Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

13 shot, 5 dead in Baltimore weekend shootings

128 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

Well he is something that I don't get. 

Early on....the city reps brought a bill to the GA ....I think it was HB1069. There have been so many variations.

Anyway....the bill ...as presented by them was for eliminating gun stocks....and REALLY putting teeth into sentencing. That never got out of committee.....it was split....gun stocks and sentencing. The gun stock thing sailed....which is fine with me. But the other part and multiple other bills presented about sentencing DIED. 

So what does that say?

I know what I think.....but what do you an others think?

Cracking down on repeat violent offenders in the city means more and harsher sentences of black males.

Some will argue that's because of racism. 

I'd argue that it's because they're the ones who are committing the repeat violent crimes in the vast, vast, vast majority of those kinds of cases.

People seem nonchalant about 13 shootings and 5 dead as long as it's not reported as the news it is an should be and not in their neighborhoods.

Light City sure was a good time Saturday night. Incredible to see.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Cracking down on repeat violent offenders in the city means more and harsher sentences of black males.

I'd argue that it's because they're the ones who are committing the repeat violent crimes in the vast, vast, vast majority of those kinds of cases.

People seem nonchalant about 13 shootings and 5 dead as long as it's not reported as the news it is an should be and not in their neighborhoods.

By the lines. 

1. Maybe because they are the ones doing it? :huh:
  2. Well when you cousin of a cousin is involved....you have to defend family after all. 
  3. Yah think Danozzo
  4. I am not nonchalant....are you? I think the 'people' you refer to fall into two categories; 1- gooberment that doesn't want this kind of shadow on their agenda....like really fix things. 2- those that have grown up in that life style and that is just the way it is....which frankly is fine with me...let them kill each other and be done with it. 

Now the decent people.....they are scared shxtless....and they are well...screwed....

The city reps and the state....had a golden opportuinity this GA session to actually walk the walk....to put bad guys in jail and keep them there. But they folded.

So....what did we get....as a state.....Ohhhh another study about violence and more funding for former criminals to be mentors to other criminals...oh and another gun law or two against decent citizens. .:rolleyes:

Edited by Guido2

24 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I agree.

I just think its unfair to say there isn't outrage because there is. There has been some things done to try to curb the violence, but they have been of the community outreach variety, which I also agree, isnt going to show up on the stat sheets immediately. You have to keep violent criminals behind bars.

I also think many people have surrendered to it and consider it the norm until it impacts them or their family.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I agree.

I just think its unfair to say there isn't outrage because there is. There has been some things done to try to curb the violence, but they have been of the community outreach variety, which I also agree, isnt going to show up on the stat sheets immediately. You have to keep violent criminals behind bars.

I also think many people have surrendered to it and consider it the norm until it impacts them or their family.

I agree and I don't. Much depends on which people you are referring to . 

The decent people have been backed in a corner ....and we know all the reasons....so it is keep you head down and hope.

The others....to them it is the 'life' ....so what....it is what it is. 

Unfortunately....that second 'world'....bleeds into the first.....or maybe better put ....controls the first. 

And who's fault is that? City goooberment...and the judicial system. 

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Ahhhh....because it makes them think they are doing something. 

But more than likely it is to get attention and news coverage in an attempt to get city gooooberment to do something. 

I dunno.....I think a lot of the problem is that the city has a large percentage of sheeples for decades. They expect someone else to handle it. 

I live in Woodlawn...yeah we call the cops when a Section 8er move in....but for the most part we are not sheeples....and let them know on no uncertain terms there.....ahhhhh life style is not acceptable. 

It is called being proactive and not reactive and expecting someone else to handle it. 

But you see....we care. 

You call the cops when a section8er moves in. Is it illegal to be a section8er?? Your bigotry knows no bounds ... :lol:

Edited by Marshan Man

2 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

You call the cops when a section8er moves in. Is it illegal to be a section8er?? Your bigotry knows no bounds ... :lol:

I saw that too. Figured, why bother. It's more SSDD.

