Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob

This offense stinks

81 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, pitbull said:

Correct. And a lot of folks on here blame Buck for that, lol. Didn’t realize managers assemble roosters.

Buck definitely has a say. Probably more than most MLB managers.

And he's been the one who has banged the drum for guys who should have been released eons ago. So he may not have been the ine signing them to their deals but he's been the one who's stopping them from being released. Tillman sounds like he will be the next one.

Check out the recent Rosenthal article. It sounds like Duquette has been marginalized and just serving out the last few months of his contract in a powerless role. So you can stop creating the same threads over and over again.

Edited by Pickle20

20 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

And he's been the one who has banged the drum for guys who should have been released eons ago. So he may not have been the ine signing them to their deals but he's been the one who's stopping them from being released. Tillman sounds like he will be the next one.

Check out the recent Rosenthal article. It sounds like Duquette has been marginalized and just serving out the last few months of his contract in a powerless role. So you can stop creating the same threads over and over again.

Agree 100%

Didn't Buck also choose the 25 man roster to head north which included Tillman, Cortes, Wright, Rasmus and Valencia???   :)  I guess DD is also telling Buck to start Tillman 21 soon to be 22 times without one stinking win.  :lol:

45 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Agree 100%

Didn't Buck also choose the 25 man roster to head north which included Tillman, Cortes, Wright, Rasmus and Valencia???   :)  I guess DD is also telling Buck to start Tillman 21 soon to be 22 times without one stinking win.  :lol:

Just to clarify, Tillman is at 27 starts w/o a win, and counting. ;)

5 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Just to clarify, Tillman is at 27 starts w/o a win, and counting. ;)

It's 21.

17 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

It's 21.

I read an article that must have had a typo in it. 

2 minutes ago, weird-O said:

I read an article that must have had a typo in it. 

It may be 27 appearances without a win. He was in the bullpen at the end of the year last year and didn't get any wins then either.

9 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

It may be 27 appearances without a win. He was in the bullpen at the end of the year last year and didn't get any wins then either.

Nah, it was a typo. Or I may have mistaken the 7 for a 1. Because I was shocked that he had so many starts, without a win. I don't place much value on a pitcher's W-L record, Bundy's 2018 season is a perfect example of why. But damn, 0 for 21? That's too long of a stretch, for a guy to come up empty handed. 

10 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Ah, that what it is.  Like Weird, I was seeing 2 different numbers.  Both are god awful, mind boggling numbers.  Looks like Tilly is up again Thursday in Detroit!!!!   Slide licking his chops on another auto loss.  This Buck is something else .  God, I'd rather see Hess given a shot.  He is up right now.  I guess he is picking up jock straps in the locker room like Harvey and Rameriez did.  They certainly didn't pitch.   Buck must be getting a piece of that Norfolk shuttle :lol:  Plus he loves moving the checkers around.  Used to work back in the day.  But like everything Buck, its just old and stale now.

I wonder if that Norfolk bullpen shuttle will work as good for Harvey, Rameriez and Hess as it did for the Gasman????   :rolleyes:

Harvey should be starting every 5 days, shuttle or no shuttle. This team is destined to lose 90+ games so even if it is at the MLB level, just get him regular starts.

I'm against the idea of bringing up Harvey. The main reason is, this team isn't competing for anything. So why rush him up, when he needs to get some AA innings in. I know he looked good in ST, but ST isn't the regular season. While I don't necessarily believe that a pitcher's confidence can be destroyed, I do believe that I pitcher will change his approach to a game, if he's getting beat around on a regular basis. Whatever pitches need to be polished, will be put on the shelf, or reserved for side sessions, because they aren't working. That means his development will be hindered. 

Let him follow the traditional path, especially given how few innings he's pitched. I will be very interested to see what becomes of Gausman, after he leaves the O's. When he came up, Ken Rosenthal tweeted something along the lines of, "The best pitcher in baseball just got called up to Baltimore". That's obviously a bit of hyperbole. But it shows how much was expected of KG. Then the team "Oriole-d" him, and reduced him to an unreliable, inconsistent, #4 pitcher. Why? Because they used an inexperienced pitcher in multiple roles, and bounced him up and down for more than a season. Of course he isn't going to be a good starter. He never had the chance to develop into a starting pitcher.  

LOL!  Hess optioned out already!  Probably a position player coming up.  Also, Roch is saying Tilly has been sent to the pen temporarily until a fifth starter is needed again. Rain out today has everyone pushed back.  Sorry Slide!!!!!

