Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

The "Why Can't Tillman Pitch the 1st Inning" Game Thread

91 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, weird-O said:

Buck loves him some Chrises, Davis and Tillman will be his legacy in Baltimore. And that's sad, because Buck did have a positive impact on this franchise, at one time. But those days are starting to get pretty far off in the distance. 

Yup, very true.  Buck did a lot for this club, but now, his “loyalty” ahem, stubbornness, will only detract from that.

2 hours ago, Balmerboh said:

Yup, very true.  Buck did a lot for this club, but now, his “loyalty” ahem, stubbornness, will only detract from that.

Yeah, Buck has now let his ego get in the way of what is good for the team.  He is convinced his guys are still good when its evident to the entire free world that they suck.  He doesn't want to admit he was wrong because Buck is always the smartest guy in the room.  He needs to be relieved of his duties by mid year so this team can begin to regroup for 2019.

3 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah, Buck has now let his ego get in the way of what is good for the team.  He is convinced his guys are still good when its evident to the entire free world that they suck.  He doesn't want to admit he was wrong because Buck is always the smartest guy in the room.  He needs to be relieved of his duties by mid year so this team can begin to regroup for 2019.

Agree 100%.

22 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Man, that's funny :D

Posted (edited)

On 4/14/2018 at 4:02 PM, CROUSEMAN said:

Lol. So, this current crapshoot of a team could be better under  another manager? (Wrong, lol). Stating an obvious fact. No need to reply.

Edited by pitbull

9 minutes ago, pitbull said:

Lol. So, this current crapshoot of a team could be better under  another manager? (Wrong, lol). Stating an obvious fact. No need to reply.

Another manager wouldn’t have 

A.brought back Tillman 

B. Brought back ubaldo

8 hours ago, pitbull said:

That's so easy!  YES!!!!!!!!!  As Bleeder pointed out Tillman would not be on team/or starting and Cortes would not have been brought North on the 25 man roster.  That's 5 games lost by those boner moves and that is all on BUCK!!!!  This would be a .500 team with a different manager.  Buck is past his expiration date.  I find it so funny that you continue to ignore credible reporting that DD has been stripped of his power the last couple years.  And last year no sane manager would of started UJ/Tilly a combined 44 times.  Buck;s record the last year and 16 games says he just isn't very good anymore. Blind loyalty which plays into his poor player evals have sunk him and this team.

:rolleyes: There is a reason you didn't want a reply.  You can't handle the truth.

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

I find it so funny that you continue to ignore credible reporting that DD has been stripped of his power the last couple years. 

?????

I’m not ignoring any credible reporting. Maybe you have me confused with someone else. 

I am sure you would agree that even when Big Dan had so-called “full power” that he was lousy at his job. Your argument that he has less power bears no fruit. He is an incompetent GM. All talk, little show.

I also would agree with you that giving Brady Anderson (or the manager) more power in executive decisions is not the answer. According to the credible reporting you referenced, Brady is the reason that Mike Wright remains on the team, even though Wright is garbage.

Again, no need to reply. I know I made too much sense for you to comprehend.

Edited by pitbull

8 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Another manager wouldn’t have 

A.brought back Tillman 

B. Brought back ubaldo

Lol, right, becaue managers are in charge of personnel decisions. Big Dan signed Ubaldo to a four-year contact, I remind you. 

8 minutes ago, pitbull said:

?????

I’m not ignoring any credible reporting. Maybe you have me confused with someone else. 

I am sure you would agree that even when Big Dan had so-called “full power” that he was lousy at his job. Your argument that he has less power bears no fruit. He is an incompetent GM. All talk, little show.

I also would agree with you that giving Brady Anderson (or the manager) more power in executive decisions is not the answer. According to the credible reporting you referenced, Brady is the reason that Mike Wright remains on the team, even though Wright is garbage.

Again, no need to reply. I know I made too much sense for you to comprehend.

I understand perfectly that you continue to stick your head in the sand on Buck's failings.  Chris Tillman. Chris Tillman Chris Tillman.  SInking in yet???

I agree with you that we need a clean sweep of the FO.  But to be fair to DD,  when he had full power 2012-2014 we had the best record in the AL and made the ALCS.  Now some of that credit also goes to MacPhail on the GM side.  But DD has lost all confidence from ownership so he needs to go.

So we agree with 2 out of 3.  DD needs to leave and Brady needs to stick to personal training or some other Non-personnel position.  I just want Buck gone and you don't .  Fair enough.

Hey 2 out of 3 ain't bad, :)

DD sought and received permission, from Pete, to DFA UJ in the middle of the 3rd year of the deal. Buck went to Pete and pleaded to let UJ stay. Then insisted on keeping him in the rotation. So yes, this manager definitely has a say on the personnel. And UJ isn't the only example of that. 

