Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

13 shot, 5 dead in Baltimore weekend shootings

128 posts in this topic

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/12-shot-4-dead-in-baltimore-weekend-shootings

As temperatures rise, so does the violence in the city.

According to police, twelve people were shot throughout Baltimore City, leaving four dead, from Friday through Sunday morning.

… Nine people were shot, two were killed, including an 18-year-old woman in Baltimore City on Friday, bringing the weekend total of shootings to thirteen by Sunday morning.

Does this mean another school walkout and protest, or does it matter if the shootings are all separate incidents and don't exceed a certain number in one location?

21 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Does this mean another school walkout and protest, or does it matter if the shootings are all separate incidents and don't exceed a certain number in one location?

While a few Baltimorians will be lighting vigil candles, more will be concentrating on lighting up each other!

4 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/12-shot-4-dead-in-baltimore-weekend-shootings

Not at all, that only happens when a cop is involved. Black on black crime is the one and only exception where black folk won't protest or walk out from school. 

Posted (edited)

Actually, the March for Our Lives protested all gun violence.

And there are protests going on over this violence, action being taken in the community. Unfortunately it is more like sticking a finger in a leaky dam. Just like protests over mass/school shootings won't stop them either. Not as long as Americans continuously worship at the altar of the gun -- in city ghettos, towns and in rural trailer parks.

So I don't understand the thread.

Edited by Pickle20

11 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

Not at all, that only happens when a cop is involved. Black on black crime is the one and only exception where black folk won't protest or walk out from school. 

Most of those protest are when cops kill innocent BLACK people unnecessary so save the dribble.  You guys must being jumping for joy this morning you don't have just one murder to talk about you have five.  I don't see any other city marching when black people kill black people or when white people kill white people.  Why should Baltimore be any different?

26 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Another cease fire weekend coming .......

Would that be a bad thing?

1 hour ago, bogart said:

Most of those protest are when cops kill innocent BLACK people unnecessary so save the dribble.  You guys must being jumping for joy this morning you don't have just one murder to talk about you have five.  I don't see any other city marching when black people kill black people or when white people kill white people.  Why should Baltimore be any different?

No, but how about a 365 cease fire .......

1 hour ago, bogart said:

When it comes to crime I thought being different from other urban areas was the whole point.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, bogart said:

ahhhh no.................seems there has been a few.....'Stop the killing' marches....in protest of black on black killings. Actually IMO when you at least setting aside 'poor freddie' and that wasn't a shooting.....most all the 'Cease Fire' stuff has been about black on black shootings. 

Or am I wrong?  :rolleyes:

BTW... this is local so stay focused. 

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, stevez51 said:

No, but how about a 365 cease fire .......

In a perfect world that would be a good thing.

54 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

ahhhh no.................seems there has been a few.....'Stop the killing' marches....in protest of black on black killings. Actually IMO when you at least setting aside 'poor freddie' and that wasn't a shooting.....most all the 'Cease Fire' stuff has been about black on black shootings. 

Or am I wrong?  :rolleyes:

BTW... this is local so stay focused. 

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 minutes ago, bogart said:

In a perfect world that would be a good thing.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You always do seem to fall asleep in the face of facts.

I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Just now, Pickle20 said:

Why are people so obsessed with marches?

Ahhhh....because it makes them think they are doing something. 

But more than likely it is to get attention and news coverage in an attempt to get city gooooberment to do something. 

I dunno.....I think a lot of the problem is that the city has a large percentage of sheeples for decades. They expect someone else to handle it. 

I live in Woodlawn...yeah we call the cops when a Section 8er move in....but for the most part we are not sheeples....and let them know on no uncertain terms there.....ahhhhh life style is not acceptable. 

It is called being proactive and not reactive and expecting someone else to handle it. 

But you see....we care. 

Ohhhhh ....weather is going to be wet and cold till Thursday......

Thursday it is supposed to approach 70.....so wait for the shootings to spike ....due to catch. 

6 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Ahhhh....because it makes them think they are doing something. 

But more than likely it is to get attention and news coverage in an attempt to get city gooooberment to do something. 

I dunno.....I think a lot of the problem is that the city has a large percentage of sheeples for decades. They expect someone else to handle it. 

I live in Woodlawn...yeah we call the cops when a Section 8er move in....but for the most part we are not sheeples....and let them know on no uncertain terms there.....ahhhhh life style is not acceptable. 

