Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AgentOrange

Is it time for SFA to become an independent?.........

319 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

How about just beating them period 

This BS whining is a joke, when Gilman was a time head and shoulders above teams like Calvert Hall and MCD beat them 

Thank you.

6 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

I am with you Bleedingorangeandblack....everybody work hard and beat em.

Its asking too much. It should be much easier, for some.

1 hour ago, Pcola96 said:

I am with you guys on this as well. Everyone needs to work hard at beating SFA instead of moaning and groaning about them. When I was in HS we didn't complain about a team that we had to play. We worked hard in the off season so we had a chance at beating those guys. Just my opinion!

Its a unique phenomenon among the MIAA faithful. I've never seen 'moaning and groaning' like this, either. I get people hate champions and hate teams that hand them their jock strap, but the devotion to throwing daily tantrums about said champions is something I've never seen before. At any level. Not sure of the last time I saw any constructive post regarding any MIAA team. Surely, its been months.  

7 minutes ago, themamba said:

Its a unique phenomenon among the MIAA faithful. I've never seen 'moaning and groaning' like this, either. I get people hate champions and hate teams that hand them their jock strap, but the devotion to throwing daily tantrums about said champions is something I've never seen before. At any level. Not sure of the last time I saw any constructive post regarding any MIAA team. Surely, its been months.  

read the article it's just not the MIAA hate to break it to you as much as you love it

Posted (edited)

How many kids started at sfa with the rev that was still on the roster that was a starter and did not reclassify? Maybe 3. I hear the suit up and beat them folks but it’s like playing against an all star team everyweek lol. AO city is never going back so they can be beat my 30 every game lol

Edited by city40blast

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, RM7 said:

You have to be kidding. This doesn't address anything I asked. I asked for a list of the 20+ junior and senior transfers  that had D1 offers coming in, that represented 8 states. The last paragraph that constituted several generalized quotes from Stefanelli at GC was pretty funny, though. The Dancel thing and all. I needed that laugh. Thanks. 

Edited by themamba

2 minutes ago, themamba said:

You have to be kidding. This doesn't address anything I asked. I asked for a list of the 20+ junior and senior transfers  that had D1 offers coming in, that represented 8 states. The last paragraph that constituted one quote from Stefanelli at GC was pretty funny, though. I needed that laugh. Thanks. 

My response was to you stating it's only the MIAA complaining, your welcome

3 minutes ago, RM7 said:

My response was to you stating it's only the MIAA complaining, your welcome

I said I've never seen the amount of whining, from presumably grown men and women like I do on this board. Not, I've never seen one coach whine about another team's transfers.

4 minutes ago, themamba said:

I said I've never seen the amount of whining, from presumably grown men and women like I do on this board. Not, I've never seen one coach whine about another team's transfers.

Its a unique phenomenon among the MIAA faithful. I've never seen 'moaning and groaning' like this, either.

4 minutes ago, RM7 said:

Its a unique phenomenon among the MIAA faithful. I've never seen 'moaning and groaning' like this, either.

Yes, you quoted one coach. Back to the drawing board. You can quote two dozen coaches and my statement still stands, firmly.

2 minutes ago, themamba said:

Yes, you quoted one coach. Back to the drawing board. You can quote two dozen coaches and my statement still stands, firmly.

You said the MIAA I clearly stated that it isn't just the MIAA.

2 minutes ago, RM7 said:

You said the MIAA I clearly stated that it isn't just the MIAA.

Ok, so the Good Counsel coach doesn't like the direction things are headed, anymore. Like I said, thats funny.

24 minutes ago, themamba said:

You have to be kidding. This doesn't address anything I asked. I asked for a list of the 20+ junior and senior transfers  that had D1 offers coming in, that represented 8 states. The last paragraph that constituted several generalized quotes from Stefanelli at GC was pretty funny, though. The Dancel thing and all. I needed that laugh. Thanks. 

And at the same time he was recruiting his two 300 pound starting offensive tackles from public schools...and more transfers this year. He's either the biggest hypocrite out there or maybe he's seen the light...lol.

3 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

And at the same time he was recruiting his two 300 pound starting offensive tackles from public schools...and more transfers this year. He's either the biggest hypocrite out there or maybe he's seen the light...lol.

Newsflash, private schools all across the state get public school transfers. Are you suggesting that SFA should be bound by a weight limit for transfers, or limit the number of quality o-line transfers to one? Are you saying they are getting 30+ transfers from 10 states this season? Did Poggi say he wouldn't recruit from public schools? 

You guys (handles) have a good time pushing your movement to ban SFA from the MIAA, using fictional data to prove your point. Have fun, and have a great weekend.

1 minute ago, themamba said:

Newsflash, private schools all across the state get public school transfers. Are you suggesting that SFA should be bound by a weight limit for transfers, or limit the number of quality o-line transfers to one? Are you saying they are getting 30+ transfers from 10 states this season? Did Poggi say he wouldn't recruit from public schools? 

