Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AgentOrange

Is it time for SFA to become an independent?.........

315 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, dcguy said:

you know what's funny about this convo and others is how most of the people here and other boards blasted the public and "smaller" private schools for "stealing" talent through transfers. Now that their favorite powerhouse schools are doing this its acceptable. Its nothing for a kid to shine at a school, start to get some interest (maybe even some offers) then the "big schools" scoop him up and claim that their coaching/program got it done. BTW Im not mad at what the schools are doing just laughing at the fans for defending it when they used to dog other programs for doing it.

Yeah they dogged FCA. Hell one league put out word to stop scheduling them.

9 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Just got word that Corum is officially at SFA. Not sure where he will play though, he’s not better than Bangda. 

Two different back GA! Meaning its room for both, even more so if the OC is creative he should be able to get them both on the field at the same time. 

2 hours ago, Tomslick said:

Yeah they dogged FCA. Hell one league put out word to stop scheduling them.

You’re kind of right about FCA. I think the WCAC schools saw FCA as competition without having to follow the same rules. Basically if you transferred to FCA, you didn’t have to sit out a year like you would as an in-league transfer. The WCAC charter schools have each other’s back big time. It was a bit petty, but they decided not to play them because they knew FCA was using this transfer situation in their sales pitch and couldn’t put together an elite local schedule without the WCAC. It was a leverage move. It had nothing to do with ducking at all. That’s the story I’ve heard. Other than that, I can’t think of any other program that’s been in a position like FCA’s. 

4 hours ago, jbmad said:

The 30 mile exception is supposed to involve being closer to your home not further away.

Thought the rule was that you only have to move 30 Miles.  Doesn’t say that it’s closer to your home or not. Reason why Shaq was able to play a few years ago, after transferring from CHC. He supposedly moved 30 miles away from his home, which is Baltimore.  

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Nothing has dried up. Gilman is still getting plenty of kids! Will get even more with the new AD and Coach. Did I miss something, I could have swore that Gilman was in the MIAA Championship game last year. Was that a dream? 

Nobody will beat SFA, it is what it is! And that’s not just in Bmore. Nobody in the state or DMV will beat them. 

GA, 

They were in the Championship game but there were Gilman teams that didn't give up 76 points in a season let alone a game. Breaking even against the IAC. Not the same Gilman that I used to know. They couldn't hang with the old Gilman teams. It's all good, the one and done's shouldn't be in the NBA let alone the MIAA. Don't think anybody can beat SFA but I've seen crazy upsets before. At some point the Talent is probably just too different than but if they played the top 10 or 11 teams in the DMV every week (public and private/not part of the endless debate/both good) there might be a Jim Carey (So you're saying there's a chance) possibility somebody would play great, they have a bad game they could get upset, but yes very remote. 

Saw the Squash team got upset, never saw that happening. They still have the top recruiting class in that sport. 

19 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

You’re kind of right about FCA. I think the WCAC schools saw FCA as competition without having to follow the same rules. Basically if you transferred to FCA, you didn’t have to sit out a year like you would as an in-league transfer. The WCAC charter schools have each other’s back big time. It was a bit petty, but they decided not to play them because they knew FCA was using this transfer situation in their sales pitch and couldn’t put together an elite local schedule without the WCAC. It was a leverage move. It had nothing to do with ducking at all. That’s the story I’ve heard. Other than that, I can’t think of any other program that’s been in a position like FCA’s. 

Yeah Im still looking for that WCAC rule book... 5 years and running:P

On 5/6/2018 at 5:55 AM, Tomslick said:

Yeah Im still looking for that WCAC rule book... 5 years and running:P

It has changed so you have to wait on the 2018 version along with the MIAA's new rules

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:55 PM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Just got word that Corum is officially at SFA. Not sure where he will play though, he’s not better than Bangda. 

Different type of runner / player

Another 17 yr old sophomore transfer for SFA with Corum.  Sounds about right.  Still think MSJ sophomore RB, Wax is better then both Bangda and Corum.  Especially considering he’s 6’1 and 220 lb 15 year old sophomore.  Nice to see tough kids with balls still play up instead of all this reclass nonsense.

SFA also got a transfer receiver from Georgia,  nice to see they are helping the homeless from all over

8 hours ago, dcguy said:

It has changed so you have to wait on the 2018 version along with the MIAA's new rules

Hell! Guess thatll be another 5 years or so before I see the 2018 version. By then it will only be a 4 team league...

2 hours ago, Tomslick said:

Hell! Guess thatll be another 5 years or so before I see the 2018 version. By then it will only be a 4 team league...