4 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

?????

I’m not creating the “same threads” over & over again. 

Simply pointing out undebateable facts.

And it’s a good thing Big Dan’s so-called “power” has been marginalized because he is lousy at his job. On the other hand, do we really want anyone else in the Front Office handling his duties?

1 minute ago, pitbull said:

?????

I’m not creating the “same threads” over & over again. 

Simply pointing out undebateable facts.

And it’s a good thing Big Dan’s so-called “power” has been marginalized because he is lousy at his job. On the other hand, do we really want anyone else in the Front Office handling his duties?

Yeah, you kinda do. I don't know what you're going to do when "Big Dan" leaves.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Pickle20 said:

Yeah, you kinda do. I don't know what you're going to do when "Big Dan" leaves.

Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. Please cite a specific example of the same threads “over and over” again or anthing I have opined that isn’t true. Good luck.

Edited by pitbull

2 minutes ago, pitbull said:

Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. Please cite a specific example of the same threads “over and over” again or anthing I have opined that isn’t true. Good luck.

Not saying it isn't true, but your posts and threads have melted into something resembling that big fatburg they dredged from the city sewers recently. At least for me.

The defense sucks, too.

I usually have the TV muted when I watch ... Does Bordick still say the defense is good?

10 minutes ago, Mr. Buzzcut said:

The defense sucks, too.

I usually have the TV muted when I watch ... Does Bordick still say the defense is good?

The defense definitely isn't what it was in 2014.

Every aspect of the team is significantly worse than where it was 4 years ago.

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

The defense definitely isn't what it was in 2014.

Every aspect of the team is significantly worse than where it was 4 years ago.

Hmmmm!  Ownership the same.  DDs power stripped.  Brady and Buck with more power and more say.  Let's all connect the dots here.  Wait for it, a certain repetitive post is coming!!!!

My two cents - Buck's act is as stale as a week old crispy crème!  

Edited by CROUSEMAN

1 hour ago, CROUSEMAN said:

LOL!  Hess optioned out already!  Probably a position player coming up.  Also, Roch is saying Tilly has been sent to the pen temporarily until a fifth starter is needed again. Rain out today has everyone pushed back.  Sorry Slide!!!!!

It's ok.  Now he has the chance to ruin a game every day!

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Hmmmm!  Ownership the same.  DDs power stripped.  Brady and Buck with more power and more say.  Let's all connect the dots here.  Wait for it, a certain repetitive post is coming!!!!

Buck's act is as stale as a week old crispy crème!  

It all stems from a lack of talent flowing into and through the organization. Cutting yourself off from a talent pool (international amateur free agency) will do that. Failing to scout properly or develop players does that. Depending on the Rule V draft to give you MLB caliber players will do that.

Buck is trying to make lemonade from crab apples.

He has his faults but he's not to blame here. Hopefully the Angelos boys can change this errant philosophy.

Edited by Pickle20

Just now, Slidemaster said:

It's ok.  Now he has the chance to ruin a game every day!

Yeah I hear you :D.  Dear lord he can't get prepped for a start let alone a short notice call to the pen.  It will take 4 innings to get loose.  Ugly.

2 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

It all stems from a lack of talent flowing into and through the organization. Cutting yourself off from a talent pool (international amateur free agency) will do that. Failing to scout properly or develop players does that. Depending on the Rule V draft to give you MLB caliber players will do that.

Buck is trying to make lemonade from crab apples.

He has his faults but he's not to blame here. Hopefully the Angelos boys can change this errant philosophy.

Sorry but Buck's list of guys that he has pushed for the last 4 years is dreadful.  Loser after loser. He has a big piece of this debacle.  Not all, but a big piece.  His record the last year and 16 games says he is pretty bad.  

3 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Sorry but Buck's list of guys that he has pushed for the last 4 years is dreadful.  Loser after loser. He has a big piece of this debacle.  Not all, but a big piece.  His record the last year and 16 games says he is pretty bad.  

He's got his favorites, I agree. But if we had better talent coming through the system, he'd be playing them instead of using the dreck he's been forced to use.

Buck pushed for the return of Davis and Trumbo,  Two broken down, declining sluggers that account for roughly 20% of the payroll or $35mil.  And zero production!!!!   Is it any wonder this offense blows.  Brady has his thumb in the soup too.  Sounds like DD is just a convenient fall guy since his power was stripped in 2015.  Just utilized for picking up carry out food from Dempsey's.:D