Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyboy56

Chemical Attack Survivor Wants To Buy Trump A Beer

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Says Trump has a bigger heart than Obama.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/14/politics/trump-syria-attack-survivor/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+(RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories)

Washington (CNN)A survivor of a Syrian chemical attack in 2013 wants to buy President Donald Trump a beer to share his experience on the conditions in the country.

Kassem Eid, who told CNN's Ana Cabrera he lived under two years of siege and bombardment by the Syrian government, said he was glad the President has attempted to do something for the Syrian people.
 
"I just want to tell Mr. Trump directly: I'm a Syrian refugee who survived chemical weapons attacks, who lived under two years of siege and bombardment by the government," Eid said. "I would love to, like, buy you a beer, and just sit in front of you and tell you how bad it is in Syria." 
Eid also said he would tell Trump, that he "proved once again, yesterday, that you have a big heart. At least a lot more bigger than Obama because you actually tried to do something. We need real, long-term commitment to bring peace to Syria."
Edited by flyboy56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

Says Trump has a bigger heart than Obama.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/14/politics/trump-syria-attack-survivor/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+(RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories)

Washington (CNN)A survivor of a Syrian chemical attack in 2013 wants to buy President Donald Trump a beer to share his experience on the conditions in the country.

Kassem Eid, who told CNN's Ana Cabrera he lived under two years of siege and bombardment by the Syrian government, said he was glad the President has attempted to do something for the Syrian people.
 
"I just want to tell Mr. Trump directly: I'm a Syrian refugee who survived chemical weapons attacks, who lived under two years of siege and bombardment by the government," Eid said. "I would love to, like, buy you a beer, and just sit in front of you and tell you how bad it is in Syria." 
Eid also said he would tell Trump, that he "proved once again, yesterday, that you have a big heart. At least a lot more bigger than Obama because you actually tried to do something. We need real, long-term commitment to bring peace to Syria."

Real, long-term commitment? Not exactly Trump's strong suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Real, long-term commitment? Not exactly Trump's strong suit.

 

Just ask his wives......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Real, long-term commitment? Not exactly Trump's strong suit.

For Trump that remains to be seen. For Obama we know he never really committed long term to anything except his healthcare. He was all about his personal legacy. Bad Obama, no beer.

Edited by flyboy56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"With great power comes great responsibility."  Truth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

Says Trump has a bigger heart than Obama.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/14/politics/trump-syria-attack-survivor/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+(RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories)

Washington (CNN)A survivor of a Syrian chemical attack in 2013 wants to buy President Donald Trump a beer to share his experience on the conditions in the country.

Kassem Eid, who told CNN's Ana Cabrera he lived under two years of siege and bombardment by the Syrian government, said he was glad the President has attempted to do something for the Syrian people.
 
"I just want to tell Mr. Trump directly: I'm a Syrian refugee who survived chemical weapons attacks, who lived under two years of siege and bombardment by the government," Eid said. "I would love to, like, buy you a beer, and just sit in front of you and tell you how bad it is in Syria." 
Eid also said he would tell Trump, that he "proved once again, yesterday, that you have a big heart. At least a lot more bigger than Obama because you actually tried to do something. We need real, long-term commitment to bring peace to Syria."

While Trump, of course, does everthing in his power to keep his kind out of this country, I could see him bringing this fellow into the country for a photo-op and then giving him the broom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump should go there and hang out with this guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump and his supporters want nothing to do with people like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Trump and his supporters want nothing to do with people like this.

You would be wrong again since this guy is obviously a Trump supporter and feels in debt to Trump for taking action.

 

If that's not having something to do with people I don't know what is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

You would be wrong again since this guy is obviously a Trump supporter and feels in debt to Trump for taking action.

 

If that's not having something to do with people I don't know what is.

So Trump and his American supporters want to welcome Syrian refugees with open arms?  This guy is a Syrian refugee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 4/14/2018 at 8:53 PM, flyboy56 said:

Says Trump has a bigger heart than Obama.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/14/politics/trump-syria-attack-survivor/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+(RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories)

Washington (CNN)A survivor of a Syrian chemical attack in 2013 wants to buy President Donald Trump a beer to share his experience on the conditions in the country.

Kassem Eid, who told CNN's Ana Cabrera he lived under two years of siege and bombardment by the Syrian government, said he was glad the President has attempted to do something for the Syrian people.
 
"I just want to tell Mr. Trump directly: I'm a Syrian refugee who survived chemical weapons attacks, who lived under two years of siege and bombardment by the government," Eid said. "I would love to, like, buy you a beer, and just sit in front of you and tell you how bad it is in Syria." 
Eid also said he would tell Trump, that he "proved once again, yesterday, that you have a big heart. At least a lot more bigger than Obama because you actually tried to do something. We need real, long-term commitment to bring peace to Syria."

It’s a myth that Obama “did nothing” against Assad.

Obama allowed the CIA to launch a covert war against the Syrian government and it might’ve succeeded had Russia not intervened in 2015:

The program did have periods of success, including in 2015 when rebels using tank-destroying missiles, supplied by the C.I.A. and also Saudi Arabia, routed government forces in northern Syria. But by late 2015 the Russian military offensive in Syria was focusing squarely on the C.I.A.-backed fighters battling Syrian government troops. Many of the fighters were killed, and the fortunes of the rebel army reversed...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/world/middleeast/cia-syria-rebel-arm-train-trump.html

Syria has been the most expensive CIA operation ever.

I actually wish the US didn’t get involved in Syria but we did and it arguably prolonged the war...

