Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Balmerboh

Sooooo, Alex Cobb is not good either, huh. Welp.

53 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2018 at 10:38 AM, Dystopia said:

Still not worried about Cobb, he had no ST, he will be fine by May. I don't think he pitched horrible in Detroit, he just had a high-school level defense behind him. Offense still a big problem.

Fine by May, great. Only problem is they could be mathematically eliminated by May at the pace they're going. April counts too unfortunately.

Don't think Cobb is a waste or no good.  I think they should be treating his early games like spring training and limit him to four innings, then five, then six....  Use Scott to throw three innings with Cobb.  It is so tough though to watch.

It would have been to everyone's benefit if Cobb had agreed to a few more minor league starts. Still, I think he'll eventually be fine.

3 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Next start will tell me a lot 

True, because the next start will be No. 4, which is typically about what pitchers get in spring training.

7 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Next start will tell me a lot 

7 hours ago, mdrunning said:

True, because the next start will be No. 4, which is typically about what pitchers get in spring training.

Yeah, that seems about right.  It will be a test too; Angels on the road.

I thought he was looking pretty good last night until the rain came.  That was a quick meltdown. 

Cobb will be fine.  I have finally dropped him from my fantasy team.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Thirteen said:

Cobb will be fine.  I have finally dropped him from my fantasy team.

Thank you.

Edited by Ravens2006

30 hits allowed in 11 2/3 innings pitched.  Think about that for a minute.  Actually no, just a second, a minute is way too long.

His WHIP through 3 starts is 2.8.  Two, point, eight.

Career WHIP of 1.21 before coming here.  2.8 through 3 starts here.  It's creepy.

I know he had no spring training supposedly.  You'd think he would have still been throwing to stay in shape and be ready.  But when you wait until the last minute to acquire a SP then you accept the risk too, that's on you.  April will pass with him either being unavailable or terrible.  

Ok, ok, ok, maybe Cobb’s righting the ship.  ERA now under 10.00.  Very solid start last night — too bad the offense just can’t break loose.

Cobb missed 4 bats last night.

Ew.

2 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Cobb missed 4 bats last night.

Ew.

You don't need to strike guys out when you have a great defense!

Pitch to contact!

:lol:

Ok, I’m back.  What’d I miss?

Brightside is that ERA is sub-8.  That’s less than run per inning.  So all the offense has to do is score a run every inning and we’ll be juuuuuust fine.

I don't understand how this can be happening with Cobb. Sure, the O's stink at developing pitching. But this is an established #2 pitcher that has fallen off the cliff. 

10 hours ago, weird-O said:

I don't understand how this can be happening with Cobb. Sure, the O's stink at developing pitching. But this is an established #2 pitcher that has fallen off the cliff. 

Its the clubhouse that place stinks and its catching on to everyone 

Another epic free agent acquisition by Big Dan Duquette. He just can’t judge pitching talent, period.

I'm not sure how much Duquette had to do with the Cobb signing, and even if it were completely his doing, I still think Cobb was a good acquisition.

Keep it up, Cobber!  We need you while Tillman is on the shelf!

“I just need a 6 or 7 more starts to get the rust out, and I’ll be rounding into form.  Don’t worry about me” ....A. Cobb

What is it with this organization continuously bringing average pitchers in here only to watch them regress.

12 hours ago, pitbull said:

What is it with this organization continuously bringing average pitchers in here only to watch them regress.

On 4/19/2018 at 3:39 PM, pitbull said:

Where did Big Dan find Cobb? What a pick-up!

😉

I think it's fair to call it. Cobb isn't rusty, he's been Orioled. It's a fungus in the shower, or something. Because this shouldn't be happening. 

1 hour ago, weird-O said:

I think it's fair to call it. Cobb isn't rusty, he's been Orioled. It's a fungus in the shower, or something. Because this shouldn't be happening. 

I don't know what he's got on him but he's been horrible.  He's making Ubaldo proud right now. 

15 hours ago, pitbull said:

Take a bow, Roger McDowell.