1 minute ago, themamba said:

Talking about Stefanelli recruiting transfers to GC...I know it's shocking but we're on the same side here...lol.

2 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

Talking about Stefanelli recruiting transfers to GC...I know it's shocking but we're on the same side here...lol.

Smh.

6 hours ago, themamba said:

Does anyone have a list of the often talked about 20+ junior and senior transfers that already had D1 offers who transferred in last year, representing the often talked about 8 states? I asked for this before and no one seemed to have any idea. They'd rather run with the hypothetical. I'd rather deal in facts. Hopefully, one of our SFA experts that have nothing to do with the school can provide this list. Thanks in advance to anyone that may have this list.

Very simple way to prove SFA bringing in high numbers of transfers. Just go to Max Preps and look at SFA rosters for 2015, 2016,2017 and compare names to see that from one year to the next new players on the team that weren't even listed on the prior team's year.  2016 team had 12 new 11th graders and 16 new 12th graders that weren't even on the team the year before. 2017 had 11 new 11th graders and 13 more new 12th graders not on the team in 2016.  All of them transfers. Look at some of the names and see their profiles that they came from other schools the year before. Shane Lee, Bangda, Jalon Jones Eyabi Anoma, Clowney, Jahlil Brown from Edmondson, St Johns, Eastern Christian Academy, Dunbar.   Kwincy Jones, St Johns on and on and on I can go. Just look it up instead of defending SFA that no one has shown the record.  These players being enticed with gifts to transfer and contacted even before the parents know about it. Coaches from Baltimore city & Carroll County protesting this piracy and going directly to the kids already registered at playing for schools that are NOT  SFA.  Donovan Robinson at 6'7 345 pounds was bigger than any Ravens on the 2017 team. Also Ogudo bigger than any Ravens but these school principals and presidents don't seem to mind standing on the sidelines (or just reading the game scores) how their kids being injured. Mcdonogh lost 4 players the week before Calvert Hall and Willis with torn ACL in championship game. Gilman lost 92-7 in two games to SFA and they were the second best. Kids being brought down to practice at the Under Armour Center in the off season but still registered at other schools. Text messages being sent directly to these players from SFA coaches enticing them with promises to make big money and we will get you national TV exposure and to the NFL. I've seen the texts.  All of this is in direct violation of MIAA regulations on recruiting. But the MIAA Commissioner seems to have blinders. MIAA regulations also allow for member schools to be moved to different divisions up and down from A to B and to C conference. It would also apply to a school being moved out but they have never faced an individual whose moral scruples has gone to a level bent on beating IMG at all costs.

Go to Henry Russell and Biff Poggi Twitter. Look below at one tweet. This is one of about 40 tweets about their kids getting offers.10 players from the same team got offers to Pitt in the ACC. Power 5 School. You think that happens by chance? Good coaching? This happens because of recruitment and money. 
Biff poggi
10 St Frances Panthers recieved scholarship offers from Pitt yesterday. #Pitt

9 hours ago, gillytech said:

You keep quoting the tuition at SFA like the parents are paying it. 

Most parents dont mind paying something and paying 3k-5k at sfa goes a lot further than it would at mcd. My point is the price makes it more attractive which puts the rest of the league at a disadvantage. 

17 hours ago, Tomslick said:

Theyve been saying that about IMG for years now!

The staff isnt doing anything different than what all the others are doing. The cost of the school helps! SFA is about 10K and can attract kids/familes that wont mind paying 40-60% of the tuition for the "Opportuntiy" to play a "National Schedule".  If they want to fix it change the rules. But the cost makes it a lot easier for them to do what they do. 

Nobody from out of the area, will pay $6k to go to SFA, when they have much better options academic wise for less, in better environments. Have you ever been to East Baltimore, specifically that area before? Like GT said, kids aren’t paying anything, and this is why they’re attractive right now. 

Nobody is beating SFA, the talk of “just go out and beat them,” is laughable. I don’t have a problem with what they’re doing(football wise), but stop it with this fake narrative of teams needing to coach better, or whatever you want to say. They’re unbeatable right now. It is what it is. If they’re not breaking rules, more power to them.

But as I’ve said before, SFA needs the MIAA, more than they need them. If they get kicked out of the league, Biff and crew will be out of there in 5 years, and the school will be in serious trouble. 

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Nobody from out of the area, will pay $6k to go to SFA, when they have much better options academic wise for less, in better environments. Have you ever been to East Baltimore, specifically that area before? Like GT said, kids aren’t paying anything, and this is why they’re attractive right now. 

Nobody is beating SFA, the talk of “just go out and beat them,” is laughable. I don’t have a problem with what they’re doing(football wise), but stop it with this fake narrative of teams needing to coach better, or whatever you want to say. They’re unbeatable right now. It is what it is. If they’re not breaking rules, more power to them.

But as I’ve said before, SFA needs the MIAA, more than they need them. If they get kicked out of the league, Biff and crew will be out of there in 5 years, and the school will be in serious trouble. 

5th year players are breaking rules, but the league Jas to enforce the rules