Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lawman 27

Consent decrees progress

56 posts in this topic

"Judge: BPD making slow progress under consent decree"

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/judge-bpd-making-slow-progress-under-consent-decree/19779253

Slow progress?
Crime in Baltimore is running wild, honest citizens are hiding in terror (or fleeing the City), dedicated Police (honest ones) are avoiding employment with the City at all costs...

I'd say the Consent Decree is working exactly as it was expected to do.

Before anyone starts going off on a tangent here...

I will say that YES, there are some bad Cops out there and YES they make it hard for the honest Cops.

But it seems that the purpose of the decree was to CRUSH the life out of the honest Cops, while doing nothing about the problem children!!!

38 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

I will say that YES, there are some bad Cops out there and YES they make it hard for the honest Cops.

But it seems that the purpose of the decree was to CRUSH the life out of the honest Cops, while doing nothing about the problem children!!!

What exactly is a consent decree? I know, I got google. 

OK , found it. Looks like it will make it tougher for a good cop. The bad cops won't give a crap. They'll find a way around it. Good political feel good scam though. It'll get some votes. Especially, the gangsters.:lol:

17 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

Here you go with one of your whining drama queen posts. How hard is it for officers to do their job professionally and within the law? No one is trying to crush anything out of honest cops. Honest cops aren’t the problem. 

17 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

OK , found it. Looks like it will make it tougher for a good cop. The bad cops won't give a crap. They'll find a way around it. Good political feel good scam though. It'll get some votes. Especially, the gangsters.:lol:

Oh....you figured that out. Bad guys bad cops....don't care.

Just like gun control laws....only the good law abiders are affected. 

5 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Oh....you figured that out. Bad guys bad cops....don't care.

Just like gun control laws....only the good law abiders are affected. 

We find these truths to be self evident..........:lol:

Good cops that don’t report bad cops aren’t good cops. 

5 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Does that also go for the criminals not snitching ..???

3 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Does that also go for the criminals not snitching ..???

Criminals aren’t typically thought of as “good”. :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

I can’t believe he posted something that dumb. Never mind, yes I can. :lol:

18 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Yeah sure.....tell to the cop that found a rat under his windshield. 

:rolleyes::lol:

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, bmore_ken said:

Here you go with one of your whining drama queen posts. How hard is it for officers to do their job professionally and within the law? No one is trying to crush anything out of honest cops. Honest cops aren’t the problem. 

Ken,

If honest Cops are not the problem, then why are they the first one targeted when something (anything) happens?

Example: Currently an Officer who makes a car stop must do everything short of apologizing to the driver before giving a ticket. Yup, that makes me want to stop a car.

I've also heard from a City resident that he was appalled that a B&E suspect was let go without the Police even running him for warrants. (The Officers KNOW that they face more punishment for doing their jobs and making a good arrest then the suspect does for breaking into a home)!

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, mrdeltoid said:

What exactly is a consent decree? I know, I got google. 

A legal document to make the Politicians look like they're doing something.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:47 PM, Marshan Man said:

Hey what about Robin Hood? :lol:

7 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

Ken,

If honest Cops are not the problem, then why are they the first one targeted when something (anything) happens?

Example: Currently an Officer who makes a car stop must do everything short of apologizing to the driver before giving a ticket. Yup, that makes me want to stop a car.

I've also heard from a City resident that he was appalled that a B&E suspect was let go without the Police even running him for warrants. (The Officers KNOW that they face more punishment for doing their jobs and making a good arrest then the suspect does for breaking into a home)!

I can neither confirm no deny that statement. But I would wager that there is more than a grain of truth to it. 

And looking into the future.....as more an more 'mother may I' rules get laid down for the cops to follow. You will see more and more of that.

What.................... chase after a guy.....he shoots at me .... I shoot back....I end up in court? Ahhh nope. 

Ohhh and for the saber rattlers.....that was a scenario.

10 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

A legal document to make the Politicians look like they're doing something.

Ohhh it is doing plenty. It is a perfect platform for garnering votes by being able to hammer the police so the city....ahhhhhhhh....voters are happy.

Simple as that. 

21 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

Ken,

What honest cop is targeted? I imagine it would be a nice job to do to be a police officer and be exempt from doing your job according to some set of constitutional rules. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Lawman 27 said:

Ken,

Prove any of that is real. Nothing in the consent decree says an officer can’t run someone for a warrant. Just stop lying.

Edited by bmore_ken

45 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

What honest cop is targeted? I imagine it would be a nice job to do to be a police officer and be exempt from doing your job according to some set of constitutional rules. 

Exactly. Lawman’s poor persecuted cop routine has gotten old. 

59 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Ohhh it is doing plenty. It is a perfect platform for garnering votes by being able to hammer the police so the city....ahhhhhhhh....voters are happy.

Simple as that. 

How are police being “hammered ?”

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

How are police being “hammered ?”

OK hammered is too strong a word. Maybe hampered would be better. Yes, I agree that many of the new rules are good to keep cops in line. 

However, I predict as time progresses there will be more and more 'picky' things that will bring cops into court. Rather than the bad guys.

I guess is the first thing you will see drop in and allow crime to rise is pro-active policing will be out the window. From what I have gleaned that even stopping someone to ask a question is getting real close to having to have a warrant to do so. (yeah a bit dramatic but you get my point). 

But like everything,  changes in law enforcement is on a pendulum.....some cops were allowed to run wild due to lack of supervision etc.....so the pendulum is swinging the other way by things like the consent decree....and when the geniuses in city hall figure out that playing nice with bad guys is destroying the city even further.....the cops will get blamed there will be lots of finger pointing and hand wringing...and ....the rules will be loosened and the pendulum will swing the other way. IMO. 

But if the GA actually did its job to protect citizens instead of pandering votes....maybe bills to keep bad guys locked up would have passed ....bad guys would stay in jail ...and cops wouldn't have to do much. And wouldn't that be nice. 

Edited by Guido2

The consent decree doesn’t force cops to play nice with criminals. You and Lawman need to stop with the ridiculous statements

Hampered = not being able to abuse the citizenry at will. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

The consent decree doesn’t force cops to play nice with criminals. You and Lawman need to stop with the ridiculous statements

I think you are being to literal.