It is called being proactive and not reactive and expecting someone else to handle it. 

But you see....we care. 

The cease fire made more of an impact than a march.

2 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Actually, the March for Our Lives protested all gun violence.

And there are protests going on over this violence, action being taken in the community. Unfortunately it is more like sticking a finger in a leaky dam. Just like protests over mass/school shootings won't stop them either. Not as long as Americans continuously worship at the altar of the gun -- in city ghettos, towns and in rural trailer parks.

It’s called trolling. 

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

The cease fire made more of an impact than a march.

Ahhh weren't they one in the same or at least associated?

Wasn't the incense lady marching/candle vigils and driving the Cease fire?

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, VOSA said:

When it comes to crime I thought being different from other urban areas was the whole point.

I wonder is the difference between the actual makeup of the city(ies) or how the judicial system handles those that screw up.

That might be a bigger part of the equation. 

NYC is way larger than Baltimore.....and HAD way more shootings.....but....that has been reduced drastically. 

Why?

5 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I wonder is the difference between the actual makeup of the city(ies) or how the judicial system handles those that screw up.

NYC is way larger than Baltimore.....and HAD way more shootings.....but....that has been reduced drastically. 

Why?

https://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/new-york-fact-sheet-what-caused-crime-decline

One of the things mentioned is removing some judicial discretion in sentencing with mandatory sentences

3 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

The point of the thread is to prove that all of the marches and vigils, or special government offices created by the mayor specifically for black males, and all of the other excuses to create a better city are useless if they can't change the hearts and bring some sense of civility to those who are committing the murders in B-more. 

13 shot and 5 dead is a big story even if some think it's "trolling" and want to stick their heads in the sand. 

A dullard-type excuse would be to blame it on drugs. 

An honest excuse would be to admit that it's the way these young punks are, or more accurately ARE NOT, being raised.

Just a single murder of a 65 year old grandmother would be major headlines almost anywhere else except in Baltimore where it'll be largely forgotten about by tomorrow.

Ask someone who went to Light City downtown over the weekend what happened when some idiot lit off some firecrackers. 

7 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Why?

Baltimore city representatives and Black and Hispanic reps in the MGA oppose mandatory sentencing where the sentences given are the sentences that would be served by violent repeat offenders.

Just now, bmore_ken said:

https://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/new-york-fact-sheet-what-caused-crime-decline

One of the things mentioned is removing some judicial discretion in sentencing with mandatory sentences

Well the MD GA.....did a shadow puppet thing this past session. 

I can't find one bill that was set up to mandate/truth sentencing that EVEN GOT TO THE FLOOR FOR A VOTE. 

Now if you can point one out ....other than domestic violence confiscation.....I see none. 

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Well the MD GA.....did a shadow puppet thing this past session. 

I can't find one bill that was set up to mandate/truth sentencing that EVEN GOT TO THE FLOOR FOR A VOTE. 

Now if you can point one out ....other than domestic violence confiscation.....I see none. 

I won’t bother looking because it’s political suicide to suggest it. The first thing you’ll hear if a real TIS bill was introduced would be the city delegation screaming racism. 

Edited by bmore_ken

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Baltimore city representatives and Black and Hispanic reps in the MGA oppose mandatory sentencing where the sentences given are the sentences that would be served by violent repeat offenders.

Well he is something that I don't get. 

Early on....the city reps brought a bill to the GA ....I think it was HB1069. There have been so many variations.

Anyway....the bill ...as presented by them was for eliminating gun stocks....and REALLY putting teeth into sentencing. That never got out of committee.....it was split....gun stocks and sentencing. The gun stock thing sailed....which is fine with me. But the other part and multiple other bills presented about sentencing DIED. 

So what does that say?

I know what I think.....but what do you an others think?

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

I won’t bother looking because it’s political suicide to suggest it. The first thing you’ll hear if a real TIS bill was introduced would be the city delegation screaming racism. 

I will try and look it up. 

BUT the bill that was first introduced along those lines was BY THE CITY REPS THEMSELVES.

Hold on I will dig and post. 

Yup here it is.....HB 1062. 

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2018RS/fnotes/bil_0002/sb1062.pdf

Senate Bill 1062 (Baltimore City Senators)(By Request - Baltimore City Administration)

Edited by Guido2