Cameron

Mueller has evidence Cohen was in Prague in 2016, confirming part of dossier

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Trump’s threats to fire Mueller or the deputy attorney general overseeing the investigation, Rod Rosenstein, grew louder this week when the FBI raided Cohen’s home, hotel room and office on Monday. The raid was unrelated to the Trump-Russia collusion probe, but instead focused on payments made to women who have said they had sexual relationships with Trump.

Cohen has vehemently denied for months that he ever has been in Prague or colluded with Russia during the campaign. Neither he nor his lawyer responded to requests for comment for this story.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article208870264.html

 

"A core accusation was that I had traveled to Prague to meet with Russians regarding interfering with the election.

I have never in my life been to Prague or to anywhere in the Czech Republic.I might also add that I only have one passport (a United States Passport). I have to say that to you today – that I only have one passport – because another media outlet suggested that – as a Jew – I must also have an Israeli passport!

Aside from such an allegation being incredibly offensive, it is also totally wrong.

Let me tell you where I was on the day the dossier said I was in Prague.

I was in Los Angeles with my son who dreams of playing division 1 baseball next year at a prestigious university like USC. We were visiting the campus, meeting with various coaches, and discussing his future. Media sources have been able to confirm these facts and I can provide you with proof."

(STATEMENT OF MICHAEL COHEN, TO THE SENATE SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE - - - September 19, 2017)

Edited by Cameron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Donny can pardon his personal lawyer? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

I wonder if Donny can pardon his personal lawyer? :D

That's what the Libby pardon is about.

Libby fell on his sword for Cheney and Trump is reaching out to Cohen who said he'd take a bullet for Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"COHEN had been accompanied to Prague by 3 colleagues and the timing of the visit was either in the last week of August or the first week of September. One of their main Russian interlocutors was Oleg SOLODUKHIN operating under Rossotrudnichestvo cover. According to [redacted], the agenda comprised questions on how deniable cash payments were to be made to hackers who had worked in Europe under Kremlin direction against the CLINTON campaign and various contingencies for covering up these operations and Moscow’s secret liaison with the TRUMP team more generally."

STEELE DOSSIER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cameron said:

That's what the Libby pardon is about.

Libby fell on his sword for Cheney and Trump is reaching out to Cohen who said he'd take a bullet for Trump.

Ah, but there are two main differences here.  One, Cohen also seems to have broken a host of State laws.  State prosecutions and convictions are not subject to a federal (presidental) pardon.  Two, although under the purview of a special prosecutor, there was never even a hint that Bush was involved.  If a pardon is used to obstruct an investigation, it becomes tainted.  Oh, there's  a side effect as well.  If Trump does pardon Cohen on these charges, then Mueller (or others) can force him to testify, either before the Grand Jury or elsewhere.  No fifth amendment is possible.  He HAS to tell all at that point.  Basically, there are no good options for Trump or Cohen here.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GRF said:

Ah, but there are two main differences here.  One, Cohen also seems to have broken a host of State laws.  State prosecutions and convictions are not subject to a federal (presidental) pardon.  Two, although under the purview of a special prosecutor, there was never even a hint that Bush was involved.  If a pardon is used to obstruct an investigation, it becomes tainted.  Oh, there's  a side effect as well.  If Trump does pardon Cohen on these charges, then Mueller (or others) can force him to testify, either before the Grand Jury or elsewhere.  No fifth amendment is possible.  He HAS to tell all at that point.  Basically, there are no good options for Trump or Cohen here.

 

 

 

Why do you think Cohen would tell the truth if he were forced to testify?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So turns out that dossier was true. Apparently there is a golden showers tape as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cameron said:

 

Why do you think Cohen would tell the truth if he were forced to testify?

Mueller and co. will know what the truth is, and is not.  And any lying, under oath, would bring up new charges.  Plus, remember, he can't be pardoned until he has been found guilty.  And Mueller can force him to allocute to those charges.  Cohen is basically stuck.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

So turns out that dossier was true. Apparently there is a golden showers tape as well.

Despite the Fox pundits' protestations, it will probably come out that the dossier is more true than false.  Heck, they seem to forget that the important work on the dossier was actually paid for by the Republicans, not the Democrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GRF said:

Despite the Fox pundits' protestations, it will probably come out that the dossier is more true than false.  Heck, they seem to forget that the important work on the dossier was actually paid for by the Republicans, not the Democrats.

they aren't forgetting....they are intentionally lying....it's a staple of the state run media....the dear leader is always to be honored, protected, and above all else, believed 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

So turns out that dossier was true. Apparently there is a golden showers tape as well.

