seen the value in preserving our relationship. The world economy is the addict and SA has the drug the world economy needs. 

Great.  Doesn't mean I'm not going to point out real world facts or criticize US support for SA.  You should try it sometime.  Oh wait, Iran is the pariah (for now).

34 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

The world economy needs SA oil. And the US needs a strong world economy. Are the weapons we sell to SA banned by the UN?

With the shale boom, the US can do without Saudi oil.   

The weapons the US sells to the Saudis aren't banned but what the Saudis do with them is.   There was a topic about it.

Just now, SemiAuto said:

With the shale boom, the US can do without Saudi oil.   

The weapons the US sells to the Saudis aren't banned but what the Saudis do with them is.   There was a topic about it.

Most of the oil from SA is for the world economy. We use very little oil from SA. But we need the world economy to be strong. So we use our US Navy to protect the shipping lanes used by oil tankers leaving SA. I don't understand why people don't know this and keep touting the US doesn't need SA oil. 

1 minute ago, flyboy56 said:

Most of the oil from SA is for the world economy. We use very little oil from SA. But we need the world economy to be strong. So we use our US Navy to protect the shipping lanes used by oil tankers leaving SA. I don't understand why people don't know this and keep touting the US doesn't need SA oil. 

There are plenty of other places to get oil from besides the Saudis or even the middle east in general.  The US is not just protecting shipping lanes.  It is enabling a brutal monarchy.  Can we please stop doing this? 

5 hours ago, Joba said:

It's like I said before, Obama caused irreparable damage to this country. Thank God we now have President Trump to clean up his mess.

Really?

How many Americans died in a useless Syrian war under Obama's watch?

28 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

The UK gets the vast amount of its oil from the North Sea and then Nigeria.

22 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

The UK gets the vast amount of its oil from the North Sea and then Nigeria.

And it sells a ton of weapons to SA and imports vast amounts of oil from SA. What's your point?

1 hour ago, WKDWZD said:

God! your morals can be very cheaply purchased can't they!?

Man up and answer the question.

1 hour ago, WKDWZD said:

Trump is also currently friendly with Qatar, you know, those sponsors of terrorism. I guess someone just told him that he has a big US airbase stationed at the back of Doha Airport.

And during WWII Churchill was friendly with the USSR.

What's your point, that you don't know how international politics and balance of power work?

Point made.

30 minutes ago, VOSA said:

Man up and answer the question.

What question have I not answered?

28 minutes ago, VOSA said:

And during WWII Churchill was friendly with the USSR.

What's your point, that you don't know how international politics and balance of power work?

Point made.

Hey, why not go back to Wellington, Nelson or King Alfred the Great?

You have made no point other than endorsing mine.

I understand, or don't understand, international politics probably only a little above the level that you do, but what I do have, is a much higher moral code than you do and I don't give my government carte blanche to do such nefarious internationl deeds unquestioned.

37 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

"Are the weapons we sell to SA banned by the UN? "

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

- George Santayana

I understand, or don't understand, international politics probably only a little above the level that you do, but what I do have, is a much higher moral code than you do and I don't give my government carte blanche to do such nefarious internationl deeds unquestioned.

Good on you.

30 minutes ago, VOSA said:

I was not asked that question.

"If you pull the plug out of the bath, the water runs out."

WKDWZD

If you say so.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Really?

How many Americans died in a useless Syrian war under Obama's watch?

That remains to be seen because that useless war Obama started is still going on and getting worse by the day since he forced Russia to get involved in 2015 after Obama hit northern Syria with 47 Tomahawks and approved a covert operation to bring down Assad. He could very well have created the ideal situation to start WW3.

Edited by flyboy56

1 hour ago, WKDWZD said:

It's pretty easy to keep your moral code when you are not responsible for the welfare of millions of people. 

7 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

It's pretty easy to keep your moral code when you are not responsible for the welfare of millions of people. 

Are you suggesting that the US is responsible for the welfare of millions of people - if so which people is it responsible for Syria? If so why is it not also responsible for the people of Yemen, for the people of Rohingya or the people of Gaza and the Occupied West Bank?

1 hour ago, flyboy56 said:

That remains to be seen because that useless war Obama started is still going on and getting worse by the day since he forced Russia to get involved in 2015 after Obama hit northern Syria with 47 Tomahawks and approved a covert operation to bring down Assad. He could very well have created the ideal situation to start WW3.

Obama forced Russia to get involved in Syria. That's some trick.

3 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

And it sells a ton of weapons to SA and imports vast amounts of oil from SA. What's your point?

It can do without the oil from SA as it gets the vast majority of its oil from the North Sea, then Nigeria and Angola. I thought it was pretty straightforward.