Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

Black Teen Nearly Shot After Knocking On Door Asking For Directions To School

80 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Sprightly said:

This kind of people gets little attention. There are many more who do the right thing but it's not on the almighty video. Thanks for posting.

You are welcome.  Happens many times more than what is the topic of the OP.  But what fun is there in reporting those?

7 hours ago, WhatintheHell said:

If I break down in a area I'm not familiar with I'm not knocking on doors and it doesn't matter if it's a black or white neighborhood. I don't trust anyone to bother them black or white.  I'd rather look for a store to get help. Over 30 years ago I remember a kid getting shot killed walking through someones yard where I grew up and it was white on white. Yes it was wrong shooting at the kid. Glad he didn't hit him.  

You, I am guessing, are much older than this kid. Experience has taught you not to do that. This experience has taught this kid a lesson he won’t soon forget. His parents obviously haven’t given him the talk all black children should be hearing. He has a naivety about him.

On 4/14/2018 at 2:02 PM, workerbee said:

Maybe if we saw more stories like this, it would start a movement toward kindness.  Thanks for posting.

8 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Do we know he was new to the area?

The post article said so

7 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

He was visiting there or staying temporarily.  That was not his home.

According to the Board of Elections it usually is.

1 hour ago, EgyptKang said:

You, I am guessing, are much older than this kid. Experience has taught you not to do that. This experience has taught this kid a lesson he won’t soon forget. His parents obviously haven’t given him the talk all black children should be hearing. He has a naivety about him.

Bigger point no one should have to give him that talk. Knocking on a door to ask for directions shouldn’t get you shot!

5 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

Bigger point no one should have to give him that talk. Knocking on a door to ask for directions shouldn’t get you shot!

True. However, this is the reality.

6 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

True. However, this is the reality.

To be fair public would not have helped either.

On 4/14/2018 at 10:31 AM, Chesapeake Spirit said:

I'll do you one better, this world sickens me.  What are we going to do about it?

well MM can leave , but unless you’re an astronaut.......you’re kind of stuck. :P

On 4/14/2018 at 9:17 AM, Marshan Man said:

God bless the US. :rolleyes: this country sickens me. 

Why, because they charged the homeowner?:huh:

On 4/14/2018 at 11:26 AM, Guido2 said:

Some people are just to challenged mentally to figure that one out. 

Definitely should confiscate their guns and hopefully throw the book at them.

And tear up their NRA membership cards. Not making a joke. 

Where does it say they are NRA members? I missed that.

30 minutes ago, caliber45 said:

Why, because they charged the homeowner?:huh:

Do you think it's acceptable to shoot at someone who knocks on your door?

32 minutes ago, caliber45 said:

It sounds like they weren't because if they were they'd probably have hit and killed this poor kid.

1 minute ago, mrsmlh said:

Not at all. I didn't know what MM was talking about the country sickening him. The homeowner should be prosecuted fully and if found guilty all gun rights should be stripped.

1 hour ago, caliber45 said:

Not specifically....but it was implied they likely were ...because of some posters blanket association tendancies.

So to rephrase .

If they are NRA members....the cards should be torn up. 

To be more precise. 

1 hour ago, mrsmlh said:

Nope....but you read my comment about that earlier I am sure. 

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Not specifically....but it was implied they likely were ...because of some posters blanket association tendancies.

So to rephrase .

If they are NRA members....the cards should be torn up. 

To be more precise. 

Well if Ted Nugent is still on the board after all the crap he's done and said, the NRA isn't going to tear up a paying NRA member's card.

Not at all. I didn't know what MM was talking about the country sickening him. The homeowner should be prosecuted fully and if found guilty all gun rights should be stripped.

I think MM was just saying how is sickens him that people feel free to shoot at a black kid knocking on their door.

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

Nope....but you read my comment about that earlier I am sure. 

Wasn't responding to you but to caliber45.  I know how you feel.

caliber. ..... I wonder and I wonder if you do also.....

I wonder if the anti-gunners here are picking up what I perceive as a very consistent theme among pro-gunner. That is .....'If you f-up.....you pay the price...period'.

They never seem to 'get' that....IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Well if Ted Nugent is still on the board after all the crap he's done and said, the NRA isn't going to tear up a paying NRA member's card.

I said they should....and the 'grass roots' real NRAers for the most part probably agree. 

However just like goooooberment....there is the upper level and the rest....and never the twain shall meet. 

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

I think MM was just saying how is sickens him that people feel free to shoot at a black kid knocking on their door.

Wasn't responding to you but to caliber45.  I know how you feel.

Just wanted to be sure.....things have gotten on these forums....in general....about who says what lately ....when topics such as this come up. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Guido2

11 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

caliber. ..... I wonder and I wonder if you do also.....

I wonder if the anti-gunners here are picking up what I perceive as a very consistent theme among pro-gunner. That is .....'If you f-up.....you pay the price...period'.

They never seem to 'get' that....IMO. 

Wait a minute!  This kid knocked on someone's door to ask directions how in the hell is that f-uping?

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Wait a minute!  This kid knocked on someone's door to ask directions how in the hell is that f-uping?

Oopppp I had better clear that one up.

NO WAY... that the kid messed up....not even close to what I meant. Sorry about the confusion. 

I was trying to point out that people such as the idiot that took the shot.....are denounced and rejected by most all pro-guns people that post here.  That we don't like being 'mixed in' with a-holes like them. And they ...with our blessing...should be severely punished. It has been stated several times by several pro-gun posters.

But ...in general....you have to admit.....that position is not even enough to satisfy some. 

Pheeew....hope that is clarified. 

Edited by Guido2

10 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Oopppp I had better clear that one up.

NO WAY... that the kid messed up....not even close to what I meant. Sorry about the confusion. 

I was trying to point out that people such as the idiot that took the shot.....are denounced and rejected by most all pro-guns people that post here.  That we don't like being 'mixed in' with a-holes like them. And they ...with our blessing...should be severely punished. It has been stated several times by several pro-gun posters.

But ...in general....you have to admit.....that position is not even enough to satisfy some. 

Pheeew....hope that is clarified. 

Got it and kinda hoped that was what you meant.

12 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Got it and kinda hoped that was what you meant.

:)