I'd pay to see that...

...and rinse my eyes with bleach afterwards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, GRF said:

Mueller and co. will know what the truth is, and is not.  And any lying, under oath, would bring up new charges.  Plus, remember, he can't be pardoned until he has been found guilty.  And Mueller can force him to allocute to those charges.  Cohen is basically stuck.   

That's false:

''It extends to every offense known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction"

EX PARTE GARLAND

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/71/333.html

On edit:  A good example is Ford's pardon of Nixon where he pardoned Nixon for "any crimes he may have committed while President."

Edited by Cameron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the pee tape getting mainstream media coverage. More reason to believe it exists at this point than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GRF said:

Ah, but there are two main differences here.  One, Cohen also seems to have broken a host of State laws.  State prosecutions and convictions are not subject to a federal (presidental) pardon.  Two, although under the purview of a special prosecutor, there was never even a hint that Bush was involved.  If a pardon is used to obstruct an investigation, it becomes tainted.  Oh, there's  a side effect as well.  If Trump does pardon Cohen on these charges, then Mueller (or others) can force him to testify, either before the Grand Jury or elsewhere.  No fifth amendment is possible.  He HAS to tell all at that point.  Basically, there are no good options for Trump or Cohen here.

 

 

Yah beat me to it. 

As I said...Muller is 5 moves ahead in 3-D chess and Trump is still trying to figure out checkers. I am sure that Muller all ready predicted the pardons. 

Trump is in big doo doo.

I like what a commentor said on the TV the other night....in reference to Trump/admin/etc......'the gun is loaded and the safety is off' ....great line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cameron said:

 

Why do you think Cohen would tell the truth if he were forced to testify?

Keep in mind one thing. When it comes to really really good prosecutors....they never ask a question that they already don't know the answer to. Particularly in a game like this with such high stakes. 

So 'if' Cohen tells the truth...it may help him not spending not so much time in jail. If he doesn't tell the truth....he only makes the situation even worse for himself. 

The prosecution knows the answers and I am pretty sure....especially after this recent warm-up 'pardon' ...that they are strongly advising him....that the Prez can't bail him out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cameron said:

That's what the Libby pardon is about.

Libby fell on his sword for Cheney and Trump is reaching out to Cohen who said he'd take a bullet for Trump.

IMO.....what Libby did is like paying someone elses parking ticket compared to what Cohen may have to deal with. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am beginning to wonder if all this to-do about the pee tape .....is NOT so much about the disgusting nature of act .

But rather ....it is one more link to what Russia may have held over the head of Trump to do their bidding. 

I also wonder if we will not be seeing more such things in connection with Russia suddenly 'coming out'...and it is because the 'useful idiot' is no longer of value to Puttie. And now especially after Trump bad mouth Russia during the Syrian speech. 

Well not really but for Trump/Puttie/Russia.....that was trash talk. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I am beginning to wonder if all this to-do about the pee tape .....is NOT so much about the disgusting nature of act .

But rather ....it is one more link to what Russia may have held over the head of Trump to do their bidding. 

I also wonder if we will not be seeing more such things in connection with Russia suddenly 'coming out'...and it is because the 'useful idiot' is no longer of value to Puttie. And now especially after Trump bad mouth Russia during the Syrian speech. 

Well not really but for Trump/Puttie/Russia.....that was trash talk. :lol:

Having to watch endless clips of President Stanky and his urinating fly girls on TV might be the coup de grace the nation has been waiting for. It should certainly send Melania packing back to Slovenia. No doubt Fox will make elaborate claims of it being faked but everybody expects that anyway.  Hey, every bit helps. What an oaf.

Edited by zenwalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

IMO.....what Libby did is like paying someone elses parking ticket compared to what Cohen may have to deal with. 

 

The big difference is the money.

As GRF pointed out, Trump can't pardon anybody for state crimes.

I'm not sure if it was a slip-up, because grand juries are supposed to be secret, but I heard Katty Kay say that "Mueller has boots on the ground all over the place in various states" in a discussion about how  firing Mueller would not end the investigation.

Edited by Cameron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cameron said:

The big difference is the money.

As GRF pointed out, Trump can't pardon anybody for state crimes.

I'm not sure if it was a slip-up, because grand juries are supposed to be secret, but I heard Katty Kay say that "Mueller has boots on the ground all over the place in various states" in a discussion about how  firing Mueller would not  the investigation.

It's thought that the money laundering and other financial aspects of Trump Empire may be handed off to Eric Sneiderman (sp?) NY Attorney General. He's the one who successfully prosecuted Trump U and if tried in state court Trump as has been noted cannot pardon away those sorts of crimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I am beginning to wonder if all this to-do about the pee tape .....is NOT so much about the disgusting nature of act .

