Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joba

The fragile legacy of Barack Obama

40 posts in this topic

It becomes clearer every day that Barack Obama, a historic president, presided over a somewhat less than historic presidency. With only one major legislative achievement (Obamacare)—and a fragile one at that—the legacy of Obama’s presidency mainly rests on its tremendous symbolic importance and the fate of a patchwork of executive actions.

How much of that was due to fate and how much was due to Obama’s own shortcomings as a politician is up for debate and is a question that emerges from Princeton historian Julian Zelizer’s new edited volume, The Presidency of Barack Obama.

With contributions from seventeen historians, the book bills itself as “a first historical assessment” of the Obama presidency. The overwhelming consensus, Zelizer writes, is that Obama “turned out to be a very effective policymaker but not a tremendously successful party builder.” This “defining paradox of Obama’s presidency” comes up again and again: the historians, by and large, approve of Obama’s policies (although some find them too timid) while they lament his politics.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/04/06/the-fragile-legacy-of-barack-obama/

LOL sorry liberals but it's proving that Obama was one of the worst President's in history. No wonder his Presidency resulted in the resurgence of the Republican party. And thank God we have President Trump now who is doing his best to erase Obama's dismal legacy.

Barack and Michelle Obama are the most admired people in the U.S., according to a YouGov survey of admired figures across the globe.

The former president and first lady also landed second place for the most admired people in the world.

President Trump was the second-most-admired man in the U.S., but only gained an admiration score of 10.7 percent compared to Obama’s 24 percent. Trump landed the 17th spot on the list of most admired men globally, behind figures like Russian President Vladimir Putin.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/382760-obama-tops-list-of-most-admired-people-in-us-beating-trump

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Thread fail. :lol:

It failed before matt’s post. Obama’s legacy will be pulling the country out of the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression and millions of previously uninsured people with medical coverage. No right wing opinion piece or RWNJ troll  posting it is going to change that. 

Edited by bmore_ken

LOL how did that Hope and Change go? Oh yeah, President Trump repealed that also. :lol:

I'm guessing the OP never got over his crush on Obama and Reggie Love that he used to post about constantly.  :lol:

Well at least Obama was good for something. He created the resurgence in the Republican party that we are currently enjoying now. :D

1 hour ago, Joba said:

LOL sorry liberals but it's proving that Obama was one of the worst President's in history. No wonder his Presidency resulted in the resurgence of the Republican party. And thank God we have President Trump now who is doing his best to erase Obama's dismal legacy.

The only erasing I see is the profit side of my retirement portfolio. :lol::mad: 

Thread fail.  I wonder if trolls can be fired for non-performance?  I'll check with one of my Russian colleagues. 

1 hour ago, Joba said:

Republican controlled Congress whose primary mission was to “Get that man out of the White House “ as Boehner put it.

if President Obama’s presidency was lackluster it was due to the Republican Congress fighting against what benefitted America so that the black President wouldn’t get any credit.

By the way the Affordable Care Act is  a great achievement. Presidents before him couldn’t even get a viable one passed. 

Posted (edited)

He also took out OBL.

Edited by Pickle20

52 minutes ago, Chesapeake Spirit said:

Thread fail.  I wonder if trolls can be fired for non-performance?  I'll check with one of my Russian colleagues. 

Ты уволен!

1 hour ago, Joba said:

LOL how did that Hope and Change go? Oh yeah, President Trump repealed that also. :lol:

And is succeeding in replacing it with doom and gloom for everyone but the him. 

7 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

And his wealthy BFFs.

2 hours ago, Joba said:

My turn to laugh; LOL.  A helium filled balloon is more grounded than this poast.

58 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Only for you liberals and it is very well deserved. The rest of us are as happy as clams. :D

LOL multiple whining declarations of thread failure and the obligatory fake Russian writing can mean only one thing. A nerve has been struck. And deeply. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Joba said:

LOL multiple whining declarations of thread failure and the obligatory fake Russian writing can mean only one thing. A nerve has been struck. And deeply. :lol:

I see that Talk Admin have been looking at your profile ... :lol:

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Joba said:

LOL multiple whining declarations 

I think you’re confusing whining with clowning   :lol:

Edited by bmore_ken

13 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

I see that Talk Admin have been looking at your profile ... :lol:

Not sure why. Trolls have carte blanche around here. Look how many posts have been deleted. 

1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

I think you’re confusing whining with clowning   :lol:

Well, you know how it is when you have to translate a foreign language into your native tongue.  The subtleties get lost.  :lol:

18 minutes ago, Joba said:

Это настоящая русская письменность. Но вы уже это знаете. Не так ли?

22 minutes ago, Joba said:

Only for you liberals and it is very well deserved. The rest of us are as happy as clams. :D

I suppose those with their heads up Trump's butt are happy as clams.  They are too stupid to realize that he is taking advantage of them.