Edited by soulflower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

You would be wrong again since this guy is obviously a Trump supporter and feels in debt to Trump for taking action.

 

If that's not having something to do with people I don't know what is.

 

32 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

So Trump and his American supporters want to welcome Syrian refugees with open arms?  This guy is a Syrian refugee.

u.n.r.e.a.l

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

So Trump and his American supporters want to welcome Syrian refugees with open arms?  This guy is a Syrian refugee.

Not bloody likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, soulflower said:

It’s a myth that Obama “did nothing” against Assad.

Obama allowed the CIA to launch a covert war against the Syrian government and it might’ve succeeded had Russia not intervened in 2015:

The program did have periods of success, including in 2015 when rebels using tank-destroying missiles, supplied by the C.I.A. and also Saudi Arabia, routed government forces in northern Syria. But by late 2015 the Russian military offensive in Syria was focusing squarely on the C.I.A.-backed fighters battling Syrian government troops. Many of the fighters were killed, and the fortunes of the rebel army reversed...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/world/middleeast/cia-syria-rebel-arm-train-trump.html

Syria has been the most expensive CIA operation ever.

I actually wish the US didn’t get involved in Syria but we did and it arguably prolonged the war...

50 US diplomats said Obama didn't do enough militarily to support his Syrian policy. John Kerry also made this claim later on. A link I already provided in another thread. No one has said Obama did nothing because it is a fact Obama called for regime change and attempted to do so without fully committing to his belief Assad needed to go. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/50-u-s-diplomats-dissent-of-obamas-syria-policy-in-internal-memo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

50 US diplomats said Obama didn't do enough militarily to support his Syrian policy. John Kerry also made this claim later on. A link I already provided in another thread. No one has said Obama did nothing because it is a fact Obama called for regime change and attempted to do so without fully committing to his belief Assad needed to go. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/50-u-s-diplomats-dissent-of-obamas-syria-policy-in-internal-memo

They wanted the US military to provide air support for the Rebels like we did in Libya. For various reasons Obama decided against that level of intervention in Syria.

Obama did plenty. Again, it was the most expensive CIA op ever. More expensive the the covert war in Afghanistan in the 1980s. 

Could he have done “more”? Certainly but  people should quit saying he did nothing. The covert CIA war in Syria is well documented... 

 

Edited by soulflower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, soulflower said:

They wanted the US military to provide air support for the Rebels like we did in Libya. For various reasons Obama decided against that level of intervention in Syria.

Obama did plenty. Again, it was the most expensive CIA op ever. More expensive the the covert war in Afghanistan in the 1980s. 

Could he have done “more”? Certainly but  people should quit saying he did nothing. The covert CIA war in Syria is well documented... 

 

From my link;

Kerry, a forceful advocate of Obama’s initial plan to launch airstrikes after Assad’s use of chemical weapons, reversed course after the president opted against them. He has complained privately that White House resistance to more intervention has hurt efforts to persuade Russia, in particular, to take a tougher tone with Assad.

Edited by flyboy56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

From my link;

Kerry, a forceful advocate of Obama’s initial plan to launch airstrikes after Assad’s use of chemical weapons, reversed course after the president opted against them. He has complained privately that White House resistance to more intervention has hurt efforts to persuade Russia, in particular, to take a tougher tone with Assad.

We had no coalition.

David Cameron allowed the House of Commons to vote and they voted it down:

John Kerry blames David Cameron for Syria failure

Outgoing secretary of state says UK derailed plans to bomb Assad regime.

https://www.politico.eu/article/john-kerry-blames-david-cameron-for-syria-failure/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

From my link;

Kerry, a forceful advocate of Obama’s initial plan to launch airstrikes after Assad’s use of chemical weapons, reversed course after the president opted against them. He has complained privately that White House resistance to more intervention has hurt efforts to persuade Russia, in particular, to take a tougher tone with Assad.

Well Trump has bombed Syrian government forces twice in the past year or so. What has changed?

Russia is closer than ever to Assad and the Syrian opposition is nearly defeated. 

Nothing short of a full US military commitment to confronting Syria and Russia will change their behavior...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Well Trump has bombed Syrian government forces twice in the past year or so. What has changed?

Russia is closer than ever to Assad and the Syrian opposition is nearly defeated. 

Nothing short of a full US military commitment to confronting Syria and Russia will change their behavior...

Regarding the Afghanistan CIA operation Reagan met the needs to accomplish the mission of fording Russia out. And this is when Russia was deeply entrenched in Afghanistan. It doesn't matter how extensive the CIA mission is. What matters is the extend of the CIA's involvement to succeed a stated goal. Obama fell short on the extend of the CIA's involvement in Syria. 

Trump has not expressed a desire to remove Assad. Trump has also stated ISIS is defeated and time for the US ground troops to leave. Hopefully he does exactly that in a timely manner. The window of opportunity for removing Assad has passed. Striking Assad's chemical weapons with missiles is another issue entirely. It is not about removing Assad as so many like to claim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

So Trump and his American supporters want to welcome Syrian refugees with open arms?  This guy is a Syrian refugee.

And if the Syrian refugee wanted to get far away from his home country he would have offered to buy Obama a beer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

And if the Syrian refugee wanted to get far away from his home country he would have offered to buy Obama a beer. 

The refugees who go through UN refugee camps have little say over what country they go to. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a moment there, I wondered if Geno Love had a relative in Syria, wishing to buy Trump an ice-cold lager...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, soulflower said:

The refugees who go through UN refugee camps have little say over what country they go to. 

 

I would imagine if a refugee had family in a particular country that might give them some leverage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0