EgyptKang

Starbucks chief executive apologises for arrests of two black men

398 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, FormerlySouthSide said:

Discrimination is discrimination.  If they manager is also black, he/she still needs to be fired in this situation.

Ahhh yup! 

3 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Smh...

Why so.....why a smh........you don't think that it is possible for a black person to be freaked out by another black person?

I have been freaked out by some white people.

Apparently those with guns in cities are freaked out all the time by their same race. ;)

So this isn't all about them just sitting there.  I guess words were exchanged when they manager wouldn't give them the code to use the bathroom.  I can see the manager might have copped an attitude with them if they back mouthed him about not being able to get the code.

"The problems started when the men asked for the code needed to use the bathroom and were told it was only available for paying customers." 

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/16/news/companies/starbucks-ceo-apology/index.html

50 minutes ago, downunder said:

I don't see anything wrong with what they were wearing,  They weren't mouthing off to the cops so I doubt they were making a scene prior to the cops arriving.  

I don't blame the cops either they were doing what they were called for.  This is all on the manager and he/she was wrong.

Based on what I have read I tend to agree.

12 minutes ago, downunder said:

So this isn't all about them just sitting there.  I guess words were exchanged when they manager wouldn't give them the code to use the bathroom.  I can see the manager might have copped an attitude with them if they back mouthed him about not being able to get the code.

"The problems started when the men asked for the code needed to use the bathroom and were told it was only available for paying customers." 

I like the 1st comment. The CEO didn't apologize for selling over priced coffee ......

My wife & I will stop at one while traveling. Most times to use the bathroom but then she will get her Chai Tea Latte.

1 minute ago, stevez51 said:

My wife & I will stop at one while traveling. Most times to use the bathroom but then she will get her Chai Tea Latte.

Key words

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

Key words

Because she loves Chai Tea Latte's ..??

We stopped at a Mickey D's just to use the bathroom last trip. Their bathrooms are around the side. We did it because the rest stop was closed.

Edited by stevez51

2 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Fired!

Starbucks manager who made call leading to black men's arrests no longer works there - ABC News https://abcn.ws/2Hqva16

They better let CNN know .......

22 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

The manager’s no longer working at that location. 

Big surprise. :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, FormerlySouthSide said:

Discrimination is discrimination.  If they manager is also black, he/she still needs to be fired in this situation.

If everyone who was wary of young black men in an urban setting should be fired from customer-contact jobs, that would exclude a significant percentage of people of all races.

Recall that Jesse Jackson once said: "There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved."

19 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

Show me a link where a white person has been arrested for loitering inside of a Starbucks. I already provided a link where the white people say that this never happened to them.

Your turn.

4 hours ago, Guido2 said:

:lol: ahhhh right

LOL!!  Just as I thought.

35 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I bet you would just turn yourself inside out .....if it turned out the manager was black. 

Now would that not be a hoot. 

WTH would the manager's race have to do with how these young men were treated?? Duh..

24 minutes ago, Norman said:

SMH...they'll never learn. Starbucks better go into damage control mode big time...

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, regularguy said:

If everyone who was wary of young black men in an urban setting should be fired from customer-contact jobs, that would exclude a significant percentage of people of all races.

Recall that Jesse Jackson once said: "There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved."

Exclude 'em then.  I love how you think it's justifiable to discriminate against black males. SMH...

Edited by Marshan Man

2 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

SMH...they'll never learn. Starbucks better go into damage control mode big time...

Not enough groveling so far by the CEO to suit you?

Just now, Marshan Man said:

Exclude 'em then.  I love how you think it's justifiable to discriminate against black males. SMH...

I said that a lot of people, of all races, are wary of young black men in urban settings. I wouldn't be surprised if you are too.

15 minutes ago, regularguy said:

Just now, Marshan Man said:

Boggles the mind doesn't it?  

I guess black people should be wary of all whites because they are racists.

Just now, regularguy said:

I said that a lot of people, of all races, are wary of young black men in urban settings. I wouldn't be surprised if you are too.

Not those two dudes at Starbucks. They looked so threatening... :rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, EgyptKang said:

Only THEIR fears are valid... :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

I don't decide what people are, or should be, wary about. It seems quite likely that a lot of black people are wary  of white people.

Edited by regularguy

Posted (edited)

The matter has been resolved. The one particular manager with that attitude has been let go from that one particular Starbucks. 

A boycott or march or protest is not needed. It’s over and done. 

It didn’t happen in a coordinated action in all Starbucks. It only happened in this one particular store. 

Life and coffee goes on. 

Edited by PinkFlamingo

10 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

The matter has been resolved. The one particular manager with that attitude has been let go from that one particular Starbucks. 

A boycott or march or protest is not needed. It’s over and done. 

It didn’t happen in a coordinated action in all Starbucks. It only happened in this one particular store. 

Life and coffee goes on. 

Terrible overpriced coffee anyway.  I have been boycotting for years