Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AgentOrange

Is it time for SFA to become an independent?.........

319 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Tomslick said:

I would have been more ANNOYED if they were on the list.

Fixed it...

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

I’m sure that SFA has had teams back out of games, but STA and DM are not in that group. SFA dropped the STA game because they didn’t like the deal offered. It was a financial issue. If I had to guess, SFA is playing IMG down there and the STA deal did not justify a second trip to Florida. That’s when DM stepped in to take the game. That’s what was reported by STA, DM and SFA people. 

I haven’t heard that the DM vs SFA game was off, but both teams haven’t made it official yet. I think it’s happening. The only two OOC games that DM has made official are Friendship Collegiate and #17 Imhotep Charter(PA). As much as it will pain Rob A., I don’t think DM plays Franklin this season. The reason DM and SFA haven’t released their schedules yet is because they are searching for one or two games to fill. Both teams are in a tough spot trying to find willing teams, which is the main reason that SFA needs the MIAA more than the other way around. 

Oh ok, makes sense. 

As ive said on here many times, if SFA is kicked out, or leaves the MIAA, the program will not be around in 5 years. Unless they can find another league to take them. 

18 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Fixed it...

:D:D:D

5 loses, not in the final (championship game) and a top 25 would have been shocking... Annoying would have been you and the DM fans and parents:P Whew, glad I dont have to hear that BS for a few more months:D

If DM pulls out of Franklin game that would put them (Franklin) in a tough spot. Public schedules are locked and I doubt they'd be able to find an opponent this late. 

Why would they possibly pull out of the Franklin game?

1 hour ago, HY3:13 said:

If DM pulls out of Franklin game that would put them (Franklin) in a tough spot. Public schedules are locked and I doubt they'd be able to find an opponent this late. 

Was DM vs Franklin a two year home/home deal? If it was a one year deal, it doesn’t matter. Franklin is scheduled to play Spalding for 2018. Would they really play two MIAA/WCAC teams in the same season? 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Tomslick said:

:D:D:D

5 loses, not in the final (championship game) and a top 25 would have been shocking... Annoying would have been you and the DM fans and parents:P Whew, glad I dont have to hear that BS for a few more months:D

USA Today is only one ranking. DM has a Top 25 roster this season. You’re getting way too far ahead of yourself. Give it time. DM fans don’t bother you. You find ways to dislike the group because you don’t like the program’s success. 

Edited by Silverbullet

SFA will not be playing IMG this season. IMG just released the 2018 schedule with no SFA. 

Spalding is a scrimmage, Aug. 24, not a game.

2 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

SFA will not be playing IMG this season. IMG just released the 2018 schedule with no SFA. 

Man, SFA could be in trouble right now to get games. 

49 minutes ago, HY3:13 said:

Spalding is a scrimmage, Aug. 24, not a game.

Ok gotcha. I hope DM plays Franklin. It’s good competition and close. I just don’t know if the deal was a 2 year home/home deal. It sounds like a few of the Franklin guys don’t really like the idea of playing DM. 

31 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Man, SFA could be in trouble right now to get games. 

Yea DM and SFA are in a tough spot. Teams usually seek OOS opponents out geographically. So, if Hoover, St. John Bosco or De La Salle want to play a Mid-Atlantic power(SFA, DM, SJC,etc...), they contact a middle man(example PGL) to set up the deal. PGL knows where the money is and that’s on Military Road NW, so SJC gets the game immediately. They just outbid everyone. DM, SFA, and GC etc... are fighting for the scraps. SFA is so loaded that no local team except DeMatha will shedule them. They are trying to fill their first game right now and I’m sure Poggi wants a blockbuster, but the pickings are slim.

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

Yea DM and SFA are in a tough spot. Teams usually seek OOS opponents out geographically. So, if Hoover, St. John Bosco or De La Salle want to play a Mid-Atlantic power(SFA, DM, SJC,etc...), they contact a middle man(example PGL) to set up the deal. PGL knows where the money is and that’s on Military Road NW, so SJC gets the game immediately. They just outbid everyone. DM, SFA, and GC etc... are fighting for the scraps. SFA is so loaded that no local team except DeMatha will shedule them. They are trying to fill their first game right now and I’m sure Poggi wants a blockbuster, but the pickings are slim.

I don’t understand the issue. Some of you guys say that kids want to go to the Privates schools so they can play the best competition. Now we have schools backing out playing the top schools. 

7 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

USA Today is only one ranking. DM has a Top 25 roster this season. You’re getting way too far ahead of yourself. Give it time. DM fans don’t bother you. You find ways to dislike the group because you don’t like the program’s success. 

Im glad I have a few more months of quiet time from them jokers! I love the programs success and happy for the kids who are some good cats. Its the fans and the kids crazy parents that are annoying. Like I told you b4 I talk to one of the DM parents every morning. Played against him and kids played with and against one another. And yes, he falls into the annoying category. :D

On 5/18/2018 at 3:38 PM, Oldtime said:

I don’t understand the issue. Some of you guys say that kids want to go to the Privates schools so they can play the best competition. Now we have schools backing out playing the top schools. 

Check your inbox 

On 5/8/2018 at 0:43 AM, someguy said:

What is laughable is supposedly grown men bad mouthing kids and their families on a high school football forum.  If he is transferring, you have no idea what the factors were in his decision to transfer.  Corum is a hard worker and a good kid from a good family.  Stop badmouthing kids and their families and stick to football.

I see alot of opinions about reclassing on this board.  The decision to reclass or not is about what is best for the kid and his family.  Kids don't get extra credit for playing up and college coaches don't ask your age, they just want to know if you can come in and play.  

What about the player (who is the correct age) that the 17 year old transfer sophomore or 19 year old senior replaces in the line-up? Is it okay for that player to get replaced and lose his chance to earn a scholarship monies or just playing time. The problem is your ability to see that this process (having the players repeat grades for no reason other than sports) affects multiple levels of players down the pipe. The MIAA is now running into cases where Juniors will be unable to participate as seniors due to their advanced ages. I believe CHC baseball has this issue with a top player.        

On 5/18/2018 at 7:43 AM, HY3:13 said:

DeMatha plays Franklin September 8th. I know one Franklin guy that isn’t happy...

Did AO tell you it was coming or what....looks like SFA was booted out by virtue of a boycott...... 

3 hours ago, AgentOrange said:

Did AO tell you it was coming or what....looks like SFA was booted out by virtue of a boycott...... 

Yes, you did tell us AO....