2 minutes ago, weird-O said:

DD sought and received permission, from Pete, to DFA UJ in the middle of the 3rd year of the deal. Buck went to Pete and pleaded to let UJ stay. Then insisted on keeping him in the rotation. So yes, this manager definitely has a say on the personnel. And UJ isn't the only example of that. 

Buck had a huge influence on the Chris Davis signing.  You have documented that one.   One fact that gets overlooked, is that DD had moved on from Davis and made the deal for Trumbo before Davis was re-signed.  It was the perfect one year first base bridge to Mancini.  But then Buck/Brady put their thumb in the soup and whispered in Pete's ear the Krush was the greatest.

5 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Unless DD is in charge of the lineup card, it's all Buck hitting Reimold instead of Kim or Davis/Trumbo back to back or Davis leadoff or Davis in the lineup period.

9 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Unless DD is in charge of the lineup card, it's all Buck hitting Reimold instead of Kim or Davis/Trumbo back to back or Davis leadoff or Davis in the lineup period.

LOL!!!  Yeah these and his love affair with Tillman are mind numbing. 

11 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

18 minutes ago, weird-O said:

11 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Buck had a huge influence on the Chris Davis signing.  You have documented that one.   One fact that gets overlooked, is that DD had moved on from Davis and made the deal for Trumbo before Davis was re-signed.  It was the perfect one year first base bridge to Mancini.  But then Buck/Brady put their thumb in the soup and whispered in Pete's ear the Krush was the greatest.

Stop with the facts you crazy people

2 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Stop with the facts you crazy people

LOL!!!  Yeah, someone will soon be barking at the mailman:lol:

1 hour ago, pitbull said:

Lol, right, becaue managers are in charge of personnel decisions. Big Dan signed Ubaldo to a four-year contact, I remind you. 

And THE MANAGER kept trotting him out every fifth day, even after it was evident he was no longer a competent starting pitcher, which he actually appeared to be, prior to the signing.

9 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

And THE MANAGER kept trotting him out every fifth day, even after it was evident he was no longer a competent starting pitcher, which he actually appeared to be, prior to the signing.

Buck loves his guys and will play them no matter how bad they suck!!!  Its really quite amazing.  Running Tillman out there this year is the capper on being an inept talent evaluator.

I dont think anyone here is giving DD a pass especially since its his fault for cheating on the Os with the Bluejays onlyto be put on the couch by PA and the fam. 

However all the moves being made now have the prints of Buck and Brady 

28 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I dont think anyone here is giving DD a pass especially since its his fault for cheating on the Os with the Bluejays onlyto be put on the couch by PA and the fam. 

However all the moves being made now have the prints of Buck and Brady 

The thing is, there's a general practice in baseball, that teams let coaches and execs move on, if it's a promotion. I don't blame DD for wanting to take over the entire Blue Jays org. What GM wouldn't want that? But Pete had to go all lawyer about it. I don't think it has ever been determined what Toronto was offering in exchange for DD. But Pete didn't like it, and he probably didn't like that DD wanted to leave. Pete values loyalty, but only as it pertains to people being loyal to him, it's a one way street. 

I have long suspected that DD's power was stripped after that situation, based on things that have been said and written about the new dynamics within the organization. 

Ed Rodgers isn't blameless in this situation. I think tampering could be used as well.

3 minutes ago, weird-O said:

The thing is, there's a general practice in baseball, that teams let coaches and execs move on, if it's a promotion. I don't blame DD for wanting to take over the entire Blue Jays org. What GM wouldn't want that? But Pete had to go all lawyer about it. I don't think it has ever been determined what Toronto was offering in exchange for DD. But Pete didn't like it, and he probably didn't like that DD wanted to leave. Pete values loyalty, but only as it pertains to people being loyal to him, it's a one way street. 

I have long suspected that DD's power was stripped after that situation, based on things that have been said and written about the new dynamics within the organization. 

I agree Pete should have let him go instead of doing this woman's scorned thing

20 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I agree Pete should have let him go instead of doing this woman's scorned thing

Yeah Peter thinks he can lawyer in any situation when the MLB is a different animal. He's proven to be in way over his head time and time again since he became owner.

From the outside looking in, it seems like Pete grounded him for 4 years. It's amazing that he would be so puerile. "I'm not going to let you leave, but I'm not going to let you resume your job here either." It would appear that DD has been reduced to paid spectator status in the org. Pete took a GM that managed to round out the team, and make them competitive, despite the unparalleled Angelos restrictions, a GM that built a team that made it to the ALCS. And out of spite, he decides to ice him.

Sure, that makes sense, coming from a guy who doesn't believe that pitching is an asset, and doesn't believe in drafting at the international level.     

12 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

I agree with you that we need a clean sweep of the FO.  But to be fair to DD,  when he had full power 2012-2014 we had the best record in the AL and made the ALCS.  Now some of that credit also goes to MacPhail on the GM side. 

The majority of the credit, 90 percent, goes to MacPhail. It was his core. Big Dan didn’t have a whole lot to do with the success, other than inheriting that core. i’m sure you would ageee.