You might want to focus a bit more of your energy on finding the DCPS graduation rule book first. I know the FBI is on the case, but I’m sure they need all the help they can get. You know what they say about glass houses don’t you, TS? 

29 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

You might want to focus a bit more of your energy on finding the DCPS graduation rule book first. I know the FBI is on the case, but I’m sure they need all the help they can get. You know what they say about glass houses don’t you, TS? 

Some of those same DC schools denied some kids that got into DM...:P

19 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Some of those same DC schools denied some kids that got into DM...:P

Hahahahaha. I’m sure. 

8 hours ago, Bully said:

Another 17 yr old sophomore transfer for SFA with Corum.  Sounds about right.  Still think MSJ sophomore RB, Wax is better then both Bangda and Corum.  Especially considering he’s 6’1 and 220 lb 15 year old sophomore.  Nice to see tough kids with balls still play up instead of all this reclass nonsense.

Right Bully the shat is laughable to me these parents and kids look like prostitutes 

9 hours ago, Bully said:

The Wax kid is a legit big time Recruit. He really should be a freshman or by reclass standards an 8th graders. Have seen him in practice and off the field great kid. 

1 hour ago, GOOCH said:

Right Bully the shat is laughable to me these parents and kids look like prostitutes 

10 hours ago, Bully said:

What is laughable is supposedly grown men bad mouthing kids and their families on a high school football forum.  If he is transferring, you have no idea what the factors were in his decision to transfer.  Corum is a hard worker and a good kid from a good family.  Stop badmouthing kids and their families and stick to football.

I see alot of opinions about reclassing on this board.  The decision to reclass or not is about what is best for the kid and his family.  Kids don't get extra credit for playing up and college coaches don't ask your age, they just want to know if you can come in and play.  

5 hours ago, someguy said:

What is laughable is supposedly grown men bad mouthing kids and their families on a high school football forum.  If he is transferring, you have no idea what the factors were in his decision to transfer.  Corum is a hard worker and a good kid from a good family.  Stop badmouthing kids and their families and stick to football.

I see alot of opinions about reclassing on this board.  The decision to reclass or not is about what is best for the kid and his family.  Kids don't get extra credit for playing up and college coaches don't ask your age, they just want to know if you can come in and play.  

Get your status up on this forum before you quote me soneguys DaD  . I type what I want when I want sincerely yours GOOCH 

13 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Hahahahaha. I’m sure. 

:D

Not bad mouthing Corum and we’ve exhausted the reclass debate.  Until more states do what NJ is trying to do and penalize kids and parents for manipulating the system then we get this continued nonsense.  When kids are mentally and physically capable of being in the appropriate grade but hold themselves back to get an advantage over appropriate age-grade kids it’s called cheating.  And yes, it works.  Any dumby Coach can figure that out.  But Wax was leading the MIAA in rushing as a 14 year old before he got injured against CH.  Corum was running against 7th graders at 14.  In the end, I wish both boys success but will always root harder for the kid/parent that is guided by morals and ethics vs results.  Wax will be the better player by senior year IMO.  Eventually cheating catches up with you and so do the younger athletes that hit puberty 2 years later.  

STOP...." someguy" with the ole "whats best for the family BS" and admit what is it. Re-classing is STRICTLY for athletic advantage, nothing else. STOP!

29 minutes ago, Bully said:

Not bad mouthing Corum and we’ve exhausted the reclass debate.  Until more states do what NJ is trying to do and penalize kids and parents for manipulating the system then we get this continued nonsense.  When kids are mentally and physically capable of being in the appropriate grade but hold themselves back to get an advantage over appropriate age-grade kids it’s called cheating.  And yes, it works.  Any dumby Coach can figure that out.  But Wax was leading the MIAA in rushing as a 14 year old before he got injured against CH.  Corum was running against 7th graders at 14.  In the end, I wish both boys success but will always root harder for the kid/parent that is guided by morals and ethics vs results.  Wax will be the better player by senior year IMO.  Eventually cheating catches up with you and so do the younger athletes that hit puberty 2 years later.  

Well said 

1 hour ago, Bully said:

Definitely well said

I'd like to offer a silent prayer to all the 'men' effected by these decisions made by other families. I can't even imagine the pain you are going through right now, but the agony you've expressed on a daily basis for 28 months now can't be denied. Its written all over your posts. Literally. Thousands of them. So, I offer my thoughts and prayers of comfort at your time of need. Amen.

Indeed - thoughts and prayers to all affected by re-classification