57 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

That’s bull. Cracking down on repeat violent offenders is just that. Mandatory sentencing is what people think is discriminatory. 

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

That’s bull. Cracking down on repeat violent offenders is just that. Mandatory sentencing is what people think is discriminatory. 

Not if it's across the board, which is should be.

Edited by Pickle20

1 minute ago, Marshan Man said:

No  it isn’t. People of all color commit murder and assaults with a deadly weapon. If a sentence is assigned to those crimes , it applies to all people committing those crimes, Black, white, green, or polka dot. 

1 minute ago, Pickle20 said:

Exactly 

5 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

If by across the board you mean a heroin peddler gets the same as a crack peddler that’s different. But mandatory sentencing as we know it groups crimes by who stereotypically commits those crimes, so it’s targeting groups of people and not the crime itself. 

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

If by across the board you mean a heroin peddler gets the same as a crack peddler that’s different. But mandatory sentencing as we know it groups crimes by who stereotypically commits those crimes, so it’s targeting groups of people and not the crime itself. 

I'm talking about violent crime and using mandatory sentencing for people regardless of race.

Edited by Pickle20

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

You obviously didn't pay attention to what two groups were the most vocal in opposing harsher sentencing before the legislative session ended. 

2 hours ago, naive said:

Light City sure was a good time Saturday night. Incredible to see.

Were you there when someone set off the firecrackers and people started running?

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

You obviously didn't pay attention to what two groups were the most vocal in opposing harsher sentencing before the legislative session ended. 

A wide-ranging crime bill backed by Gov. Larry Hogan (R) and approved earlier by state senators foundered in the Maryland House of Delegates amid opposition from civil liberties groups and black and Latino lawmakers.

But on Saturday, the House, with just one full day left in its 90-day session, passed two pieces of more modest legislation containing aspects of the controversial Senate measure, including tougher penalties for repeat violent offenders.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/maryland-lawmakers-reject-wide-ranging-crime-bill-pass-more-modest-measures/2018/04/07/db35bd2e-39ee-11e8-9c0a-85d477d9a226_story.html?utm_term=.3ead4fa401ab

Edited by Marshan Man

51 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Were you there when someone set off the firecrackers and people started running?

Not that I saw. We left around 10:30-11pm. Thousands of people were there.

55 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

It was a big fat nothingburger.

2 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

It was a big fat nothingburger.

So you were there .??

The murder rate is down from this time last year, so I guess that’s something. 

11 hours ago, bogart said:

Most of those protest are when cops kill innocent BLACK people unnecessary so save the dribble.  You guys must being jumping for joy this morning you don't have just one murder to talk about you have five.  I don't see any other city marching when black people kill black people or when white people kill white people.  Why should Baltimore be any different?

Would that be a bad thing?

Exactly my point. Thanks again, Bogart. 

3 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

The murder rate is down from this time last year, so I guess that’s something. 

Won't break the record, that's a start ....

8 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Won't break the record, that's a start ....

5 to 7 deaths every weekend will add up fast ......

Posted (edited)

On 4/16/2018 at 5:46 PM, stevez51 said:

Ch 11 says count is up to 7 .......

http://www.wbal.com/article/307132/124/2-killed-in-east-baltimore-home

BALTIMORE —

A 65-year-old woman was killed Friday while sitting on her own front porch. She is just one of seven homicide victims in the city since Thursday.

http://www.wbal.com/article/307132/124/2-killed-in-east-baltimore-home

Baltimore police are investigating a double homicide in east Baltimore.

Police were called at around 4 p.m. Monday to a home in the 1700 block of East Federal Street for a reported shooting. Police say they found a man and a woman inside a home there, both suffering from gunshot wounds. They were taken to an area hospital, where they were later pronounced dead.

Add two more.  Double homicide on Monday. 

Police are holding emergency meetings. 

Edited by Baltimatt
Remove deleted quote