But rather ....it is one more link to what Russia may have held over the head of Trump to do their bidding. 

I also wonder if we will not be seeing more such things in connection with Russia suddenly 'coming out'...and it is because the 'useful idiot' is no longer of value to Puttie. And now especially after Trump bad mouth Russia during the Syrian speech. 

Well not really but for Trump/Puttie/Russia.....that was trash talk. :lol:

Trump is doing exactly what Pootie paid him for; foster war and chaos in the middle east.  Don't forget, Russia is not a 'nation' in the normal sense of the word; it is a mafia, a criminal enterprise run in a linear fashion, with Pootie on top, picking favorites and running things personally.  Trump and Putin have always gotten along well because they speak the same language, one of complete control, corruption and unbridled power.

Trump's in a pickle regarding Pootie because Trump trusted him.  Vlad has predictably run a bus over him as 'teh don' is no longer useful;  Pootie has his shootin' war in the middle east.  Any idea what's next?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Any idea what's next?

 

It's like spinning the wheel of fortune. Meanwhile the GOP shrugs. I only hope those dopes are held to some sort of accountability otherwise we can expect another cabal and another after that until it takes root and democracy becomes something we read about in books. The GOP is an insurgent party and needs a rolled newspaper across its snout.

Edited by zenwalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Trump is doing exactly what Pootie paid him for; foster war and chaos in the middle east.  Don't forget, Russia is not a 'nation' in the normal sense of the word; it is a mafia, a criminal enterprise run in a linear fashion, with Pootie on top, picking favorites and running things personally.  Trump and Putin have always gotten along well because they speak the same language, one of complete control, corruption and unbridled power.

Trump's in a pickle regarding Pootie because Trump trusted him.  Vlad has predictably run a bus over him as 'teh don' is no longer useful;  Pootie has his shootin' war in the middle east.  Any idea what's next?

 

Old saying ....'What goes around ....comes around.'

Trump getting run over.....couldn't happen to a nicer guy. 

I have several ides as to what is next.  I am kinda figuring ....at this moment....all the Russians involved with Trump are pulling back what ever money/assets they can out of US reach. Then look for Cohen to start coughing up fur balls. and a WikiLeaks about Trumps finances.

And the fat lady starts warming up. 

What a wonderful Xmas present.....chrome bracelets for the Idiot and Thief. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

It's like spinning the wheel of fortune. Meanwhile the GOP shrugs. I only hope those dopes are held to some sort of accountability otherwise we can expect another cabal and another after that until it takes root and democracy becomes something we read about in books. The GOP is an insurgent party and needs a rolled newspaper across its snout.

I think there are three camps in the GOP.

  1. Trump right or wrong.....though that one is shrinking with every breath.
  2. F this.... I am getting out of Dodge with my goodies and my hide in tact. Sub camp....of same....hope they don't find that skeleton
  3. I know what to do but ....I just hope Muller takes Trump out....so I don't have to get my hands dirty. In conjunction with that....I think many that are not up for re-election this go around ....are hoping PRAYING that the dems take the majority and start impeachment proceedings.....this way they can claim 'not me ...not me....ti was those nasty dems'.

Most politicians are pretty spineless when the rubber hits the road. Well except for Barb M. :D when she was in office.  

However the recent class of GOPers....make jelly fish look like Iron Man comparatively. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I think there are three camps in the GOP.

  1. Trump right or wrong.....though that one is shrinking with every breath.
  2. F this.... I am getting out of Dodge with my goodies and my hide in tact. Sub camp....of same....hope they don't find that skeleton
  3. I know what to do but ....I just hope Muller takes Trump out....so I don't have to get my hands dirty. In conjunction with that....I think many that are not up for re-election this go around ....are hoping PRAYING that the dems take the majority and start impeachment proceedings.....this way they can claim 'not me ...not me....ti was those nasty dems'.

Most politicians are pretty spineless when the rubber hits the road. Well except for Barb M. :D when she was in office.  

However the recent class of GOPers....make jelly fish look like Iron Man comparatively. 

 

The suburban republicans wish Trump would go away but because his instability is bad for markets. Their exposure to the news is the top of the hour radio headlines. They are too busy making ends meet to be deep thinkers.  Most of them don't care what Washington does so long as their enclaves have the trash picked up.    

The Trump republicans are complainers who are never happy and view his presidency as a finger in the eye to whomever they blame for their poor circumstances.

Republicans who actually care about real conservatism are statistically extinct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now